Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What is Harder to accept, our current age or being transgendered?

Hi,

One reccuring detail that comes out is had i known then 20 ,30 or how ever long ago . knowing what i know now...it would have been so different.
    yes we can look back we can wonder the what if.

So many of us are well over the age of 50. ill be 66 in aug, comeing . quite frankly i would not wont to go back because over the last 20 years even though 8 were pure ...HELL.... for Jos & i im glad we went through that , we both have grown become stronger yes things have changed for us & family it really was a proveing time for For Jos & i .

I have allways known i was female a weird one at that . yet there was a time for myself to grow into a woman. not before 20 years ago. all i know is the timeing was right, & every detail was right & the help in many matters was worked out my age now is my time & where im am ment to be, so my life is compleat .

Even though i knew before , it could not have worked or would have been the right time, my past was to allow a time to be born a time to grow & now its my time to live, & how long that too has been worked out. So much has happened in my life for it to not be right, when you have a peace with in & know where your ment to be you cant help knowing you can be happy & content,

...noeleena...

Right now I am 67, but I do9n't think may avatar photo really shows that too much. Any views to the contrary, are obviously unacceptable!!! I am slimmer and fitter than I have ever been since my military days, and I'm trying to keep it that way.

Growing old may not be the best fun, but it's a damn sight better than the alternative!

So to all you more mature ladies - good health!
    If you always do what you always did, you'll always get what you always got!

Ok so I wish I could have transitioned at 20 or younger. I could not then it was just not an alternative for me. I will just have to do it now.
    All I ever wanted was to be a girl. Is that really asking too much?

I just Love being a Gurl! bobbimo's Avatar
    Its the AGE!!
    Hands down.
    the eye shadow is a mess with soft droopy lids, and there just isnt anyway to cover all the wrinkles and dry skin.
    Ah we grow old too soon and smart to late.
    Bobbi
    Aint nothin gonna happen that aint supposed too!

Luv doing girl stuff CherylFlint's Avatar
    When I'm dressed as Cheryl I look 10-20 years younger.
    Heck, Cheryl's wig covers my balb spot and receeding hairline.
    Cheryl's makeup cover my lines on my face.
    Cheryl's eyeliner, lash extenders, makes her eyes sparkle.
    Cheryl's lipstick is out of this world.
    And Chery's wardrobe, from girdles, stockings, bras, belts, earrings, is eaily ten times that of the drab me.
    Cheryl has multipel wigs, shoes, suits, skirts, blouses, corsets, rings, must be 30 different lipsticks, etc., while the drab me doesn't have a heck of a lot.

69 fat and bald, and I don't care, when I put on a dress, I feel fine. I might not be that cute twenty something, but when I was I was broke, now I may not be as pretty, but I can afford to dress in a lot nicer manner than I could back then. And being retired, gives me a lot of free time to play!
    Magic is the art of changing consciousness at will.

Good for you Tina as I feel the same. We couldn't afford a new four thousand car when we were younger but, now being older we go in and look at thirty four thousand cars to drive out.
    It's like the 84 year old lady that just won the power ball lottery of over five hundred million. She's thinking ....if I was only younger?

Complex Lolita...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kim_Bitzflick
    …is it harder for us to accept that we are crossdresser/transgender or is it harder to accept that if today we could change to the gender we favor we will never be the young cute girl some of us want to be?
    I accept that I’m a crossdresser. I do NOT accept that I’m transgender. Let’s not combine the two terms, even though I know that TG is employed as a euphemism for CD on this site. I’m a transvestite, OK?

Also, I never wanted to be a “young, cute girl.” For one thing, it’s impossible, and it has ALWAYS been impossible. At this point in my life I would much rather be a young, cute boy who dons a dress now and then – I think that is the very definition of crossdresser

At this point in time, acceptance is a foregone conclusion…

58 and still in the closet and questioning what exactly I am, LOL but trying to take some baby steps out. Of course I would not trade age for time because of a wonderful family, but I can't help wondering "what if"... I think had I taken a different path when younger (as to school, profession, etc), I very likely would have questioned whether I was TG earlier and probably figured it out with a likely different path being followed. If I were younger... would very definitively want to be a "young cute girl" or maybe just a "young woman"... but I am not...just wondering if I should be an "older middle-age woman" (note the cute is missing, LOL).

I absolutely accept being a crossdresser. There is no problem here, this is just who I am.
    As for accepting my age (54), well there is no choice here, but it is very hard to think about all the years and how quickly they have passed.
    Stephanie

Old - not me : just gott'a figure out this time warp gender thingie.........................Debra

Quote Originally Posted by Tracii G View Post
    I can accept my age and who I am.
    If I knew all this at 20 I would have done SRS.
    Besides I am 39...as long as I can "pass" that off... OK 45
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

Definitely the age for me.Turned 60 this year,and can't help but look back and remember how difficult it was to cd 40 years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by windycissy View Post
    Yesterday at my annual physical the nurse informed me that I'm now 5'9", which most men would be bummed about, but I was secretly thrilled to have shrunken to a more womanly height that will make me more passable in heels!
    When I left the Navy in 1967 I was 6'0", now I am 5'10". With the creaking in my spine daily letting me know I am now 66, I am not sure I want to lose much more height - but I do wish I had stayed at 5'7" way back when.
    When writing the next chapter in your life, start with a pencil and eraser - my first page as Miki is full of eraser marks.

Goodness, this is a bit complicated because there are just so many variables to consider in the discussion. I'm 64, happy being male and dress when I can to look my age and who I am. I'm not beautiful, sexy or hot - but I am the female Darla when I dress and that makes me feel good. Indeed, I'm finding as I observe that gg women also come in multiple sizes, shapes and looks. So I feel fortunate that I have the ability to explore my femininity, knowing at the same time that I am male and ain;t nothing going to change that at this point in my life.
    The Wise Ol' Momma Owl....Darla Jean

kim please update us with a current picture i believe you would still be a fine and pass with no problem

I'm glad I've gotten to the age I am. I can't stop thinking about how different things would have been back in the day if all this present knowledge was available to me back then. Using university libraries I could only find less than 1/10th of 1% of what I know now. I used to do a lot of research. I know I would be a fully reassigned woman now but probably wouldn't visit this site very much.

Quote Originally Posted by Frédérique View Post
    I accept that I’m a crossdresser. I do NOT accept that I’m transgender. Let’s not combine the two terms, even though I know that TG is employed as a euphemism for CD on this site. I’m a transvestite, OK?

Also, I never wanted to be a “young, cute girl.” For one thing, it’s impossible, and it has ALWAYS been impossible. At this point in my life I would much rather be a young, cute boy who dons a dress now and then – I think that is the very definition of crossdresser

At this point in time, acceptance is a foregone conclusion…

You read my mind too easily.
    I too am a crossdresser and quite contented with that. It did take me a while at first to accept it, but that's over now.

You appear to have the advantage of age, but I don't think I'm doing too badly for 60 year old with 3 kids and 6 grandchildren. (picture in profile - taken on my 60th birthday last year). No-one has ever questioned me about my crossdressing while I've been out.
    **-* Kath *-**
    Let them see that their words can cut you and you’ll never be free of the mockery. If they want to give you a name, take it, make it your own. Then they can’t hurt you with it anymore.
    ― George R.R. Martin, A Game of Thrones

I accept my age and that I'm a crossdresser. I try to look my best which is hopefully younger than my age of 68. Jaymee
    I enjoy being a boy, being a GIRL like me!!!

Let's see, I'm 60 and have only been dressing for the past year, I accept what I am and the age thing is just that, A thing, so I have just accepted being the old lady that I am, LOL, Bonnie
    Feel free to add me on FB https://www.facebook.com/bonnie.stone

Quote Originally Posted by jackielou View Post
    kim please update us with a current picture i believe you would still be a fine and pass with no problem
    I posted on page 19 of the male/female sticky in the pictures section.
    Kim

"I just gotta be me"

Quote Originally Posted by Tracii G View Post
    I can accept my age and who I am.
    If I knew all this at 20 I would have done SRS.
    I may have been in this same boat
    Carpe Noctem

Cheyenne Hyde

"You may never exceed, your own expectations, of yourself"

http://s46.photobucket.com/user/MsHyde2u/library/
    (the password is feminine)

Great question I've come to grips with being a CD. I just wish I had acted on it 20 years earlier.
    Mary

Age is a state of mind - health is the important thing. If one is young but not healthy, then they feel old. If one is old and healthy, then they should feel young. I'm nearing the "taker" stage, about ready to start both Medicare and Social Security (and I do intend to take them as I've been a maker my whole life). But I feel pretty young and still enjoy high heels, a frilly dress and some wonderful makeup that makes me look younger!
    The Wise Ol' Momma Owl....Darla Jean

Its the age thing. You know the same story about if I had only known then what I know now, I probably would have transitioned before I met my wife and history would be quite different.