Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A Blind Date gone Bad

Gold Member

A Blind Date gone Bad

I was asked to be the 4 th party to a blind date. Now my wife only passed
    about 2 months ago, and I am not ready for this at this time.
    But to appease this friend i agreed to go.
    Some how the conservation came up about men wearing skirts.
    I said I wish I could in the hot weather, I do not look all that well
    in shorts and a knee length skirt might be better. After all they wear
    them in Scotland.
    Well the 70 year old lady that I was to be accompany just went crazy.
    She said that no man worth anything would ever wear a skirt.
    I said, be carefully what you say; There are some very rich men wearing skirts
    in Scotland.
    She said she would never be seen with one.
    Is the thought of a man in a Skirt that bad, Or our some people just
    closed minded.
    I could not wait to get out of their.
    Rader

Sorry to hear about that.
    Did you warn her beforehand?

I guess a dress is out too ? Its all pants for you ,,,lol,,,

Swans have more fun! sandra-leigh's Avatar
    Last edited by Tamara Croft; 06-09-2013 at 12:53 AM. Reason: img is hotlinked, tags removed

Men wear trousers, women wear pants. Men wear kilts, women wear skirts. Everyone knows that! LOL. Women were not allowed to wear kilts untill the 19th century. Time for some more changes around here!

I was at a funeral last week. The family were military musicians and wore their uniforms.

At least one of Canada's regiments has a kilt as part of their male dress uniforms.

You're better off without her, Rader. Why should you put up with her BS?

Sorry to hear about the passing of your wife.

There's nothing worse than being around a redneck woman or man.

I'm sorry about your wife, Rader.

And yes, she is close-minded. Not everyone is like that. In fact, I should think that a lot of people in their 70s would mellow out a bit. At that stage in life a lot of people finally give themselves permission to do and think as they damn well please.
    Reine

I think this is good. Now you know that she isn't the person for you - and you won't waste more time dating her. Or you could wear a skirt next time just to freak her out

Is the thought of a man in a Skirt that bad, Or our some people just
    closed minded.

People are just that closed minded. At least it was a blind date and you can walk away from it none the worse. If they call again and want you to double with this person again, show up in a skirt.

Sorry to hear about your wife
    Flip Flops were made for Beaches & Bath Houses, We have neither in 2017. Lose the flip flops!

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ReineD View Post
    I should think that a lot of people in their 70s would mellow out a bit.
    That's exactly what I was thing too! I'm so sorry to hear about your wife's passing, Rader. It's must still hurt a lot and the last thing I would think you want to do right now is date anyone, never mind someone who is as closed minded as she seems to be.
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!

I just love people that get ridiculously bent out of shape about such important things like apparel. She must have a very full life to get so angry over these things.

*sarcasm

As someone who has a Scottish ancestry and very proud of it, I do wear the tartan. Please don't refer to it as a skirt it is a kilt, which comes from the verb to tuck up around one's body, to kilt a garment.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Sorry about you wife Rader.
    She sounds like a close minded old bird to me.
    Wear a skirt next time and see what happens at least make her feel bad about what she said.Maybe your legs will look better than hers.

Hi Rader,

I echo everyone else. My deepest condolences on your wife.

Personally I would set up another date, dress up up like Dr. Frank and serenade her with "I'm just a sweet transvestite" and table dance for her.

Cheers,

Kalista

I'm a TGirl, yes it's true! I'm a TGirl, through and through.
    I love nylons and high heels, mini-skirts and shopping deals!
    I don't care what others say, life's too short, it's time to play.
    I'm a TGirl, yes it's true! I'm a TGirl, how 'bout you?

Quote Originally Posted by Launa View Post
    Sorry to hear about the passing of your wife.

There's nothing worse than being around a redneck woman or man.
    unless that redneck is a cd like me lol

Swans have more fun! sandra-leigh's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by giuseppina View Post
    At least one of Canada's regiments has a kilt as part of their male dress uniforms.

The Princess Light Brigade, Scottish Regiment. I could pull out the official numbers fairly easily. My father's father's father was a member of one of the Highland companies. I would need to check to see if my mother's father was the same regiment or the next one over in the same brigade. Historically the regiment was feared for being very effective in dangerous missions.

I think one of my great cousins was a long time officer in it: his photos imply that strongly but I have not asked him explicitly. One of my... oh, I don't know, second cousins once removed? is a civilian piper in a troop that provides ceremonial support (full dress) for the Scottish Regiment and linked activities in the Hamilton - Burlington area.

Yes, I'm entitled to wear a tartan... I'm just not sure which one

Aspiring Member
    I am Scottish - I live in Scotland - and I own a kilt. A kilt is a type of skirt - a kilted skirt - that is a male garment worn(usually) on formal occasions by some men in Scotland, including non-Scots. Increasingly women also wear kilted skirts - often in a cultural context - Highland dancing, Gaelic choirs, etc. But most women's kilts are cut differently to the extent that a man wearing a woman's kilt would be noticed as doing so. It would probably be assumed that this was cultural ignorance more then cross-dressing, though - but as I have never seen anyone do so - I don't know. I doubt if anyone in Scotland would be at all bothered by the views of an American redneck, even if she expressed them over here - every Scot has encountered tourists who show contempt for us and our culture - but they have always been vastly outnumbered by nice visitors - and it has to be said that many tourists (particularly Americans?) love to see men in kilts. Irnically I have not worn my kilt for some years purely because my legs are now kept hairless to look good in skirts worn with sheer tights and heels.

Wherever there is a Sale or Macys, but mostly Baltimore MD
    Quote Originally Posted by RADER View Post
    ............... Or our some people just closed minded.
    Rader,

YES ! closed like Han Solo trapped in carbonite. Too many times people of are stuck in a time warp of their generation. Rader , I'm glad you are not as narrow minded as your blind date. I'm glad you are out there socializing , It's good for you and i'm sure your wife would approve and is smiling on you now.

Huggs

Kelly
    Kelly DeWinter
    Find Kelly at:
    Kelly's Blog
    Flicker
    [COLOR=#2e8b57

It sounds like neither she nor you would want to do this again. I like Kelly's response; I'm sure you will proceed at your own pace.
    Last edited by Claire Cook; 06-09-2013 at 06:10 AM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Proud member of the Lacey Leigh Fan Club

Platinum Member
    Some people are incredibly narrow minded. No woman worth anything would have that opinion!

sorry

Hey Raider
    Sorry to hear about your wife
    Yes people are extremely closed minded. I wonder if she happened to be wearing pants? I would have asked her if she thinks it is okay for women to wear pants and maybe suggest she rethink her opinion.

People are really closed minded, scottish clans wear kilts, but some fashion designers like Marc Jacobs or Gaultier wear it or tried to impose skirt for men. One day maybe

funny thing: here in France there is a very old law forbidding women wearing pants haha. Nobody cares about it even if it was not repealed, just not applied ^^
    "Fashion is neither moral or immoral, but it is for rebuilding the morale" Karl Lagerfeld

Very sorry to hear about your wife.
    r some people just
    closed minded.
    Saddly some just are....
    If you are a Genetic Female (Female at Birth) and would like to join us in the F.A.B. Forum, please follow the link.

F.A.B. Forum Access

Sherlyn,My beautiful sweet girl
    You forever and always will be my one and only true love . ❤️

Administrator

Radar, so sorry for your loss. Even if it had of been a nice match, it's just to soon anyway, and at our age it will take a little looking to find that open mind, unfortunately we tend to get set in our ways as we age, not more likely to loosen up as someone put it.
    Magic is the art of changing consciousness at will.