Thread: Got catcalled!

Got catcalled!

I went out this morning as Samantha to get gas and some groceries. As I walked through the store parking lot, a man yelled "Easy, girl!" from a car, in a definite catcall type of voice.

At first I was taken back, thinking I had been made and was being heckled, but soon realized that he was just being a jerk to a shapely lady! Definitely a compliment for me... if only he knew!

I know I don't post often, but I've been working hard on my natural hair, makeup, and even have my lady voice somewhat passable. After the store trip I didn't want to ever go back to boy mode. I have you gals to thank for it; I lurk here and learn!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Samantha

haha that's awesome! one time i was walking up from my backyard in a kinda sexy outfit, short skirt, cute top, and some stockings, nothing crazy though, and some guy was staring as he drove past and almost drove into a phone pole >_< i thought it was kinda funny and took it as he thought I looked good. I've also been honked at by a fedex driver wearing a plaid mini skirt :P Gotta love it when you get positive feedback from strangers :]

p.s. you are a very pretty lady!!

Silver Member
    Sister, you really have to be careful from now on, for the sake of your own personal safety. It must be fun, at least initially, getting that kind of recognition. But most women will probably tell you it wears thin quickly, because the type of guy who catcalls a girl is not the kind of guy you want to be with.

Most importantly, it's that same class of guy who will think nothing of beating you senseless or killing you in a homophobic rage if he finds out you are not the woman he thought you were. 'Humanity" is not yet very far removed from caveman days. Please be careful.

some time we do get cat call

Quote Originally Posted by Karen_the_Cutie View Post
    p.s. you are a very pretty lady!!
    Thank you! I feel like I've made a major leap recently. Still have a long way to go though!!

Quote Originally Posted by suzanne View Post
    Sister, you really have to be careful from now on, for the sake of your own personal safety. It must be fun, at least initially, getting that kind of recognition. But most women will probably tell you it wears thin quickly, because the type of guy who catcalls a girl is not the kind of guy you want to be with.

Most importantly, it's that same class of guy who will think nothing of beating you senseless or killing you in a homophobic rage if he finds out you are not the woman he thought you were. 'Humanity" is not yet very far removed from caveman days. Please be careful.
    Thank you for the tip. I'm very careful about where I go and when, but nobody is safe from this sort of thing. I'll save the tight, sex-appeal outfits for when I'm with a group!!
    Samantha

I went to a River City Gems event a couple of months ago and stayed at the h(m)otel the event was hosted at and when I was walking back a cop car was parked outside the lobby. I looked over at the cop and he winked back at me.

Freaky - I was at least 30 years his senior!!
    When writing the next chapter in your life, start with a pencil and eraser - my first page as Miki is full of eraser marks.

Great tell girl..... we all love to hear that.... I have a hard time between wanting to blend and wanting to be ... well better dressed than the rest. This then lends to the "hey look at me" look. Best cat call yet received was "hey, someone's lookin good today"... from some passing pickup with a couple of guys in it... Makes the whole day go that much better...

Thanks for sharing....

Renne.....

Thanks for sharing Samantha, great story! Yes, we need to be careful. But YES, your are VERY cute!
    Hugs, Jules

i have mixed feelings about catcalls. on one hand, it is a sort of compliment to be recognized as a female - especially thought to be seen as one worth noticing. on the other hand, its degrading to GG's (although, i have talked to a few who actually like it), but overall its the masculine sexualizing the feminine. the men who typically catcall are not ones i'd like to associate with either. then, there is the off chance, that i am being targeted by a neanderthal who, in his own way, might be calling me out as a CD - and potentially as a streetwalker. which, i am most certainly not, at least to the latter. Still, i try to look at the positives of it... and take it as a boost of confidence and as an unfortunate reward for passing enough. of course, i always keep my wits about, and stay aware of my surroundings, just in case...
    when in doubt, smile

One single occasion for me.... Got called at by a guy (car to car at the lights).... I turned and looked at him, said "ya really think so love ?" and he actually jumped the lights to get away LOL !!

Maybe I shouldn't find that funny.... But I do.

Good story Samantha, catcalls do worry me sometimes.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.