Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: When MONEY talks...People listen. Even Crossdressers???

Banned Read only

When MONEY talks...People listen. Even Crossdressers???

Could MONEY get you out of your closet? Even if you are happy there and KNOW you won't ever want out? [The very same way any person could KNOW they would not ever want to be a ballerina or a professional wrestler, bull fighter etc.?]

And here is the kicker or easy part. You don't have to "dress" at all. In any way, shape or form. No padding, or wigs or makeup or undies.

100 bucks for an hour of your time plus you get a free meal in a nice restaurant? How about 500 bucks? You don't even have to drive. THEY would pick you up. You don't even have to SPEAK to anyone. Answer even one Q. Don't have to nod or grunt. Don't have to listen to anything. No signature needed. You can come disguised if you want with mustache, wig, etc., if you are worried about your ID.

So what's the catch? THEY, the scientists who would like to find out just what makes us CDers tick, are going to try to get you to "hold still" for 15 or 20 minutes while they scan your brain. The ONLY thing you have to do is LOOK at 100 images in a slide show and nothing more. THEY will be able to see just what makes you [a CDer] tick by simple observation of your brain. Of course in an fMRI, like any medical procedure, analysis/results are subject to error. You can have the "results" IF you want them.

You would be helping Science and Humankind immensely!!!

Maybe some would be willing to pay money to have it done?

The above offer IS hypothetical of course. I completely fabricated it.

But, fMRIs ARE turning out to be an amazing tool in research, and are continuously being refined and the capability is already there.

So Who is game?
    Last edited by Wildaboutheels; 06-14-2013 at 03:35 PM.

eh....no.

I am simply me.
    I am happy to die being who I am. ....girl, guy...whatever.

To those Hockey fans out there, I'm rooting for the Bruins for the Stanley Cup.
    Last edited by NathalieX66; 06-14-2013 at 03:45 PM.

why do I hear Beethoven playing in the background as I look at the images???? (BTW this is a TG reference, which most will never get the connection)

I am not in the closet but sure, pay me, feed me, I 'll do just about anything
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

Swans have more fun! sandra-leigh's Avatar
    I'd be busy asking them "So, which pulse sequences are you using here? What's your resolution? What processing package are you using? Ah, I thought so; give me a call when you can't stand the bugs anymore, I have experience in fixing that program. But I guess then that you didn't read our papers on data clustering? What? No, give me a blackboard or a paper and pen and I'll show you why that doesn't work..."

Quote Originally Posted by NathalieX66 View Post
    To those Hockey fans out there, I'm rooting for the Bruins for the Stanley Cup.
    What is hockey, who are the Bruins and what is the Stanley Cup??

(I have been to three Sharks matches: I have been seated against the glass in a corner, I have been in a corporate box and I have been in the clouds. A regular match is louder by magnitudes than a Warrior's playoff game - and unbearable after the first period. It is disgusting when a player leaves his snot and nose blood on the glass after a body check and I find hockey slightly more interesting than pro Lacrosse!)
    Last edited by mikiSJ; 06-14-2013 at 04:35 PM.
    When writing the next chapter in your life, start with a pencil and eraser - my first page as Miki is full of eraser marks.

Worlds Prettiest Dad!!! Jocelyn Quivers's Avatar
    Yes, a study for $500 Cash Money could drag me completely out the closet! I am game! Sign me up!
    [SIZE="3"]MUSCULAR GIRLS ARE PRETTY!!![/SIZE]

Current Inspirational Song-"Running Free"- Kissin Dynamite

M-E-A-T, M-A-C-H-I-N-E, MEAT MACHINE!, MEAT MACHINE!!!
    The Governor for President 2016!!
    All I want for Christmas is an Anita Model Synth

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    I hate MRI's but if they want to talk I'm willing to do that.
    Pay in hand first please.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    I had an offer like that. A guy wanted to pay for my flight to Florida. Put me up in a private room in a nice hotel for the weekend. He'd pay for ALL expenses. And, I only had to accompany him out and about for 2 days and nites.

He said sex wasn't required. But, we were to share the same hotel room!

Would u have gone? This is NOT Hypothetical. I turned him down and another girl went and "had a great weekend"!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Banned Read only
    I wouldn't mind participating, if this is a real study. I don't expect to find out what makes me want to dress, but at least I'd be contributing to the general knowledge.

Hell I'd do it for the free food, but only if they would would let me dress...

Lady in Being (7/20/17) AmyGaleRT's Avatar
    The only thing that would really concern me is, what is this data going to be used for? Let's say they perform this experiment on a number of CDs, including me, and they do find out something about the way CDs' brains function that's unusual. Would they use this to develop a "scan" for CDing tendencies that would effectively disqualify people from jobs, housing, government benefits, etc., if the light came on? Or perhaps something more sinister? Or perhaps something more subtle, like a scan to detect CD tendencies in young boys so they can be put into "re-education" treatments by their squeamish/overly religious/bigoted/clueless parents?

If I contribute data to a research study, and the results of this study wind up used for nefarious purposes, I'd be partly responsible, and I wouldn't want any part of it.

Otherwise, if it would be used to try to help people, or just for pure scientific curiosity, sure, I'd do it. I'd even show up as Amy for the purpose, to establish my bona fides.

- Amy
    Amy Gale Ruth Bowersox (nee Tapie) - "Be who you are, and be it in style!"
    Member, Board of Trustees, Gender Identity Center of Colorado
    aka Amelia Storm - Ms. Majestic Hearts of All Colorado 2018-2019, Miss Majestic Hearts of All Colorado 2015-2016

where da check at??? LOL
    paula

Luv doing girl stuff CherylFlint's Avatar
    I have always believed that the goal of a cross dresser is to be a successful cross dresser, and the only way to really know if you’re doing everything correctly, looking, walking and whatever else it takes, is to get out there and “pass”.
    Some of us can pass easier than others, but that shouldn’t stop anyone from at least trying.
    Just to get out at night and driving around is a step in the right direction: little outings to gain confidence.
    After a time you’ll go out more and not be so self conscience, or self centered. The main thing is to blend in and not be a square peg trying to fit into a round hole.
    Too high heels, too much makeup, too big of bust, too short of skirt are dead giveaways.
    It’s a great feeling “passing”, that your living your dream and everyone around you are treating you as the girl you are. “May I help you Miss?” are the most loved words in the world when you’re at a department store just looking at skirts and blouses.
    It means you’ve become “one of them”, what you should’ve been since birth but were not.

Hi,

I wonder if they would find much from me my brain is allready er well how do you say it screewd any ways nothing normal about this kid, id do it any time money or no. gee that would be fun, now what was the ? . do i have a brain. ummm they may have to find it first.

They did do tests on some a few years ago. though there was a miner detail none ever found out because they needed to be dead first & yes some of us have female brains & in size like women ooops as female, . so a MRI i think would be better. So when they going to scan us ,

...noeleena...

I'd offer to check the questionannaire before it administered, and propose changes. I'd also offer to check the data before it was number-crunched. Cos that's what I do for a living!

Like any payment for using your body for science, be skeptical and check it out first.
    There are a number of replies with warnings and cautions here already.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

I don't think I would. It sounds all big brother creepy.

Getting paid to crossdress would be great. However, I'm not too crazy about this MRI stuff.

At first glance I though it was a Clockwork Orange reference. No9, movement 4?
    hugs for everyone!
    Rachel x

Sure, I'd let them examine my brain, but wouldn't it be better to do so without knowing I crossdress. If they can figure it out, let them tell me I crossdress.

Cheryl (post #13), it is NOT the goal of every crossdresser to pass. Period. And WHO decides what's too high, too much, too big, or too short?

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by AmyGaleRT View Post
    If I contribute data to a research study, and the results of this study wind up used for nefarious purposes, I'd be partly responsible, and I wouldn't want any part of it.

Otherwise, if it would be used to try to help people, or just for pure scientific curiosity, sure, I'd do it. I'd even show up as Amy for the purpose, to establish my bona fides.

- Amy
    Any science, even the most benign sounding, can be used for nefarious purposes. That doesn't make the science itself bad, just the people who use it that way.

Sorry, WAH, this one would make me wonder about the offeror's agenda. Karen_K is exactly right. There are too many comedians around who would use the results of such a study to society's detriment given the opportunity.

No sale at any price.

I just Love being a Gurl! bobbimo's Avatar
    I'm a cheap date, Gimme $10, doll me up and take me out...I'm all yours
    Bobbi
    Aint nothin gonna happen that aint supposed too!

I'd run the other way although I would interested in the results. I am afraid that our society today might start calling our pastime an mental disability, and take away my deer hunting equipment, or make us institutionalized. I really don't need the money so why mess with what's not broken in my feeble mind.

Funny you bring that up because I was reading earlier about MRIs on TG people..They believe that they can now scan a identify a TG child helping them to hold off puberty.. Here is some of the progress they have made..

Antonio Guillamon's team at the National University of Distance Education in Madrid, Spain, think they have found a better way to spot a transsexual brain. In a study due to be published next month, the team ran MRI scans on the brains of 18 female-to-male transsexual people who'd had no treatment and compared them with those of 24 males and 19 females.

They found significant differences between male and female brains in four regions of white matter – and the female-to-male transsexual people had white matter in these regions that resembled a male brain (Journal of Psychiatric Research, DOI: 10.1016/j.jpsychires.2010.05.006). "It's the first time it has been shown that the brains of female-to-male transsexual people are masculinised," Guillamon says.

In a separate study, the team used the same technique to compare white matter in 18 male-to-female transsexual people with that in 19 males and 19 females. Surprisingly, in each transsexual person's brain the structure of the white matter in the four regions was halfway between that of the males and females (Journal of Psychiatric Research, DOI: 10.1016/j.jpsychires.2010.11.007). "Their brains are not completely masculinised and not completely feminised, but they still feel female," says Guillamon
    I do not!! Claim to be an expert on any topic, when I post a new thread or reply on any thread my imput is strickly that of a crossdresser. Not to offend Gay people , Transexuals or any other life style, I am only commenting on one of my own.