Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Do you try to dress like a real woman?

Quote Originally Posted by carhill2mn View Post
    I try my best to dress like a well-dressed woman at all times. This does not mean that I try to dress like most women as I do not like how most women dress these days. Even when dressing casually, I try to look nice.
    Thank you, Carole. My thoughts exactly!

I looked into my closet and realize that everything I have there would/could be worn any day of the week by any female I know. My clothing is all casual "Go to the PTA" type clothing.
    I did however recently meet with a friend who had nothing but what I would consider party/evening dresses. She allowed me to have a fashion show in her home and took some pictures for me.
    I don't think even if there were my dresses that I have the nerve to wear them out in a nightclub type setting, but what a feeling! I'll try to get one of them posted in the Picture and Video section here.
    [SIZE="3"][/SIZE]Hugs,

Carla

http://flickr.com/photos/carla4guage/

yes as I enjoy running my errands, doing my grocery shopping, dining, etc.

Yes, but I'm not real good at tucking so get that buldge sometimes which is not allowed in photos here.

Let's all go to the mall and ask GG's "why don't you dress like a real woman?".
    Uh.....which ones do we ask, those wearing capri pants and keds, or those wearing dresses and heels?

If you are not trying to dress as a real female, then what is the point if cross dressing. If going out I try to dress in a manner appropriate for the occasion. At home only, then anything goes, but I still want to feel real in my look. That is, as best I can for my age.

I do like to go out dressed so I am never "over the top". I dress very stylishly casual and can blend in ...

Just have fun doing what you like

Hello all............

One of the reasons why I dress is to express that feminine side of me. I always dress as female/feminine as I can.

Call me a soccor mom ,going to a PTA meeting or a real estate broker in a suit as long as you call me feminine.

This is in fun thread! For me it has evolved over time. When I first started going out I looked like hooker no doubt about it lol.
    But I new it and didn't care my time was limited and I wanted to look how I wanted to look. But I wouldn't go to the mall dressed like that I would usually go to the " adult " video store where it wasn't all that out of place. But as I got more comfortable going out I wanted to go to more Main Stream places like a mall. I started dressing more like a real girl would in those situations but a sexy girl. I.e. last week I was out at a mall wearing I tight pair of skinny jeans and I sweater w/ a cute pair of high heel booties. Hair make up and nails done wearing jewelry and I always Carry a pocket book. But when I went out dancing at the gay bar I wore a sexy dress and thigh high boots. But that's what makes me happy

I'm one of those who dress "over the top", but that's what I enjoy. Every time I'm going to buy a normal dress, my instincts take over, and I buy a very feminine costume or something similar. But it's mostly because of my limited time and money, otherwise I would buy a lot more "normal" outfits to wear.

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Alice B View Post
    If you are not trying to dress as a real female, then what is the point if cross dressing.
    The point, for me, is not to be confined by gender boundaries. I like both male and female clothing, and express my right to do so, irrespective of how it's received by society. When I wear an item of clothing designed for the opposite sex, then by definition I am cross dressing. But long ago I realised that I shouldn't have to present fully (at least to the best of my ability) as a female in order to wear what I want to wear. And the bottom line is, for a lot of us, no matter the effort we go to in the hope of passing as a female, it is something that will never be achieved, at least never achieved 100% of the time.

So for me, it isn't about me trying to dress as a "real female". For a real female is something that I am not. I am, by definition, a crossdresser, but I don't aspire to a particular look that tries to emulate women. I merely dress for myself, and if that pushes the "gender boundaries", then so be it.

I am very fortunate in that I am out and about almost every day. I dress to blend in but yet I try to be a notch or two above the average. Never let it be said that I am a poor representative of the ladies of the world. I have too much respect for them.

Susan in Phoenix

MALE BY BIRTH.......

FEMALE BY DESIGN

I'm 29 years old, and I like looking like women around my age. Where I'm going and what I'm doing largely dictate my outfits. I love heels, but I'm not wearing them to the grocery store. Thankfully, there's plenty of variety in my closet, and I can be situation-appropriate for multiple scenes.
    "Be yourself; everyone else is already taken."
    Oscar Wilde

I love to dress nice,so I pick out a short mini skirt,a silky soft blouse, tan,or off-black stockings&a pair of black or white heels

I always try to dress appropriately for a lady of my age, 54. I just love wearing a skirt or dress and showing off my legs! I think it looks so feminine.

My wife told me several years ago that if I was going to dress as a woman I was to do it right and look as presentable as possible. Those words were music to my ears and I've tried to live by them ever since. Unfortunately time to dress up is never as plentiful as I would like.

I think we often try to look like what we think a woman looks like. This might be quite different what women really look like...

I maintain my long hair as a woman. Get up in the morning. Apply moisturizing leave in conditioner to my hair. Let this spread out. Comb, then apply Chi Silk serum and Orofludio to the back and top. Brush, then apply Orofludio to the top and back again. Brush out. Make sure my back and side curls are together and shiny. Brush my long hair down over my back.

Apply facial clenser. Clean off with a facial mat. Apply facial cream. Spread. The apply facial eye liner. Let set. Go out into the world. I dont wear more than this since since women dress very casual and I match this. Just use very feminine hair.

Ciao,
    Clorissa

i only have one outfit that i would consider to be "abnormal" feminine clothing... it's a very frilly pink dress that would only be worn by a sissy or a girl dressing up in "Sweet Lolita" style. Everything else has come from normal women's clothing stores, so by definition it's "real" women's clothing.

As we all know very well, women have a much wider variety of clothing options available to them than men do, so as long as you keep things reasonably appropriate for your environment looking like a "real woman" doesn't have to mean looking drab.
    "You say, 'There's not a lot of me, left anymore- just leave it alone...'" (Tori Amos)

I definitely go for the every day/current girl look. I don't care for going over the top at all. Just doesn't do anything for me. I try to keep up with the styles that are worn by most GG that I see in public and find attractive. While I love looking at beautiful women...and do it often - I am also simultaneously analyzing what she's wearing and getting ideas and wishing I was her. lol.
    I want to be a girl - that's all.

I dress just as a real woman would in the same situation and environment. If I am in a city I try to emulate that style and the different makeup they wear but when around here in the country (SOUTH) sometime no makeup or at best very little and lite is the style for our life style. But then if I need to dress for business that style of clothes and makeup call for more time, care and makeup with the dress or suit.

And then what Caitlin 85 wrote is almost a mirror image of my mindset too. I find my admiration and imagination fixed to the style and look of women much more appealing to me than sexual attraction. Any way I have a fantastic supportive wife and don't even want to think of jeopardizing our relationship by doing something stupid.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Fran
    It's worth something just being around to Fuss!