Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you try to dress like a real woman?

Quote Originally Posted by Leah Lynn View Post
    I do go out a lot and I dress to blend. However, I DO NOT dress to blend at Walmart. Some of those people are downright spooky! I do have some taste.

Dress for the occasion, but with taste.

Leah
    I agree with Leah Lynn. I go out a lot also and always dress for the occasion and also with taste.

Luv doing girl stuff CherylFlint's Avatar
    Dress for the occasion.
    The mall may be jeans and a floppy blouse or sweatshirt.
    The mall at lunch may be a business suit.
    Evening a skirt and blouse.
    It all depends on whatever it takes to “pass”, and when I say “pass”, it’s to fool the women that see you.
    As far as “occasions” go, my favorite outfit is a Frederick’s of Hollywood leather look-alike mini skirt, seamed stockings, sheer blouse with lacy bra, kind of my flashing neon sign saying “EASY”. I wear it when I go looking for guys.
    Last edited by CherylFlint; 06-19-2013 at 04:29 PM. Reason: thoght about it more

The best of both worlds Kathi Lake's Avatar
    Right there. To your left. No, your LEFT! Yes, that's it. Hi.
    Absotively!

At least, . . . as close as I can get.

I'm not a hyper-feminine dresser. I'm not a fetishistic dresser. I'm not a period dresser. And I'm sure not one that would be called anything but a boring, prudish, "normal" dresser.

I don't necessarily follow trends, knowing that as few times as I wear something, by the time I pull it out the second time, it would be sooooooo last month!

Basically, I have my own style. I've taken the professional look of my wife (who still takes my breath away!), and added some "fun" from my quirky (OK - unhinged) side.

Kathi

Yes, and one of the nicest compliments I have received is the I "looked like a woman"!
    When writing the next chapter in your life, start with a pencil and eraser - my first page as Miki is full of eraser marks.

I have really become a fan of just dressing casually in girly clothes all the time. sure the T shirts and jeans are a lot more slim fitted and sometimes shorter, but I like the way they look and feel. I don't feel the need to get in a dress every time I want to go out. It is fun to just enjoy the little things that GG's experience every day! I wear yoga pants around the house all the time and it is just kinda fun to feel cozy while expressing myself at the same time

I am pretty broke right now too, so I keep asking GG friends to give me their old clothes that they don't want any more, so I at least get to wear what a normal girl would!

"A glass of wine anytime" rachaelsloane's Avatar
    I think I have a pretty good sense of style and have received many compliments on my outfits and a few times have been asked where I bought the dress, skirt etc. It also helps that I use a minimal amount of makeup.
    " I love the life I live and I live the life I love"

You bet I do, That,s the hole idea for me. When I step out the door I want to look all of a girl I can. And I love being noticed. I have no idea what they are thinking. If it,s good then I,ve done my part well.
    There are people who think you should live life the way they do. I live life the way I want to.

yup I do! I try and totally pass for a woman, so I try to look good, but tasteful as well. I don't dress overly sexy when out and about, as I'm still working on my voice, and like to avoid conversations with men. sometimes around the house I dress a little on the sexier side for fun though, I've gotten some beeps and hollered at (in a good way) by some guys driving past when I was walking through my yard in a mini skirt.

Neanderthal in nylons Julie Denier's Avatar
    I like to be pretty when I dress, and wear what I like to see women wearing: dresses, hosiery, heels. I know this isn't necessarily realistic for everyday wear, but I don't go out, so I wear what I like, and try to present a convincing image for myself

I try to dress to look normal and natural, what would a 40 something woman wear... I just want to blend and not get a second look.
    I was never one for the extreme and want to be able to look in the mirror and see Emily looking back, but she's a picky pain in the butt some days.

Dresses are nice, but shorts and a nice top work on most days when it's warm.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Emily

We're the ones who start little fires, yet they burn out
    But when they're on the rise, we can't help but shine

And when the wave approaches, take our ashes to the ocean
    Who cares if hell awaits? We're having drinks at heaven's gate

"Modern Jesus" Portugal (The Man)

Silver Member
    When I first was out I dressed like the girls my age. Back then it was always a dress or skirt. Blue eye shadow days. The fun part was the lingerie then bra slip panty and long legged panty girdle with hose. Women and girls wore nice clothes often.

Today it is much more casual. I ware blouses or tops and shorts most of the time. Seldom a dress except long lounge wear for around the pool. I think that several of the women around the area don't even own a dress. Most of the men don't own suits. I don't really miss dresses.

I wear women's jeans while in male mode so when Patti goes out she usually wears a skirt and sometimes a dress. With the hot weather finally here, I love to feel a cooling breeze on my legs, even if I am wearing pantihose. Real women should enjoy their femininity as much as I do.

Hi,

Hmmm, okay well id have an issue with this, Oh dear .....iv tryed for a few years now & i took two years to learn makeup , clothes , so i could look normal or as said like .....a real woman...... yea okay ill wave that , any way i tryed did health & beauty with 6 other women had makeup done by two lovely makeup women did it all. Jos helped with its not right get it off & start again, or those clothes are .....ooops, gone.

Jos was with me when i brought my first wig, she thought it was good, & buying clothes, well i did anyway for her, yes iv a good eye for = that looks great...on you.... hey i did not say on me.

Now all , well , most anyway would look lovely on others okay... on myself , well okay ill concede yes, oh even the shoes, now whats left does not count, as you know, i should just stop now & say thats it, well thats how i feel anyway. oh yea i went with some of our people on saturday night Edwardian members 25 of us, yes was lovely nice food & a lovelyy time out , oh yes all dressed up. well i thought they were . well a picture was taken of myself & one of my friends said it looked lovely.

Oooops thats when i start getting embarrised real quick. so iv not seen it ...yet.... oh heck. So do i dress as a normal woman. i think so. do i look like a normal woman. now was there another ? ...no... okay no i dont look like a normal woman never will , i am one, just im not happy with my look . as they say you cant or ( wont ) make a silk purse out of a sow's ear , you know i think they be right,

...noeleena...

Silver Member
    I am regularly told real women don't wear pantyhose (that is a big one!), real women don't wear skirts and dresses everyday, real women don't wear a skirt suit to the mall, real women wear pants most of the time, etc. etc. That might all be true, "real women" might not wear nylons or whatever... but "I" do, "real women" might choose not to wear what I do, but "I" choose to because "I" like what I am wearing.

I dress first and foremost to please myself... if I am not pleased, why would I bother dressing up, I would end up feeling the same as I would dressed en drab (and being en drab I do not have to worry about being read, which restroom to use or being pulled over dressed and all that nonsense.)

While I'm out I like to dress on the "pretty" side of blending in. I might, for example, wear a bit of "bling" while shopping - not a lot and not enough to draw attention to myself. The idea is to "pass" if I possibly can. I try to dress as other women would in the same surroundings, possibly jeans & a top under a jacket on a cool day. I'm not going to stand out as being the only woman in a dress if I can help it.

Indoors is something else. I like to experiment - mix & match whatever I have. Some of the combinations are vile.
    **-* Kath *-**
    Let them see that their words can cut you and you’ll never be free of the mockery. If they want to give you a name, take it, make it your own. Then they can’t hurt you with it anymore.
    ― George R.R. Martin, A Game of Thrones

Lately I've had the help of a GG. Her advice has been great. When I go out to the mall or anywhere I notice what the ladies are wearing. At my age ladies don't wear mini skirts, seamed stockings or 5 inch pumps. As much fun as that might be I'll leave that for another time.

Yes FelicityMay, dressing like a real woman is certainly very important to me. I want to look in the mirror or look at my photos and see a woman, not a crossdresser. That's when I am happy with myself. It's not that I need to go out in public and pass, although I'd love to. I only need to convince my self that I have become a woman, that there is nothing I see that is male.

Platinum Member

Once A Lady Always A Lady

Hi Felicity May, I don't go out dressed but when I dress I like to look as feminine as possible
    whether I'm dressed to the nines or just casual I want to see a lady looking back t me in the mirror
    not just a guy with a dress and a wig in hi-heels.
    Last edited by BLUE ORCHID; 06-18-2013 at 05:47 AM.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

I try to dress like a "real" woman my age (or a few years younger but that's still "old"). Of course I can't pull off some of the things they wear because I have a male body and some body hair. I have to conceal as much skin as possible.

What I don't do is dress like a hooker. No six inch heels, no short miniskirts, no overdone makeup, etc. I think that's the mistake many crossdressers make.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda

Hi there one and all.
    I do dress as a women 24/7 but i dress from the heart and i do pout makeup on and i dress for the day. I think that we or me shod dress to in press just you for get the rest if you fill happy you are happy.

i think i know what your getting at and kinda felt the same about what ur asking . women dont go to prom everyday so why r there so many crossdressers that feel the only way to feel female like is this extravagent dressing . yes it feels good an looks femanin but females dont get made up everyday they were confertable clothes most often and the ocatioanal dress up unless there in a buisness setting were they have too be in dressy clothes its just a bother . ive seen gorgeas women dress down seven out of ten days rather than be fashionable its really funny when u get down too it and study them . sometimes men just pick up on the really pretty side of women and dont focus on the hohum side i guess . kinde like when u get a tux and where it for a formal event then the next day your in lounge pants an a t shirt .

We can dress in a plethora of ways both up and down but if we exude femininity and have confidence it will be evident regardless of how we dress Hon.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

I tend to like the librarian/office gal look myself but I would love to go out in a nice evening dress someday. My main goal is to be passable and if I feel naughty i'll wear it under the "normal" gal clothes but I try not to stick out when I dress

Am not sure i fully understand what it means to "dress like a woman." Just kidding, i understand. I think for me, the key is to dress appropriately for the occasion/location. As an example, when SO and I go grocery shopping, it would be inappropriate to wear the same clothes i wear when i go clubbing - unless of course, am going grocery shopping at 2 in the morning on my way back from clubbing

Now, when i do wear skirts and dresses, i also wear hose as i think it really enhances the formality of the clothing. Frankly, that is how the professional women in my practice dress.

If wearing jeans or leggings, i tend to wear open toed shoes so no hose. I do like the more exotic fabrics such as leather, PVC etc. When i wear those its also appropriate such as clubs where wearing that kind of clothing is appropriate.

Quote Originally Posted by Emma500 View Post
    Absolutely. It feels fantastic to be completely dressed in womens' clothes. Knowing that the clothes you are wearing are genuinely female clothing is incredibly exciting. Emma
    EMMA I totally agree but mostly relaxed casual, jeans, capris, shorts with tops and tees etc. Not really in to dresses or over the top dressing just, blend in, casual female. I do get a lot of things at thrift stores, not just genuinely female clothes, but broken in by genuine female can be exciting also.