Thread: It's too damn hot!!

It's too damn hot!!

Just got all dressed up and ready to go out - but the temperature is over 30 degrees (C) here isn Basel Switzerland. I went out for a few minutes and already the sweat was breaking out on the upper lip. Wig, padding etc, - just can't be done! So I came back in and am now sulking in the hotel room.

I had planned a nice trip out - the longest I had ever ventured - buit alas it will have to wait for another day...
    Christine x - more pics on Flickr http://www.flickr.com/photos/misschristinereid/

I feel your pain Christine. I was lucky this time around when I was out in LA that it was relatively cool out (75 F) but I have been in your situation. You could always find an outfit that still compliments you to have less clothes on but 30c is pretty darn hot You could also go to a mall where there is AC if that helps

Lighter weight clothing, shorts / capries, sandals - I know it's a biT&h but a girl has to do what a girl has to do - wig 'nother whole pblm, but staying inside sucks....................Debra

What a bunch of wimps, try 110F on for size it is that here in the fabulous SW.
    LOVE & HUGS Georgette

Be who you want to be not what others think you should be
    On the Road to a better Place

If, God put you there, God will help you through it.

I'm a summer person. I do ok this time of year as long as I dress for it, you know, like shorts and a tank and sandles,, instead of sleves and hose, and pumps.

Platinum Member
    I know how it feels...rather routine weather for us in Houston! I still do venture out, but its a bit of a challenge in summer weather! Pretty much confined to places with AC!

put on a bikini and go tanning! B]

it doesn't usually get to hot here in boston, i like the summer and hot weather but i really does suck when i get all dressed an made up only to have my face melt after being out for 10 minutes

Banned Read only
    Hi Christine

Here where I am in the Great State of Texas, Its 92 degrees. It's beautiful out. I can wear my swimsuit and go swimming. I just love seeing my painted toenails in the water.

Girl from the Eagles Nest reb.femme's Avatar
    I'm feeling your pain too Christine.

The main problem is my head sweats for Britain. I really am a north west European, with any temperature above 20c being classified as hot .

Humidity absolutely wrecks me.

Rebecca
    Flying high under the spell of life!

http://www.rebsweb.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Georgette View Post
    What a bunch of wimps, try 110F on for size it is that here in the fabulous SW.
    But it's a dry heat.

I know even that doesn't save you at 110 but the sweat evaporates faster.

I have only experienced Basel in wintertime at 2 am waiting for a 4 am train..
    Not as hot as 30 maybe -3 C.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    What is it with u people?

"It's cold to wear bikinis in winter". "It's too hot to wear wigs and padding in summer". Why don't we have any of those issues here?

Hasn't anyone heard of airplanes? They'll take u to the climate of your choice any time u like!

Oh! I've got a question for u: What's "humidity"?
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Try 35 degrees in Andalucia
    If you always do what you always did, you'll always get what you always got!

Platinum Member
    Hi Christine, No one ever said that being a lady was going to be easy.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Girl from the Eagles Nest reb.femme's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Amanda M View Post
    Try 35 degrees in Andalucia
    If only I could be in Seville now!

Oh and Sherry, humidity = sweaty me....yuk!

Reb
    Flying high under the spell of life!

http://www.rebsweb.co.uk

I agree! too hot, put on bikini and tan and hang out outside....

melissa

Now I have this going through my head:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4CYjE9Gv3A4
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

I guess it's what climate you are used to. In summer in South Australia we have many days above 35C & even hit 45C last summer. Way too hot for a wig & no energy for anything, never mind dressing. On the other hand, we consider 15C as cold !
    I much prefer winter clothes anyway.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by reb.femme View Post
    If only I could be in Seville now!

Oh and Sherry, humidity = sweaty me....yuk!

Reb
    I'm confused, Reb. We were in London last year at this time and it was cool?
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Gold Member
    This is why it is more practical to dress down. Sure being all dolled up may be fun but not often does the weather permit for it.
    It takes a true Erin to be a pain in the assatar.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Yep dress for the weather wherever you are..
    Laying out in a bikini is about as good as it gets!!!

In respect to this thread, today I'm wearing a pair of cute paper-bag waist shorts, a pretty light green V-neck T-shirt and Candies flip-flops. Nice and cool!
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]