Thread: a warm weather observation

a warm weather observation

i've been reading many threads about how excited lots of our members are getting, now that the weather is getting warmer. seeing pictures of the bathing suites, shorts and summer clothes, make me see just how many beautiful girls with beautiful shapes and figures we have. you all look spectacular in your summer clothes and swim suites. but now, i finally realize that i am not a warm weather girl... i just can't pull it off

oh, to be young again and have that youthful look and slim figure sure would help.
    being in my 50's now, 5' 7" 175 #'s with kinda a fireplug shape reminds me that i'm a colder weather girl. much easier for me to wear layers and cover certain things up and thus being somewhat passable...but i just can't pull it off in the warmer weather. way too many imperfections that i can not hide...

big shoulders and forearms from being a catcher in baseball, linebacker in football and defensemen in hockey has come back to haunt me.

so for those of you that can pull it off, enjoy it and have fun
    and i will just wait for september...
    paula

I'm with you Paula, Though I don't feel I can't present well during the summer, I just prefer the cooler months. It makes dressing that much easier and more pleasurable for me personally.
    Flip Flops were made for Beaches & Bath Houses, We have neither in 2017. Lose the flip flops!

i prefer cooler weather just in general. like low to mid 70's, as it's good for any outfit really. As far as big shoulders and forearms, you can lose muscle bulk if you want, just look up how to on google. I've been doing it through a small calorie deficit, less protein, and lots of running. although i do seem to struggle moving heavier stuff at my job now >.< but at least it's working. haha

I just simply love colder weather. Its where I feel most at home. I do like being able to wear skirts though which is nice in warmer weather. Its a difficult fashion choice for me lol.

Passing aside.... I crossdress.... not crossundress.....
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

boy revision 2.oh Lisa Jeffreys's Avatar
    Big flowing. loose peasant top blouses. Light cotton cape type shirt. Lot's of options made for the GGs who look like fire plugs too. It's going to be mid eigties on my next free weekend and I am hitting the mall in girl shorts, a slub top with camisole under it and will be showing off my recently practiced makeup skills. Warm weather nothing. If I waited for the cooler weather down here in South Carolina I'd miss out on everything until after Thanksgiving.

Can't let that happen.

Lisa

Good time to visit Australia, nice and cold now.

The funny thing is that if you lived in a place where it was colder year round, the average person male or female pretty much wears drab clothes. I know when I lived in the northern California mountains most women wore jeans and flannels just like most of the guys. Its a different mentality for folks in the mountains and fashion doesnt rank very high on the list. Though that is high mountains. I remember when I lived there, we had our 4th of July fireworks show cancelled due to a snow storm. No fancy dresses or skirts there, thats for sure.

When I was young I looked forward to seeing the spring catalogs.
    Winter ones held no interest.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    I think winter gear can look very sexy! Like Bev's heavy coat. U just need to be naked under it! We do that here in winter or summer.

But, I'll tell u; those 4 petty coats, tite poly dress, silicone neck cover, and corset I was wearing today felt hot. Even tho a strong breeze kept blowing my hats off and messing up my wigs!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

I much prefer the winter months, and it never snows here so temps not that bad, I get hot too quickly, and summer dressing is a nightmare for me, sticky and sweaty don't me me happy...
    As long as the rain and wind has disappeared, im as happy as can be.

I'm not crazy about summers here in Florida. Too hot for hold-ups ( I really like the feel of the sheer, stretchy material on my legs), and as far as makeup, forget it, unless you want a river of color running down your cheeks. Nov, Dec, Jan, and Feb are my happiest months.

Bobbi

American women are getting bigger thanks to caloric intake and less physical activity.Stores are full of Summer fashions for "this new body". It doesn't have to be a "mumu from Omar the tentmaker" in order to make you blendable in the mainstream. Make sure you are hairfree,smear on some selftan on the light spots or use cheap foundation,and get out there.Summer jewelry is plastic and cheap and your forearms should never hold a person back. Self confidence from being comfortable in your own skin is the key to going and doing what you want.Life is way too short to not do it! And Bobbi G,I can keep makeup on you no matter what the temp..just gotta ask nicely! lol
    It SURE is my hair ! I have the receipt and the box it came in !

Hi,

Paula .

Come over here we have rain & snow on our hills now down to low levels , iv been out around to my friends for a cupper. While walking around i had another friend i know stop & ask if i needed a lift, i said thank you no im just out for a walk about. so was in my skirt & jacket a woole hat gloves & my army boots on .
    so we really do have winter now .

...noeleena...

Just piping in with my two cents. I fall on the polar opposite side of the physical spectrum. 5'9", 135 pounds or so with widish shoulders for my size. The classic triangle I guess. Dressing for me can always be a struggle no matter the weather. being a size 12-14 on top and a size 3 on the bottom can be a pain. But, we must make due with what we were given.
    No matter the season, I am relegated to styles that accentuate the bottom and somewhat minimize the top. Summer is a bit easier for me personally but not that much.

No crop tops or bikinis for this old girl! Muffin tops just aren't very attractive.

I enjoy the warm weather and some outdoor activities (beach, boats,pool, etc.,), but it does severely limit dressing opportunities if you're going out in public. I think for the vast majority of us, "passing" requires covering up a lot of skin.

You have to either take what comes your way or do something about it. Moving to a colder climate would work. I hear Seattle, WA stays pretty cool all year.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda

I like summery clothes, but I agree that it's much easier in cooler weather to hide body hair and wear clothes with more structure. Living in Canada, I have plenty of cooler weather to work with.

Quote Originally Posted by Lisa Jeffreys View Post
    Big flowing. loose peasant top blouses. Light cotton cape type shirt. Lot's of options made for the GGs who look like fire plugs too.
    Lisa
    Add long summery skirts and sandals. There are downsides on hot humid days .. sweaty breast forms, too-warm wigs, and perspiration in general. I wonder if we sweat differently from GG's ....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Proud member of the Lacey Leigh Fan Club

No way can I get away wearing a bathing suit. Not with this body, lol! The best I can do is wear a pretty sundress and strappy sandals.
    -Audrey

Gold Member
    Most people don't look as good in summer clothes when they start to age. Gender doesn't matter.
    At least for genetic males, we don;t have to worry about cellulite. My sister is a bit over 50 and complains about having it on her legs even though her shape looks closer to a 21 year old woman.
    It takes a true Erin to be a pain in the assatar.

I do like the summer although I'm much farther from the ocean than I would like. It did occur to us the other day that winter months are friendlier to dressing up. In summer months its all about flesh showing. *looks in the mirror* don't nobody want to see that in a bikini or midriff top.
    A person should wear what he likes to. And not just what other folks say. A person should be who she likes to. A person's a person that way!
    ~Marlo Thomas~