Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sent home

Quote Originally Posted by dawn03 View Post
    Really? I guess it depends on where you live. I don't believe it was ever illegal in Canada (where I live.)
    Yeah, many cities in the US had municipal codes prohibiting wearing clothing of the opposite gender (passed between the 1800's and early 1900's). In fact police acting under those laws were what sparked the Stonewall Riots.

Not sure about Canada, but my guess is that even if it wasn't specifically codified it's likely that crossdressing would have been considered under "gross indecency" or similar laws that were also used to prosecute homosexuals. But maybe Canada wasn't nearly as close-minded as the US (wouldn't shock me!).

When anyone starts telling me I need to conform to their ideologies I become a 2 year old..."why?" and when they answer "why?" and then "why? Hopefully they will suddenly realize that what they are saying does not make sense...if they don't..."why???"
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

Quote Originally Posted by boink View Post
    Not sure about Canada, but my guess is that even if it wasn't specifically codified it's likely that crossdressing would have been considered under "gross indecency" or similar laws that were also used to prosecute homosexuals.
    Possibly, though Wikipedia shows that "indecent acts" have to meet a pretty high bar in Canada.

Quote Originally Posted by dawn03 View Post
    Possibly, though Wikipedia shows that "indecent acts" have to meet a pretty high bar in Canada.
    Oh yeah, I'm positive that both the in US and Canada now no one could be prosecuted specifically for crossdressing, even in parts of the US where gender identity/expression isn't a protected category. Historically I have no idea how things would've been treated, though it wouldn't shock me if the standards were different in Canada (which has been traditionally a little more progressive).

Globally it's a different story.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorileah View Post
    When anyone starts telling me I need to conform to their ideologies I become a 2 year old..."why?" and when they answer "why?" and then "why? Hopefully they will suddenly realize that what they are saying does not make sense...if they don't..."why???"
    That might work with some people, but probably not with an experienced boss. Remember, this was not an even playing field.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda

<quote>Yeah, many cities in the US had municipal codes prohibiting wearing clothing of the opposite gender (passed between the 1800's and early 1900's).</quote>

I remember hearing a story set around the start of the 20th century (either shortly before or after 1900) in which someone on a beach was ticketed for indecent exposure because they had chosen to go "topless" as they had done in Europe on the Riviera and along the Mediterranean. Pretty much the issuing cop just wanted the guy to put his swim shirt back on.

<Quote>She was talking about how men should only wear mens clothes if they are born as men.
    That was just the tip of the ice berg dear sisters.
    She claims it should be illegal for men to go into any business wearing any article of women's clothing. </Quote>

And my childish tongue would have shot back something along the lines of "I will, if you will" and then point to how Women's attire has morphed so much in the last 150 years, while men's clothing has kind of stalled.

<quote>I wonder how often she wears jeans? </quote> - Touchè

Either that or perhaps shown up in a kilt (saw a shirt recently that reported that "it's only a skirt if you wear something under your kilt").

Society Fears change, anything outside of it's nice & neat parameters is considered different, strange, unusual, and many other words found in the thesaurus under different.

I personally love to see the shocked expression on those around me when I'm out dressed. I've caught males (people I know) checking me out until they realize who it is, then they just shudder.

In my own opinion I think that those males that are the most homophobic are the ones that find out they were just checking out another male for sexual activities.
    As for the GG's that feel men should wear only men's clothing I think they might be jealous of how good a CD can look compared to them or are homophobic in the regard that they don't want to think they might be attracted to another "Female", even though it's a male in "disguise."

*sigh*

<quote>When will society ever grow up? Daviolin </quote>

Regretfully not until it is forced too..

You should of told her as soon as women quit wearing mens clothes then you'd quit wearing womens clothes.