Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: eBay Seller's reaction to Wedding Dress

eBay Seller's reaction to Wedding Dress

I found a wedding dress on eBay in a size that looked like it would fit and at a price I could justify, so I bought it.

I have my eBay purchaces shipped to my PO Box in my real (male) name.

Here's part of the exchange with the seller:

Me: Can you confirm item is shipped or inform me when it will be shipped. Thanks.

Seller: hi, I emailed you this morning. it is packed and going out first thing tomorrow morning. I waited for a box for it. thank you. enjoy

seller: hi, I shipped out first thing this morning. I also enclosed a brand new veil that I had and thought you would like.

me: Thank you so much for the veil. I'll keep you posted when I do get to the PO later this week.

seller: I am glad I gave the veil to you. Good luck with it. It is brand new.

So, it's pretty obvious she's figured out my secret and it way cool about it.

Now to try on that wedding dress.
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

well if you shipped it to your drab self and paid for it using your drab pay pal or credit card, you don't need to be an Eisenstein to figure it out lol Most ebay sellers are looking to just unload their stuff and they don't care who is buying it. I never understood those that do though....it's a funny world sometimes. I use my So's account

I am glad that everything went smooth for you , you got a freebie in the deal, and I hope you are very happy with your purchase! maybe we'll get some pics?
    Flip Flops were made for Beaches & Bath Houses, We have neither in 2017. Lose the flip flops!

I've had several eBay sellers discreetly ask over the years whether my purchases were for me and, without exception, when I told them "yes," they went out of their way to reassure me they were completely open to the idea and would like to sell me more stuff. Online shopping is a real boon to closeted folks and I'd suspect many sellers do a significant part of their business with CDs, especialy if they deal much in larger sizes. It would only be good business sense to be supportive of our community, and I'd think a seller who wasn't would quickly regret it.

- Diane

a june wedding perhaps??? lol
    paula

Just a touch of class Lynn Marie's Avatar
    Actually it would be a lot more remarkable if the seller showed any reluctance or surprise at an obvious male buying an item normally worn by women. Think about it, women buy clothes for their husbands and boy children all the time. It only seems strange because of the extraordinary fear American males have of being thought of as gay!

Silver Member
    She might have assumed you were buying it because you were going to be married (and it was for your wife), or that perhaps you had a thing for wedding dresses and planned to put your wife in it.

I've had a few 'sellers' act unfriendly after they sorta' figure out that a guy just bought their skirt/dress..
    Most leave a thank you note in the package, or wrap it neatly...
    A few have just balled it up and never left feedback.. Guessing they can't picture having a guy wearing their cute ex-mini skirt..
    Personally, I LOVE it...
    "If it feels good.. - Wear it"!

As a ebay seller I really don't care who buys my things as long as they keep bidding things up. Of course being a CD myself I guess that would be my bias.
    I'm surprised how well we do with some of the larger sizes especially shoes 10+. Therefore there are a lot of women out there with large feet or I am getting some of the members here.

Well the selers are professional or they would be professional - it is nice story you told us. But I have one idea - may be seller is CD too. I know one man which is seling lot of lingerie (for woman) on line and he is CD and he told me that he will know which is bra for man by wolume of pectoral and bra basket are small with push up or with napkins.
    I don't wont to hurt anybody. I just wont to enjoy a life.

I don't the seller gives a hoot who buys it. They're just happy they made the sale.
    I think we put too much in our own heads about what other people think.

Quote Originally Posted by NathalieX66 View Post
    I think we put too much in our own heads about what other people think.
    I agree with it.
    I don't wont to hurt anybody. I just wont to enjoy a life.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    When I sell something, I don't care if the Buyer wears it, covers it with ketchup, burns it to the ground, or donates it to the Elvis Costello foundation. I simply take the money and buy things for Sherry!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Which is exactly how I feel, but I do package well, and leave a note with every purchase.. no matter what!
    "If it feels good.. - Wear it"!

I never bother to read anything into who buys or sells what If I bid and get it it's mine.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

I agree with the comments that almost all E Bay sellers just want to sell and be paid promptly. I have had some lovely notes from E Bay sellers who may well understand that the item is for a crossdresser but I'm sure that they do not care a hoot. Along a similar vein, I get the same disinterested reaction when stocking up on new panties or thigh high stockings or being in drab and finding a lovely blouse or skirt and taking it to the SA. I have always been treated politely and I am polite and pleasant in return.

Lady in Being (7/20/17) AmyGaleRT's Avatar
    I once bought a pair of shoes from an eBay seller (one among several), and my eBay account is in my male name to match my PayPal account info. The seller offered to hold onto the package for me if I were going to bid on another pair she was selling in the same size, so if I won those, she could ship them both at once and save on shipping costs. I thanked her and told her I was done for now (which I was). She didn't seem to care why I was buying the shoes.

- Amy
    Amy Gale Ruth Bowersox (nee Tapie) - "Be who you are, and be it in style!"
    Member, Board of Trustees, Gender Identity Center of Colorado
    aka Amelia Storm - Ms. Majestic Hearts of All Colorado 2018-2019, Miss Majestic Hearts of All Colorado 2015-2016

terrapin station, you need to guess a little bit
    if you really wanted to flip her out i suppose you could email her a picture of yourself in the wedding dress, but hey maybe that is too much....

I have sold women's stuff that i knew was going to a CD (size 14WW pumps for instance - hey maybe you're on here too!) but i think for the most part once the money has been paid the seller doesn't really care what happens with the item

I use my male name every time I buy and sell on Ebay. Not all, but plenty female sellers have written me personal notes, addressed to my male name, stuffed inside the package. They always comment about the nice transaction and hope it fits, etc.

Banned Read only
    i tell e bay sellers all the time, these items are for me, i enjoy cross dressing. i even have a pic of me as Jen on my eBay account. also, i tell the sellers that interact and are really cool, as mentioned in conversation if she wants to know why, I simply say, im attracted to women's shoes and i prefer gently used and clothes as i feel im having some sort of connection with that person, this can be spiritual as well

Silver Member
    As a seller as well as a buyer, I am a big on the "pay promptly" thing (what is it with people who win auctions and don't pay right away and take a week to even reply?) I sell trans related items, so I know who they are for.

It is interesting that some sellers include a thank-you note in the package. I just put a copy of the receipt in the package, as a sort of reminder to the buyer to leave feedback, and to have something in there with their address (in case the shipping label is torn off or obliterated during shipping.)

Well, I finally got to the post office and had a chance to open the package and try on the wedding gown.

And I couldn't be happier.

First of all, it fits. I think if it were for real, I probably wouldn't even need any alterations unless I used a bridal corset or girdle to improve my figure.

Second, it's beautiful. It is satin, with tulle skirting to make the skirt puff out. It's long sleave, with puff shoulders. The bodice is heavily beaded with "pearls" and it has a large bow in back. It has a high neck line and it has see-thru netting from just above the bust to the neck line. It has a zippered back with a row of about 2 dozen buttons above that. It has a 6 foot train.

The free veil that I got is actually NWT, and it's about 8 feet long. I was expecting a shoulder length veil.

The only only thing it doesn't come with is a maid of honor to zip me in and do up the buttons. I think I can come up with some kind of contraption to do the zipper, but the buttons will be just about impossible. Sigh. I wish I had a friend to play dress-up with.

BTW, I have no concern about hiding who I'm buying for from eBay sellers. It was just nice to get a ittle note of acknowledgement for my girl side.

I was a little concerned by this seller, because most of the items for sale were vintage T-bird parts. I guess the missus shares the accont with the part seller.
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

I'm sure like many couples, I have an ebay account but my wife dosen't. Anything she wants gets purchased through my account. Although when I order size 14 shoes I think they know they're for me. Otherwise my skirt/pant size or dress/top size isn't obviously for a CD. Although I do try to find things in talls.

Banned Read only
    I would like a wedding dress just to play with

Make sure you post a picture of you wearing the dress.

Talking Some just know...

There's one ebay seller that guessed pretty quick... then I read her "ME" page.

http://tinyurl.com/kxu7fyn

She gets it.