Thread: Finally went out

Just being true to myself Jolene Robertson's Avatar

Finally went out

Well I finally went out as Jolene! Two days while up north this last week. And the world did not end!
    I couldn’t believe how liberating it was, middle of the day and no backup clothes. The wife was visiting some relatives (if she had been with me someone might have recognized her).
    The first trip was quite short just a quick stop by an oriental cosmetics store and got some nail polish remover since I forgot to pack some, and then a stop at TJ Max to look around. I have to admit I was nervous when I had to interact with others as my female voice is not too good but all went well. The second time was another day and I stopped at a Catherine’s and the lady there said “you look pretty small, I don’t think we have anything that will fit you” (I didn’t know it was a “full figured ladies shop” but she was wrong though I bought a great pair of sun glasses.
    Stopped and watched the local semi pro baseball game and walked around the park. Just another pretty face in the crowd, that’s how I felt (it’s my story after all).
    Believe me if I can do it anyone can.
    Any way just thought I’d share, didn’t get any pictures but I will have the wife take some of me in the outfits I wore and post them later.

Good for you!!

I had my first shopping experience, dressed, yesterday. Yes, it was liberating and the world didn't stop!

I am also glad your wife is accepting, at least much more than my wife.
    When writing the next chapter in your life, start with a pencil and eraser - my first page as Miki is full of eraser marks.

Just a touch of class Lynn Marie's Avatar
    Congratulations Jolene. Your statement of "And the world did not end" is pretty typical of first timers out the door. And, yes, it is most liberating and exhilarating. Thanks for sharing.

I second all of the above emotions!

Nice! And, agree, the easiest way to get clocked is to be with your wife in an area where people might know you or her. Hugs, Michelle

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Glad you had a great time Jolene @ yes the world still turns.LOL
    One of my first times out enfemme was the flea Market east of Knoxville on 40 where you turn to go towards Sevierville.
    I met a CD from a guitar site I frequent and bought a guitar from her.It was her first time out enfemme.
    We had a great time shopping for purses and girly stuff.
    Nobody gave us a second look and we had a wonderful day.

It's a great feeling to get out of the house as a female (on the outside at least). It's the best way to test your skills.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda

Congratulations Jolene! I'm thrilled everything went so well for you.

-Bree

Congratulations! Very inspirational story and a great help to me.

Platinum Member
    Going out of town, traveling, shopping and sight seeing without a net is a remarkable feeling, particularly the first time out. I do agree with the term liberating, because we are setting free that captive part of ourselves.

Welcome to the day walkers club. ... Being out and about is a blast. Besides that closet gets way too stuffy.

Fair warning though, the more you get out the more you want to get out. The first few times, it feels like time stands still. Walking from the car to the store seems like it takes forever. Eventually, the butterflies start to go away and then time speeds up. Before you know it, you'll be just out doing errands and shopping with the rest of 'em...

Most girls will say that it didn't happen unless you have a pic. But I believe you. ... really. :-)

Thanks for sharing... and hope you get out and about again...

Renne....

Onya! Jolene,
    Yes anyone can, just learn to present correctly and away you go.
    Don't get in any ones face and all is good.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Congrats Jolene! It's got to be such a great feeling finally able to be the real you in public. I've really got to do it someday.