Thread: A new take on 'getting caught'.

A new take on 'getting caught'.

I was home alone on Saturday, so took the opportunity to get dressed. I was enjoying my new outfit, a black blouse, black and white patterned cotton skirt with a flare at the hem, and all the accessories (stockings, black heels, earrings, necklace, matching bra and panties with breast forms, etc) when I heard my wife's car pulling into the garage.

Panicked, I kicked off the skirt and pulled the blouse off over my head. I had only a few seconds to change before she would be walking into the kitchen! I tossed the clothes into a downstairs closet, and quickly pulled on some different clothes, the closest thing I could find.

The only thing I was trying to HIDE from her was the fact that I'd bought a new outfit the day before. When she walked in a few seconds later, I had pulled the knee-length sundress on, and changed the black heels for a pair of tan sandals. If she'd looked closely she would have known something was up, since I still had sheer pantyhose on and was wearing a black bra under a yellow sundress.

I'd avoided the worst. She hadn't caught me with my new purchases.
    In a society in which it is a moral offense to be different from your neighbor your only escape is never to let them find out.
    -- Robert Heinlein

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    A quick change artist LOL.

Ha! I can relate. "Is this new?" asks my wife. "No, I've had that for ages." "Oh, OK."

She gets a bit annoyed because I spend more on women's clothes than on men's... I'm really oblivious to fashion in male mode.

Same reaction here. That is why when I get new things I need to reveal them slowly.

For my male side, all I really have a half dozen pair of black dress pants and a dozen button down shirts for work. The only time I go shopping for that stuff is when she tells me that the pants are starting to look a bit ragged and need to be replaced. It just isn't any FUN shopping for that stuff.
    In a society in which it is a moral offense to be different from your neighbor your only escape is never to let them find out.
    -- Robert Heinlein

Quote Originally Posted by dawn03 View Post
    She gets a bit annoyed because I spend more on women's clothes than on men's...
    I haven't bought a piece of male clothing since Miki came out. I don't dare let the wife see my credit card.
    When writing the next chapter in your life, start with a pencil and eraser - my first page as Miki is full of eraser marks.

You know everytime my wife goes out shopping she comes home and says, I splurged and
    bought something for me today. So when I get something for Raychel. It is just my turn.
    Oh Well.......
    my sister's reply when I told her how I prefer to dress

"Everyone has there thing, all that matters is that you are happy, love what you do and who you do it with"

Just a touch of class Lynn Marie's Avatar
    Sounds exactly like my hobbies and me hiding new purchases from my wife. LOL I'm unattached now and self regulate! Happily, I'm also much more conservative also. My ex would have been proud at how little I spend on my hobbies now. As for my obsessions, that's different! Not really, I keep things down to a mild roar in my CDing also.

Mostly, I shop with my wife so there are no surprises. Not so with Internet ourchases such as a wig, forms, and padded panties. Most of our income is from my retirement and investments so we don't question each other's purchases. At least the cost.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda

Platinum Member
    You know she'll eventually figure out that you're hiding something g

Wow, that's a near miss for serious trouble there. Unauthorised shopping can get you grounded, or worse!
    Learning to be me - the best me I can be

I learned how to be a quick change artist from doing fashion shows.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Ha! I can relate. "Is this new?" asks my wife. "No, I've had that for ages." "Oh, OK."

She gets a bit annoyed because I spend more on women's clothes than on men's... I'm really oblivious to fashion in male mode.
    Hahaha....i used to ask my wife that all the time and thats the answer she always gave me! I eventually stopped asking though because i knew the truth and knew it was just one more outfit she was never gonna wear thst would eventually be mine to wear lol. Like this black cocktail dress i have on now....its been in the closet for almost two years and still has the tags on it. It doesnt even fit her, so i took it as my own lol.

I have a personal rule. If in the last 10 years i have not seen you wear something or it has not fit you in the last two years, it defaults to being mine lol. Ive even told her, i dont wear anything of yours that you wear or fits you. She seems to not like the fact that i CAN wear smaller stuff that she cant and claims she will again some day, but i always blow it off by saying, whenever you get to that point, just buy yourself some new clothes...thst of course makes her happy and me happy.

Banned Read only
    So your wife knows you cross dress but you still want to lie about buying clothes? It's a slippery slope when you lie. So she will find out and then what? Lie about it? Admit it? Either way you lose. Better to come clean and live in trust. She deserves that

My wife does that with chocolates... but, it might be because I eat them.
    Chickie

Quote Originally Posted by Cristi View Post
    The only thing I was trying to HIDE from her was the fact that I'd bought a new outfit the day before.

I've spoken to many GGs over the years and the ONE worst thing you can do is to continue to lie even after she knows about the CDing. Small lies lead wives to wonder if you are withholding larger truths, and they slowly erode the trust between a couple.

Is this how you want to live in your marriage? You need to decide on a budget with your wife for clothes shopping, and then stick to it.

This happens in my relationship as well. I also say, "Oh, OK" since there is nothing more to say, really. But privately if I don't recognize the outfit, I'll wonder if there was an attempt to mitigate new purchases and this sets off a whole chain of thoughts, such as, "Why would he lie, is he trying to avoid a confrontation and why does he think there would be one, are the clothes more important than I think they are, are they more important than me (else why the lies), why is he buying so much, etc"

These little nagging thoughts are in the back of any wife's mind even if she doesn't say them out loud and these are the things that slowly erode trust in a marriage. After years of this, if an issue comes up a wife is less likely to be cooperative since the erosion of trust will have caused a degree of distancing. And I wouldn't blame her. No one likes to be lied to and no one likes to be treated like a child.
    Last edited by ReineD; 06-26-2013 at 10:22 AM.
    Reine

I do most of my shopping with my SO, there are no new surprises there. Usually if I buy something for myself, I buy something for her. It is very seldom that we shop alone but if we do, we play show and tell later I just bought a new wig which arrived two days ago and she asked when did you get that? I said remember about a week ago I showed you it online, ask what you thought and if I should buy it? She said oh I forgot about it and laughed. lol

I agree that if your out to your SO, there is no need to continue with the deception. Just stop being selfish and buy her something too
    Flip Flops were made for Beaches & Bath Houses, We have neither in 2017. Lose the flip flops!

I always shop with the wife and after she has selected a few Items and we're on the way to check out she asks "did you see anything you like?" - just her way of sharing spending guilt - and usually benifits me .................Debra

Quote Originally Posted by ReineD View Post
    These little nagging thoughts are in the back of any wife's mind even if she doesn't say them out loud and these are the things that slowly erode trust in a marriage.
    Absolutely. And let me clarify, I only say "I've had this for ages" if it's actually true. If it is something new, I admit it. The good thing is that my wife and I have very similar attitudes towards money and spending. She knows I won't go crazy spending on things I want and vice-versa.