Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What's the deal with the Transexuals???

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by nolafeet View Post
    ..Often forcing hormones as the solution and trying nicely to say without the hormones "you'll never be a real woman" or understand women ....

Thoughts?
    Really?! Perhaps you found the rare individual who felt that way rather than assuming all are that way.

Those taking hormones have an entirely different goal in life, unlike us they are not into make believe but are playing the game for keeps.
    When they have been there, they have also done that.
    I helped a couple transition many years ago and it was a tide of mood swings and arguments.
    We also were good friends as we supported each other during good times and bad.
    I used to drop the occasional comment in the other forums here but because I am seen as a cross dresser my opinion does not carry much weight with those that do not know me.
    I avoid making comment these days unless it is something I intimately experienced years ago and have good knowledge about.
    Even then I am shouted down, so I keep silent.
    Remember when communicating with others they probably have a totally different agenda and are thinking on a "different level" than you.
    Probably yours, and I know my problems are miniscule to what some of those women are going through.
    Hormones playing with their mind, family relationships, a change of environment.... man to woman outlook here.
    So some will be very off hand an say the things that you have heard.
    I hope I did answer the question.Often with good cause.
    Be like me and enjoy being a part time girl and if you are accepted as a friend in the transsexual community, consider it a privilege and "listen" to what they say.

I am sure there would have been a lot of different replies here if everyone had replied to the original post instead of going off on tangents.
    I just read through the other posts.
    Last edited by Beverley Sims; 06-25-2013 at 10:49 PM. Reason: Last paragraph
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Has there even been that much "no true tranny" type stuff nowadays?
    All I've seen is TS members telling people to follow the proper procedures for acquiring HRT.

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Annette Todd View Post
    No. It's the intolerant, holier than thou, close minded attitudes of some. Not pointing any fingers whowhatwhen.
    spot on observation.

Quote Originally Posted by whowhatwhen View Post
    All I've seen is TS members telling people to follow the proper procedures for acquiring HRT.
    Exactly. Hormone usage needs to be monitored or they can be dangerous. We try to protect people from themselves. The WPATH guidelines need to be followed for safety sake. Some people think it's all fun and games to try to make themselves look more girlie using hormones. It's sending out the wrong message and dangerous and that's the bottom line.

This thread was going okay but the usual suspects are probably going to manage to get a locked thread again.

What/who are they being intolerant of?
    I mean, there are girls who may never develop any significant superficial changes from HRT and I think members can be a little curt when trying to get that message out.

Nonetheless it's a valuable message.

yikes ... how did this turn into a mess about hormones? (point proven?... lol joking )

First: I did not mean all, by no means, simply a majority.
    2. not that I think it matters, all my experience with my opinion is from in person

maybe my definition used solely for the benefit of helping this dialogue was not the best. My apologies.

My point is that "Transexuals" due to wanting to be completely opposite, and "passing" and being "clocked" TO ME tend to be judgmental of me for my bending of gender and not being binary about gender.

I will try to explain more clearly in the am.
    Mandi Li

Quote Originally Posted by nolafeet View Post
    yikes ... how did this turn into a mess about hormones? (point proven?... lol joking )

First: I did not mean all, by no means, simply a majority.
    2. not that I think it matters, all my experience with my opinion is from in person

maybe my definition used solely for the benefit of helping this dialogue was not the best. My apologies.

My point is that "Transexuals" due to wanting to be completely opposite, and "passing" and being "clocked" TO ME tend to be judgmental of me for my bending of gender and not being binary about gender.

I will try to explain more clearly in the am.
    I've heard this a few times from various people, but I think the vast majority of TS are not like this (much like the vast majority of gays and lesbians aren't transphobic even though some are). Transsexuals are our brothers and sisters and we should all be supporting each other rather than dragging whole groups of people down because of how some of them are
    Bi-Gendered, Goth/Metal Fan, Atheist, Artist and British

If you think of gender dysphoria compared to other medical conditions, there is a tremendous amount of social stigma, and fear of the procedures themselves, that scare people away from seeking treatment. Survivors of a condition naturally want to spread awareness and help others who are suffering obtain treatment. But I also think that nowadays most who are trans will have the crossdressing path eventually lead them to transitioning, so I see no need to directly badger CDs to start escalating their cross gender feelings.

I don't think any TS has ever badgered a CD to escalate. That's like that rumour (outright lie) about 'drug pushers' in the sixties trying to create new addicts, or Anita Bryants claim that gays recruit young men.

Quote Originally Posted by steftoday View Post
    This thread seemed to have started out in a rather inflammatory way. Like Kelly states, it can degrade or be an interesting dialog. I hope it proves to be the latter.
    I agree and since it seems to be a "flaming" thread....I think it will go bye bye
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,