Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is honesty really welcome here?

Just a touch of class Lynn Marie's Avatar
    Actually, I feel that some of the stuff that comes up on this forum and others also is pretty much insulting to what little intelligence I possess. Lousy headless pictures, poorly written and uncorrected posts, no caps or punctuation, and absolutely inane posts are insulting to me. They deserve the truth. You want a friend, get a dog.

I try to ignore stuff I'm ignorant about, and getting involved in marriage disputes. Hell, I consider DADT a marriage dispute!

I hope honesty is welcome, otherwise what is the point of being here. Likewise, if someone asks for criticism, then they have to deal with what comes up! Sometimes helps to sweeten the pill a bit though.

I do cringe at the "Awwwww Hun you look awsome!" replies to some photo posts though. Especially when there is beard shadow or leg hair evident....
    If you always do what you always did, you'll always get what you always got!

Quote Originally Posted by Amanda M View Post
    I do cringe at the "Awwwww Hun you look awsome!" replies to some photo posts though. Especially when there is beard shadow or leg hair evident....
    I agree, when i post a pic i want people to tell me if the facial hair is showing or if i have on too much makeup, or bronzer isnt right. I dont really need people to tell me I look great or whatever but thats mostly what I get unfortunatly. Are we not here to help each other look more passable, or are we just here to make each other feel good.
    "a little duct tape on the nipples is a small price to pay for beauty"

Honesty has to be taken into context. Each person may be honest about how they percieve the post that has been made.
    It can be a bit like asking what did you think of the local resturant. If you have a bad experience you will condemn the place. Others may love it have had a good time there, so its not always simple.

All we can do is give the best advice we can while being supportive. This is especially true if someone is about to go out for the first time. I am sure we all want them to have a good experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn Marie View Post
    Actually, I feel that some of the stuff that comes up on this forum and others also is pretty much insulting to what little intelligence I possess. Lousy headless pictures, poorly written and uncorrected posts, no caps or punctuation, and absolutely inane posts are insulting to me. They deserve the truth. You want a friend, get a dog.

I try to ignore stuff I'm ignorant about, and getting involved in marriage disputes. Hell, I consider DADT a marriage dispute!
    Comments on language. I am only replying here so to make others aware of this issue.

I am sure everyone writes to the best of their ability looking for advice

No one here should ever be critisied for poor grammar, spelling or puncutation.

This is a Support Forum not a writing competition
    Shelly

Super Moderator....How to tell your partner......Abbreviations

Untitled
    To put the record straight.

Normally moderating decisions are not discussed in an open forum, however...

The deletion of your post had nothing to do with being honest. The reason it was deleted was because you failed to welcome a member in their introduction thread. That was RUDE and it is within the sticky in introductions that posts that fail to welcome a member will be deleted. Had you welcomed the new member, your post would have been left. If you want to stir the pot, make sure you put all the facts in, not what you choose.
    Listen carefully to what is said, quite often you can hear what is not being said

The joy of correcting a mistake can bring pain to another

Untitled
    I make an apology, the reason I have given for the deletion of Jennifer's post was incorrect, it was not a deletion for failing to welcome a new member.

However, this thread stays closed as the reasons for this thread is still to stir the post because she was moderated and didn't like it.
    Listen carefully to what is said, quite often you can hear what is not being said

The joy of correcting a mistake can bring pain to another