Thread: Jealous

Unhappy Jealous

So i was browsing though the pics/vid gallery and I must say that you all are starting to make me jealous! You all are so photogenic and all of you either have naturally longer hair, or wigs! I feel left out lol. Im too broke to buy a wig and refuse to get a cheap one. If Im going to get one, I want to do it right and buy a high quality one. For now though, i feel left out lol.

Silver Member
    Eva - Ebay. You can find inexpensive, decent quality wigs at very reasonable prices. Don't feel left out.

You could get a wig from eBay but why not let yours grow out naturally?
    Last edited by AllisontheGoddess; 06-26-2013 at 12:36 AM. Reason: how does i spell

Eva,
    Remember this is like a real girls world, the photos posted are by the brave and very beautiful.
    There are a lot more of us that do not make the cut these days and prefer not to post.
    I say good for you posting yourpictures and you would be forgiven for buying a cheap wig to experiment with.
    Better than buying an expensive and unsuitable wig first up.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Lady in Being (7/20/17) AmyGaleRT's Avatar
    Eva, I've been practicing quite a bit. My first photos I posted here weren't nearly as good as my recent ones! And for every photo you see posted, there are a whole bunch you don't see; I run the camera on a repeating 10-second timer and pick only the best images to post.

As for my hair, that's what comes of growing it out for a year or so. In guy mode, of course, I tie it back in a ponytail; fortunately, I work in a profession where ponytails are almost a cliche. And hairstyling doesn't come cheap anymore; the last "male" haircut I had at Great Clips was around $20, while getting my hair done en femme at a real salon was more like $140. (Worth every penny, though! It was the ultimate feminine experience. )

And I'm certainly not the best out there; I stand in awe of ladies like Mary Ann, Alexis, or Sarah, who look far more feminine than I ever will!

Still, I encourage you to keep working at it and build your own feminine image. Who knows, some day, you may make other girls jealous!

- Amy
    Amy Gale Ruth Bowersox (nee Tapie) - "Be who you are, and be it in style!"
    Member, Board of Trustees, Gender Identity Center of Colorado
    aka Amelia Storm - Ms. Majestic Hearts of All Colorado 2018-2019, Miss Majestic Hearts of All Colorado 2015-2016

Eva, out of many wigs that I have owned, I have had 3 wigs that were my all time favorites. The first 2 were fairly expensive wigs that were custom styled by a local beauty parlors. The latest was a $30 wig that I got off of Ebay recently. Just because it is less expensive that doesn't mean it won't make you happy and look good. Wigs are fun. Go for it. BTW, I do agree with your comment about all of the beautiful ladies on this site. They make me jealous, also.
    Whether you think you can, or you think you can't, you're right.

Your post makes me smile.

I'm in the same boat...drooling over long hair/wigs, wish I could have pics.

Luv doing girl stuff CherylFlint's Avatar
    The amount of money you spend on a wig does not necessarily mean it’s a good wig, or, better put, the right one for you.
    When I first started going out I used to wear 100% human hair wigs that cost $300 and up, but over the years I’ve learned a few things, tricks of the trade, if you will.
    100% human hair wigs does not mean it’s a “better” wig, all it means is that it’s made of human hair. That said, there are wigs made of synthetics that look just as real as the real ones, but cost a fraction of 100% hand-tied human hair wigs.
    The wig I am now wearing is $60 from Beauty Trends, but the secret is buy two so one is always “breathing”, and always store your wigs on a metal wig stand, never on foam, so air can circulate.
    The most damaging thing to a wig is cigarette smoke. A wig properly cared for should last a couple of years. I have some wigs that are over ten years old and I still wear them and they look as new.
    I never wash my own wigs when they need freshening up. I take them to a wig store that offer the service and it only costs about $20.00, a lot cheaper than buying a new wig.
    There is no reason why you can’t find a proper wig for less than $60. Often thrift stores and consignment store may have a wig that would be just right for you, you never know unless you get out there and look.
    Besides, we should all patronize thrift and consignment stores, you get some great things for little money. Can’t beat ‘em.
    Good luck!

Hi.

The reason you wont see many if any pics of myself strange as it maybe is because i never liked how i looked when young in fact hated any pics taken at all .
    even now im no different, & im female, my facial features are just too male, heres the twist i was interviewed for T V & papers of cause they had to take pics & the movie camara .

I dont have any hair nore wear a wig just much the same as in my avata no makeup. just wear my headwear of a scarve like a turbin, or similar & thats every where, i have very little confidence in how i look yet in fact im embarriessd around dreser's because they look so lovely,
    so do i feel left out in more ways than youll realise ,

So am i jealous, no not a bit, just dissapointed in myself i dont have any female look about my self, facial wise,

...noeleena...

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Plenty of nice wigs out for very little money go shop around.

My first wig was $400, it lasted a couple of years, my current one is 1 year old, been out 4 times more often than the other, still going strong, and cost $40NZD (approx. $30US). Love these cheap ones and hope to eventually have a few more of varying colours. I dress for my mood, not to pass
    See all my photos, read many stories of my outings and my early days at
    http://rachelsauckland.blogspot.co.nz

Quote Originally Posted by Krystalina View Post
    Your post makes me smile.

I'm in the same boat...drooling over long hair/wigs, wish I could have pics.
    Not having a wig isnt gonna keep me from posting pics, i just have a different viewpoint when doing it. For now, im just a dude in a dress...im ok with that though. Its all ive ever known so no biggy. Im even ok with going out in public with skirts on and heels looking like a guy. Being looked at differently is nothing new to me. Up until i was like 20, i had eyebrow and lip piercings, wore jinco pants with 40in legs....not 40in long, but around at the cuff. Like a skirt for each leg! Which is of course why i did it lol. I also wore other gothic style clothing so im used to the looks lol.
    Not to mention, i have gone to comic conventions where i had to ride public transit with fake blood all over me while carrying a cricket bat. Hahaha...boy did i get some looks!!! I'm used to it lol. Its almost fun now. I guess that's why it doesn't bother in the least about passing and just being me. I just am staring to like the long hair and wonder what would look like with it lol.

Platinum Member
    We are not all photogenic...some us, myself included, feel fortunate if we do not frighten small children and spook livestock. But with practice and the right props we can each improve our appearance. Don't worry about what you can do today...save up your money for a time when you can get a good quality wig. I'd recommend a wig salon where you can be fitted and guided by an expert, and try a variety of styles.

Ya, thats kind of what i was thinking when i mentioned wanting to do it right. My old coworkers mom manages a salon and they have a wig department. My friend keeps telling me she wants to take me there, but that doesnt really work out with my wife. They know each other and my wife doesnt like her being around me...nevermind the fact that my friend is a lesbian, but thats a whole other topic. Maybe one day ill make it in there and get fitted and get a good deal on a decent quality one...just not yet.

Buy a wig it'll change your life.
    "Girls will be boys ,boys will be girls its a mixed up world its a shook up world" {Kinks}

There are stores on ebay that sell new wigs which look quite good. Before I grew my hair out, I had a 50 dollar wig which looked pretty darn nice.

Hi,Eva. I have 2 wigs that I paid about $50.00 each for,and I love them both. You'll be amazed at how much prettier and feminine you'll feel with even an inexpensive wig.

Hi Eva, I have 3 wigs and none of them are expensive ones. The last 2 I bought from Amazon and they were super cheep. You will be amazed at the completeness of your transformation when you add the hair. When I'm putting on my makeup wearing a wig cap, I see a guy with makeup on. Add the hair and wow, suddenly there's the woman. You'll be amazed at the difference.
    Link to my flickr photostream:
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/kandybarr

The wig I'm wearing in my avatar photo is from http://www.paulayoung.com/ and cost about $60.00. They often have wigs on sale for a few dollars less than that.

Remember that wigs come in sizes and most males will probably need a large cap wig. http://www.paulayoung.com/ and other Internet vendors have these. Most ebay vendors will be selling standard, not large wigs. A wig that doesn't fit will hurt and not look right.

Having a female wig (or your own long hair) makes all the difference in the world in your presentation. Without it, you are just a "man in a dress".

BTW: A set of "boobs" would help your presentation and good ones make you feel like a woman. If money is a problem, search the Internet for advice on making them from pantyhose and birdseed or rice. They need some wight to look and feel right.
    Last edited by linda allen; 06-27-2013 at 09:29 AM.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda

Quote Originally Posted by Cheryl
    .................... The most damaging thing to a wig is cigarette smoke. ..............
    Nope, the most damaging thing to a wig is very high heat or an open flame such as when cooking and you open the oven door or lean over the stove with a burner on, especially a gas burner. Heat will melt the "hair" or possibly set it on fire.

Cigarette smoke is certainly not good for a wig (or anything else for that matter) so avoiding it when possible is good advice.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda

It's mostly mindset really Eva. We can have all of the equipment but if we are not really a "woman" at heart, it's harder to put it all together.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

you will be amazed the difference a good quality wig makes, I can't wait to see your pictures when you get one!! then I will be the jealous one :]