Thread: New to crossdressing (MtF) can someone guide me please

New to crossdressing (MtF) can someone guide me please

How can i start. what i learn from how to dress like a woman, do my makeup, walk on heels , know how to select what style fits me the best, how to act more feminine,how to "tuck my junk" how to get a more feminine shape, basic skin, body care and how to know what are my female clothing and shoes size

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Welcome to CD.com you have come to the right place, all the info you need is here.
    Do a search and you will find the info you need.

From looking at the site so far, the answers to all your questions are here somewhere...that and there are loads of great girls to ask!

Hi I've been dressing for a long time so I've gotta think back. I go out and about now without a second thought so I must be doing something right. Right think about your personal shape and size and how you need to change to look like a woman. First body hair, shave anywhere that a woman would arms, legs under arms etc. Also include backs of hands etc any where to be hair free other than your head and don't bother shaving round the private parts some do but I can't see the point. Shave the face then use something like dermablend to hide the 5 o'clock shadow. I'm sure you've seen women do their make up so you need to do the same but better as you've more to hide. Use a moisturizer then a foundation primer, then dermablend. Apply a foundation all over the face including under the chin. Then apply a translucent power such as Collection 2000 to "set" the foundation. Next a bit of colour. Apply a bit of blusher to the cheek bones whilst smiling. Don't go too mad less is more else you will look like a clown. Eyes - they are important as everyone looks at your eyes. Use an eye liner and apply along the edge of the skin under each eye and just above the eye lashes on each eye lid. Apply eye shadow to each eyelid and pencil in each eye brow. By now you should see quite a transformation. Hair you need as good a wig as you can afford cheap ones will be a certain give away. Most wig shops are very accommodating to dressers they are used to the occasional male customer and are very discreet you can even go in male mode. They will help you get the perfect one to feminize your head and face. Clothes - a case of trial and error. You need a pair of breast forms ebay is a good place to buy them don't go too big you don't want to look like Dolly Parton. I use a C cup size with the appropriate size bra to fit them. Do you have a bit of a belly? A lot of women do but if you want to hide it a bit a foundation garment does the trick. I don't bother as I find them too restrictive. You need one set of clothes to get you out there then you can gradually increase your wardrobe as you go. A skirt, top and a pair of tights (pantyhose I think you call them) and a pair of shoes again all from ebay. When you walk in heels walk tall with confidence don't creep round like some sought of criminal trying to avoid the law. You are a woman when you are out there remember? Tuck your junk - there are hundreds of posts on this some do it for looks and some do it to feel more feminine. I've tried doing it and to me it is more trouble than it is worth just make sure your clothes are not too tight or too short. You can buy a padded "bum" garment to give you a shapely body again I don't bother it is just another layer of clothes to me.. A handbag and purse (wallet and purse) a small make up bag for the essentials. A hair brush you can get a special one for wigs with metal teeth. Keep your wig clean simply wash it in the bath with mild shampoo in water and then rinse. This should wash out excess make up and sweat.

I hope this gives you a bit of insight before you know it you will be a handsome confident woman the same as millions in the world. In fact you will look better than most something to be well proud of. Personally I think I look better in women's clothes than mens but before you think I am a full time dresser don't worry I am only part time as I'm sure you will be.

regards Maria
    The Fallen Madonna with the Big Boobies

Just a touch of class Lynn Marie's Avatar
    So you want guidance. It's right here in front of you. Start reading. Use the search function. There's just no easy way to learn it all, just start absorbing what's already laid out before you. It's a free gift.

BTW, Welcome to the forum.

Hi Carla .. glad to have you here .. this is the very best place on the web for CDers. You've probably already found the Beauty Club section of the forum. Years of advice there. If you haven't already done so, check You Tube for make-up and other tutorials. There are a number of girls here on the forum that have their on websites and blogs devoted to life as a cross dresser. Don't hesitate to seek them out. I'm learning that cross dressing is an art. It can be learned, there are a lot of tricks of the trade, but all of it takes a lot of practice. Have fun .. because it is fun!

Forgive me if I am wrong, but I am having a problem with the OP and the post/request. I seem to read into the actions and what was said in the post...a troll ?

OP, please return and explain how all of a sudden you want to be a crossdresser and want to know everything about it from one post. You use terms and wording, like you have been a cder for a long time, but ask questions like a novice.

Talking

First of all welcome to the forum Carla, like others have said, the answers you seek are all here. This is a well laid out forum with tons of information, it just takes a little work to search out what you want to know. There are many paths you can take to achieve the results you desire. You just need to experiment and find what works best for you. I would suggest you go to the introductions page and tell us a little about yourself so we can get to know you. Most of all enjoy your journey.
    Link to my flickr photostream:
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/kandybarr

Platinum Member

You've Come To The Right Place

Hi Carla, Welcome to our forum, When you are here you are home.
    What ever the question someone will have an answer for you.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

The sudden reason why I want to do it is because it seems like a fun activity and cds are sexy plus I always want to try it even when I was younger I'm 21 I wanted to crossdress but I never had the balls to really try it until now

As someone who came out late, I would advocate experimenting, finding your zen place, and go from there.

Sometimes it takes a couple of years to figure it out, but you'll eventually find yourself, and discover yourself, and decide the necessary ingredients to live a happy life as you need.

There is no one model of CD'er .....we are all snowflakes, snowflake. .......Like actual snowflakes, every one of us is different.

I suggest finding a quality tranny botique in your city. LA must have many from which to choose. Get a make-over by one of the GG girls there. They have a keen eye for what's right for You with respect to all the questions you've asked eg. color, clothes, makeup, etc. Good luck. Have fun!

Banned Read only
    T&E. Trial and error.

The CDers mantra should be, "There is no RIGHT way to CD".

In other words, simply experiment and practice to whatever degree YOU are comfortable with. EVERY single person who posts here is unique so it's up to you to READ and experiment.

Luv doing girl stuff CherylFlint's Avatar
    Dear Carla,
    Read what’s here in this blog.
    To get fitted for the proper size bra, go to a mastectomy bra/form fitter to get the proper size and fit.
    Go to the makeup counter at the mall or make an appointment at a beauty salon to get a makeover. Do that at least twice, or more, to get the right combinations of makeup that work for you.
    Visit thrift and consignment stores.
    Get professionally fitted at a wig store.
    Don’t wear too high of heels or anything too tight.
    Have a girl (real) who can tell you the truth about how you are doing.
    Dress as all the other girls dress, if they’re wearing jeans and a sweatshirt, so should you.
    A leather mini skirt is nice, but not all of the time.
    You want to pass and stay safe.
    But most of all, you want to be accepted as the girl you are. You’ll make mistakes, we all do, but to keep the costs down, doing it right the first time will save you hundreds, if not thousands, of dollars.
    Good luck and HAVE FUN!

Silver Member
    Welcome Carla - If you send me $25, I will send you the official CD Guidebook which we all used to learn how to dress like a woman, do makeup, walk on heels. If you don't want to send me money, listen to the good ideas other members provide to you.

I would also suggest that you try to find a crossdressing social group in the LA area. Meetings are discrete and members are very welcoming.

The key words are practice, experimentation and patience Hon. No one ever became a woman over night, not even a woman.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

HAVE A GOoD BALANCE IN YOUR CHECKING ACCOUNT AND A HIGH CREDIT LINE ON YOUR CHARGE CARDS!!!!!!

Molly
    "To thine own self be true"

I first thought LA was Louisiana but maybe it's that big city. For me the attraction was first the clothes. If you have an average build (5'10ish, 175ish) you probably would be able to get into this cheap by going to a Kmart type place or Good Will and go 1X or 2X women's sizes. If you find something there that you would like to wear, start there. Then it's trial and error.

Be observant. Feel feminine. The initial thrill has come and gone for me. Now it is something that I truly enjoy doing but it's can't be in public for me. I (and most men over 40) simply cannot pass for a woman. If you want to change it all, that's something else. It has crossed my mind but my "real" life is very alive.

For me the trick is to enjoy it but not obsess. Hope you're not a troll, whatever that is. I don't think so...huggs rrbbn.

p.s. Good balance. If you want to drop some big money on shoes, the right high heels are great fun.
    Last edited by Robbin_Sinclair; 06-30-2013 at 06:19 AM. Reason: I thought about my Skyscrapers from Chicago. What a shoe!

Thanks girls <3 I found some really good advises so far and a friend of mine suggested me to use a corset to help me get the hourglass figure

Start by going out and buying clothes that you think will suit your physique.
    Worry about the pedantics later.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Quote Originally Posted by Carlasantillan View Post
    New to crossdressing (MtF) can someone guide me please
    If someone offers to "guide you," or otherwise "teach" you to be a crossdresser, I suggest you hold on tight to your wallet. Heatherdress's comment about "send me $25" (which I assume -- or hope -- was meant facetiously) kind of points that out.

There's no right way to be a CDer. And no wrong way, either.

Becoming a CDer is a lot like becoming yourself, and the best guides are the ones that teach you to not look for a guide -- cf. the Zen koan, "if you meet the Buddha on the road, kill him." If you follow other people's guides as to how to CD, you will only end up living a pale imitation of somebody else's life. If you're going to be what someone else thinks you should be, you might as well remain a dudebro; at least then you won't have scads of people pointing and laughing at you (or telling you you will go to Hell) for it.

That said, there are mechanical things you can get help on. For example, if you want to wear a bra, people here can give you advice on how to choose one that won't fall off or cause permanent back injury.

But (continuing the example) if you realize, after trying it for a while, that you really want to wear a Madonna-style bullet bra with a EEE cup spangled with red, white and blue sequens (or no bra at all), and people are telling you you have to stick with a demure ladylike beige one, then it's time to "kill Buddha."

Lol thank you the best advise so far