Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pride.

Exclamation Re: Pride

Helped staff the City of Lakes Crossgender Community booth, PrideFest Minneapolis, MN at Loring Park on Sunday June 30th.

Booth photo:

Mari on left, Zoe on right staffing the CLCC booth.

Main banner photo:

The main banner was a great way for people to step up and ask "What is Gender?" Printed information was on the table for people to take with them.

Also the "Wheel of Fabulousity", How fabulous you really are after spinning the wheel, was also a great interaction for people to ask questions and try the wheel for fun. Estimated 1000 spins of the wheel over the weekend.

Estimated crowd at PrideFest Minneapolis over the weekend was about one half million attending. With the "Freedom to Marry" bill passage this year, Pride was the celebration of the passage of that statute.

Phoebe

Quote Originally Posted by Greenie View Post
    Do you think it also might have to do with the fact that Pride is about being out and proud about being gay...... When most CDers are heterosexual I would expect there not to be a bunch of CDers at a gay pride parade. If they are not gay would they be like 'Straight pride! But in a dress!" ??

I think there also is some judgment even from the LGB side of the equation because they think its only a matter of time before CDers "come out" as being gay. And then the TG think that CDers are either like them or its a fetish.

Poor CDers don't fit anywhere... Maybe that's why their were not many?
    I think theres not a lot of representation from the CD community in Pride events because I'm sure over 90% of us are all hiding in the damn closet.

Things might be different if CDer's were attracted to each other and wanted to marry each other with equal rights etc.

I will be going in a parade one of these days!

Greenie,

There were a number of forum members on that Emerald City float. One of our regular contributors "Lynn Marie" was riding shotgun in the pickup that was towing the float. And to Natasha, thank you for being there 5 years ago - getting me out for the first time.
    small1.jpgsmall2.jpg