Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Things to do to feel feminine in guy mode?

I have no problem feeling feminine, ever. It's feeling masculine that's the problem. But I'm actively working on it, and no one seems to notice that it's all just an act.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

I have been wearing women’s clothes for several years. First came women’s pull-on pants. Then came panties, pantyhose, short slips, and a bra. These are probably apparent if one looks closely, but I’ve never encountered any looks or comments. I go as far as I am comfortable. The trick is to avoid the obvious flag; if there is one other items (such as bra straps, sheer stockings, pants with no fly, and buttons on the ”wrong” side will be noticed. Women’s clothing that I wear are:

!) Pants: Women’s pull on pants are much easier to put on than men’s belted pants. They do not need a fake fly, as the absence of it is usually not apparent, but I prefer non-figured and solid color, non-pastel pants so they are not readily identified as women’s clothing.

2) Panties: Underwear with a fly is unnecessary with pull on pants. Although there are no-fly briefs in the men’s department, women’s full-cut briefs work just as well, and are often cheaper.

3) Slips: Shirttails tend to readily pull out of pull on pants. This can expose panty and pantyhose tops and a bare back is usually uncomfortable when seated. A “solution” is to wear a full slip that is short enough to be worn with slacks. A slip with adjustable straps, lace trim, and a bodice can even be OK as it is covered and feminine features aren’t apparent. Also slips are usually made of material that makes it easier to pull on and straighten pants.

4) Bra: This is generally not considered an androgynous item, but it can be useful in “boy mode” to keep non-adjustable straps on a slip from falling off the shoulders

5) Pantyhose: An MD suggested that I wear pantyhose to avoid the indentation in my lower legs that mid-calf or knee-high socks make. Pantyhose do not require anything that is not also needed with pull on pants. Opaque ones are best, as they aren't readily identified as women's hosiery, but that isn't necessary and non-opaque pantyhose are OK and are more available.

6) Purse: Keeping a wallet, comb, notepad, phone, and keys in pants pockets is awkward as it is hard to extract them when seated, and pockets in women’s pull on pants are often not very deep anyway. My “solution” is to use a small shoulder purse, which can either be worn or secured in a basket when that is available.

All these are mass-market items in the women’s department. Even when suitable clothing is available in menswear, it is a specialty item and expensive!

i wear women's jeans half the time, bra and forms, toes painted and toe rings, ankle bracelet, pierced ears-3 studs on each side 24/7, grew hair out and wear it in a high ponytail thru the back of a baseball cap. i love how feminine i fill.

What do I do to feel feminine in guy mode? Well all day every day I always wear some beautiful panties. Sometimes, if the weather permits, I wear nylons and sometimes pantyhose. I carry lipstick with me just in case I can wear it while driving. In the cold portion of winter I will wear a cutoff slip, a bra and nice blouse under my guy wool shirt.

Always my toenails are bright red.

Finally, I already have hair that will hold a curl. When my hair is long enough I will use curlers it so my hair is close to a feminine style. When asked I just respond that my hair is curly. In fact just washing it and lifting with a comb it will curl naturally.

Sexy panties and stockings or pantyhose.
    Jennifer.

I feel feminine even in a suit and tie on the rare occasions I wear one. I always feel conspicuous when dressed like that. One of the reasons I dressed less and less was because I realised that it was more internal with me than external. Although of late I do want to get back to wearing nice clothes again.

The best way for me to feel more feminine in guy mode is to try and shake off the male persona I've invented. To be fair sometimes I wear something female be it underwear or whatever. It's like a catalyst or a reminder.

Gone to live my life
    Hi all,

Don't really have much to offer as I only recently came clean with accepting Isha into my male world (not meaning dressing in public but internally).

Like a few others posted in this thread, I keep the en femme side (dresses, make-up, lingerie) separate from my male world (i.e., I don't underdress, carry feminine articles or use feminine mannerisms). Okay, this may sound like a bit of a cop out but please understand . . . I love being manly as much as I love being girly. The two are part of who I am and they both need to express themselves in very different ways.

So how do I feel feminine while in male mode? I embrace the calmness that Isha offers me. In essence I stop thinking with my primal/primitive brain and use the cortex. Not saying men can't do that but we sometimes default to primal brain mode when we can't make sense of things. I take an active role in listening to what others (both men and women) around me are saying. I try to help/nurture the development of my subordinates. I have become much more engaging and to some degree touchy feely. In essence, I have given the Alpha Male a time out.

These are all traits that society has labeled as feminine (i.e., guys need to brash, in your face, Alpha). I only see these traits as good leadership principles which many women I know in the military use quite effectively.

So while I think the concept of feminine/masculine personality traits are societal contrivances, I use these to embrace my feminine side at work . . . I could not be happier when I do.

Hugs

Isha

I wear panties and camisole under my guy clothing. I have also started wearing women's socks with cute prints on them. I keep my finger and toe nails polished all the time. Usually a sheer pink color so it is not too obvious. In colder months I wear stockings or tights under my jeans. And I definitely agree that shopping for your girly stuff in guy mode helps a lot.

I wear panties most of the time(depending on what I am doing) under my pants/shorts. I sometimes wear pantyhose or stockings under the pants. I will wear trouser socks some times. I will use clear mascara. Use women's deodorant. Go heels and dress shopping and try some on.

Panties and underdressing, yes, but as others have noted after years it becomes just your clothes.

Like most women I check my appearance in every mirror I see, no matter how I am dressed. I'm pleased when I see traces of my femme side in my glance or gesture.

And since 2007 I've driven a powder-blue little car with beige upholstery, very girly, and I get in and out by swiveling with my knees together as if I am wearing a short tight skirt, no matter what I am actually wearing. However I probably drive like a guy.

I have a couple anklets I ware hidden under my socks while in guy mode as a way to feel special. The anklet dose'nt have to be anything more than a bead or charm on some thread, it's just a way for me to recognise my feminine feelings.
    Kelly

You ARE Loved.
    You BELONG in this World.

Banned Read only
    I usually am wearing some strappy shiny sandals at home. Just love wearing sandals like 9 months out of the year.

Wear a bra. However a bra needs breasts, and the smallest available cup size is usually to big for bandwidths over 38. Can breasts be enlarged without hormones?

natural breast inlargement.

Quote Originally Posted by sfwarbonnet View Post
    Wear a bra. However a bra needs breasts, and the smallest available cup size is usually to big for bandwidths over 38. Can breasts be enlarged without hormones?
    A sports bra works well in guy mode for that added girly feel. An doesn't tell on you. Lol
    There are natural supplements you can use rather than hormones. Fenugreek is one. An wild yam cream is another. Used together will give some size to your breast. I've been taking them for over a year now. I'm about an A cup. I also use a breast pump. But I believe you need a testerone blocker for the best results. I haven't found a natural blocker yet.

I echo Kelly's idea - I wear an anklet where possible. Even a pink/white/blue friendship bracelet to signify who I am. It's never visible anyway, but if it was, it's not a huge deal.
    Bras can be a challenge if you are trying to hide what you have going on. Get a cami with a 'shelf bra', it looks like an undershirt if anyone sees, but you know what it is.
    I love patterned tights that I can wear that just look like socks when people see your feet. And lastly, a thong. Even if you wear other panties or briefs over it, the feeling will keep you in a feminine mind set all day

My sister suggested to me a while back about wearing clear mascara. No one can see it but I know it's on. I also use a chapstick that has a slight tint of color. Of course I under dress too so that sort of helps but like others have said, after a while it becomes just every day clothes.

I have and you can buy lots of cool bracelets marketed for men.I have a necklace too in male mode and wear the adrogynously marketed CK1 fragrance every so often.

I sometimes wear some foundation too and a little mascara although that doesn't always go unnoticed.

You want to feel feminine in guy mode?

Wash the dishes, clean the house. Cook dinner. Sing along with the background music in restaurants and elevators. At a store checkout line, don't get out your money or credit card until the cashier has finished ringing up your purchase. Root through your pocket for the exact change, then make other customers wait while you put your change away. Start up a conversation with the cashier that's unrelated to your purchase. In a conversation, if ten words will do, make it thirty.

You'll feel feminine!
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda

Gurls will be Girls petrahughes's Avatar
    Just having hairless shaved legs and body makes me feel fem 24/7

I like the just be yourself suggestions. A few things I enjoy while dressed drab are panties, a cami under my shirt. I keep my body smooth (if anyone comments on legs etc, just say you like it that way) runners, cyclists, swimmers and ups drivers all do. You can also get a pedi. I've done so in male mode and fem mode. keep the stray hairs of your brows tweezed, grow fingernails slightly ( I keep mine at the end of my fingerers, not too long for a guy, but not trimmed to the bone either. You can even use a neutral lip gloss, female lip balm without standing out. I find I walk a bit more feminine and use more hand gestures now then before I dressed also. I also always have clear nail strengthener on. Brown mascara can be worn without causing too much notice too.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Follow me on Facebook
    http://facebook.com/ceri4certain

Quote Originally Posted by linda allen View Post
    You want to feel feminine in guy mode?

Wash the dishes, clean the house. Cook dinner. Sing along with the background music in restaurants and elevators. At a store checkout line, don't get out your money or credit card until the cashier has finished ringing up your purchase. Root through your pocket for the exact change, then make other customers wait while you put your change away. Start up a conversation with the cashier that's unrelated to your purchase. In a conversation, if ten words will do, make it thirty.

You'll feel feminine!
    So true from a guy perspective. Ran into the checkout scenario just yesterday while shopping pretty. Thought the lady would never get checked out. lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Follow me on Facebook
    http://facebook.com/ceri4certain

It seems like a strange question to me. The cause & effect is: I wear women's things because I feel feminine, not I wear women's things in order to feel feminine.

I try to wear panties everyday, stand with my knees together, walk with my hips (if no one is behind me!), I use a female razor and shave gel, ladies moisturizer, cross my legs like a woman. Generally try to emulate a woman's movements and body language - or more accurately, stop purposely hiding them as most feel very normal to me

Take estriol. It's an estrogen that peaks during pregancy; but it's not as strong (and dangerous?) as estradiol. Maybe estriol will make you feel pregnant, and maybe there are "feminization" side effects! Any experience here?
    Last edited by sfwarbonnet; 10-07-2013 at 10:52 AM.

Mall walk, see what's new in the store windows, observe what ladies your age are wearing, imagine what men would like about you when dressed, think about what other ladies might envy you for. Imagine!