Thread: Drivers licence Time

Drivers licence Time

Had to get my driver's license photo tke today. Did so in a black and white stiped tank maxi dress full makeup and accessories. Guess what happened? NOTHING!!! I waited my turn with the 22847563 other people there...no screaming or fainting...arguably I pass pretty well so that could be a coincidence. Then I approached the clerk who told me to sit daown answer these questions on the screen...too my picture which actually came out as one of my better pictures...sorry one of my wife's absolute rules is no dressed pics of me online so i cant show u, gave me new license told me to have a nice day and i left.

Just wanted to show that you CAN get out there if you want to!!! Not trying to pry closet doors open, but speaking to the girls who WANT to but fear the pitchforks and torches.

I have a couple of questions - did you use your masculine name and is your gender marker on the license still "M"?

Johanna (John)
    John (Legal name)

Preferred pronouns: he, his, him

My license comes up for renewal this year and I am debating whether to have the ID photo taken with me as androgynous as practical (I am leaning towards Miki). I am in California and it would be my guess that as long as I don't misrepresent anything on the application, they can have no say in how I present for the photo.
    When writing the next chapter in your life, start with a pencil and eraser - my first page as Miki is full of eraser marks.

Arrow Re: Drivers licence Time

Renewed my drivers license last November. My hair is down to the nape of my neck. A month before the renewal time had my hair permed at a stylist salon. I didn't wear any make up for the photo. I look mostly androgynous, (A male with long hair ).

I am contemplating a legal name change to Phoebe. If the name change is granted will attempt to have my gender marker changed to "F" on my drivers license. Gender marker change is a different process application though the Department of Public Safety. Name change is through district court.

Same deal for the state ID cards and bank cards,etc in that they don't care about the pic,they only want the info correct.
    It SURE is my hair ! I have the receipt and the box it came in !

last renewal I had I wore a black blouse and slacks. Since the photo is closeup, you can only see the head/shoulders and not the blouse so no giveaway there. BUT, since I have a braid down my back, she recommended my putting the braid over my shoulder so it (long hair) could be seen. Black/white lace scrunchie is also in the photo....

Yes still masculine name and gender marker but 95% of the time I am dressed so might as well have the pic match how i mostly appear.

And that is why I do it!
    It SURE is my hair ! I have the receipt and the box it came in !

Silver Member
    last time I had to renew and have picture taken I wore blouse and bra. They only took the head shot so hard to tell. Oh well.

My DL is up this year too. They renew every 8 years here in WI. My current photo I've got short hair a mustash and gotee. When asked for my ID people take a double take since I no longer have facial hair and wear my hair long now. This time I'm going to style my hair a little fem and maybe do some eyeliner and lip gloss. Nothing to dramatic but enough to resemble me either way.

We had a member here do this with great regret. Although each person has to weigh the option, this person had their picture taken while made up and hair styled as a woman. He then had his job ask for a copy of his drivers license. He went back to the BMV to ask for another picture and they said it is stored online and they were required to use the picture that was stored, which was the one where he looked like a woman. He was finally able to explain the situation and begged for another picture. Something to consider for those walking to the BMV in the pink fog.

http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...40#post1908540
    Last edited by Jenny Gurl; 07-10-2013 at 09:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jenny Gurl View Post
    We had a member here do this with great regret. Although each person has to weigh the option, this person had their picture taken while made up and hair styled as a woman. He then had his job ask for a copy of his drivers license. He went back to the BMV to ask for another picture and they said it is stored online and they were required to use the picture that was stored, which was the one where he looked like a woman. He was finally able to explain the situation and begged for another picture. Something to consider for those walking to the BMV in the pink fog.

http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...40#post1908540
    For me I pretty much look like my DL photo 95% of the time so that isnt an issue for me. With my last pic I would be given a hard time over how different I looked rom the male pic.