Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Training Heels?

Training Heels?

So,

On a whim, I bought a pair of 4 inch heels at Savers today. Never been in anything higher than 3 inches, and could not walk smooth in those like I did when I spent a whole night on 1.5 inch heels. My "thought" was that if I spent some time on 4 inch heels, the 3 inch will seem like a breeze.

Am I right in my thinking, that a little time in 4 inch will be good "training" for 3 inch?

Lady in Being (7/20/17) AmyGaleRT's Avatar
    Lots of ladies will tell you that, Sandi! Myself, I don't generally go higher than 3-1/2" heels or so (at 6'2" I don't really need to be that much taller ), but walking in those certainly makes lower heels easier to deal with!

- Amy
    Amy Gale Ruth Bowersox (nee Tapie) - "Be who you are, and be it in style!"
    Member, Board of Trustees, Gender Identity Center of Colorado
    aka Amelia Storm - Ms. Majestic Hearts of All Colorado 2018-2019, Miss Majestic Hearts of All Colorado 2015-2016

Get you some 6 or 7 inch heels, shoot, those 3inchers will feel like flats!!!!
    Link to my flickr photostream:
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/kandybarr

Anything less than 5" are slippers.... My first pair of heels were 5" never looked back.
    Just a girl fronm Long Island, NY .... always looking to meet others from my area.

Yes, I think there is some training effect from wearing higher heels around the house than you intend to wear out in public. But the "training heels" need to be very well-fitting, comfortable and stable for you to be able to spend enough time wearing them. I typically wear 5"-ish heels at home and drop down by half or three quarters of an inch or so when I go out.

- Diane

Great to look at but a bitch to spend any time in. I love 5" heels (got to be a perfect fit) and at 5'7 they arent too much but they hurt like hell after a few hours. I dont think practice will stop that. I remember once my wife bet me I couldnt wear them for a whole day and I took her up on the offer and it took 3 days for my feet to recover.
    But whats more sexy than a great pair of heels and a nice pair of stockings...Ellie

At 6'+ I don't need much of a heel but I loved a pair of strappy 4.5" heels so much I bought them and perfected walking in them. After that I wore a pair of 3" heels with a french maids outfit for halloween. After a whole evening they were still comfortable and several people couldn't belive how well I was walking in them(might of raised some questions about me). So yes train your way up and the lower ones are a breeze

Maybe but your toes may need some "coaxing" to return to normal.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Platinum Member
    Hi Sandi, I don't know I wear 4" or 5" heels all the time they just feel natural to me.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Any time you spend in heels will be good "training" for wearing heels. The highest I have are about 3" and I think that's about the highest women normally wear for business, church, etc. I normally just wear flats so I won't draw attention to myself. If I were 5' 2" tall, I would probably wear heels but I'm about 5' 8" tall and that's pretty tall for a woman.

Extremenly high heels are not good for your feet and many of us will have foot problems as we age even without wearing heels.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda

At 3 1/2 " I feel to tall ready, so I've never tried 5 " heels, but they have to make it seem easy to walk in shorter heels.
    Magic is the art of changing consciousness at will.

Just a touch of class Lynn Marie's Avatar
    Maximum heel height, excluding platforms, is determined by foot size rather than ego. The larger the foot, the higher the heel you can wear successfully. With a size 13 women's foot, 5 inch heels are just fine for an evening out. 4 inch heels are good for all day, and 3 inch heels are child's play. My feet look like water skis in flats and even 1inch wedges. At 6'3" my normal heels make me look "statuesque". Most of my collection is 5 inch with 2 pairs even a smidgen higher! Such a terrible price to pay for high style!

Mmm, so its not just my imagination that the higher heels make big feet look smaller...
    Now, the question is... would you rather be + 6' or size 14-15 flats...

I am 5'7" and regularly wear 4 to 5 inch heels. I've been doing it for a long time so no practice needed. When i first started out, i wore 3.5 inch heels. I admit to owning a pair of 6 inch heels (without platform) but i don't go out in them.

I'm sure it's all a matter of practice. The more time you are in them the better at walking you will be.
    Stephanie

Yes, just stretch the limitations gradually and then move on.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Blondes Have More Fun Jennifer Kelly's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynn Marie View Post
    Maximum heel height, excluding platforms, is determined by foot size rather than ego. The larger the foot, the higher the heel you can wear successfully. With a size 13 women's foot, 5 inch heels are just fine for an evening out. 4 inch heels are good for all day, and 3 inch heels are child's play. My feet look like water skis in flats and even 1inch wedges. At 6'3" my normal heels make me look "statuesque". Most of my collection is 5 inch with 2 pairs even a smidgen higher! Such a terrible price to pay for high style!
    This is good to know. I wear a size 12 and I've been scared to go higher than 3".

I'm 6ft tall & one of my favourite pairs of shoes makes me 6'5". Easy does it. 1 inch at a time. I've had to teach my 6ft tall wife how to walk. Bart Simpson gave the worst advice ever while teaching Lisa when she was in the Little Miss Springfield episode. It's not a matter of "heel, toe, heel, toe". When walking in heels you're walking on the balls of your feet unless standing still.
    Don't forget, if you're tall & like wearing heels, back straight, tits out. My 6'3" father always taught me to never be afraid of your height. Be proud.
    Have fun girls

It is all about practice. I have never worn higher than 4inches, but if I don't wear them a lot they kill when I do! It is also not just about height but about show design. I have a pair of 4 incers that are a dream to wear, but another pair that cause problems! But it is about learning how to walk in them as well!
    Kaz xx

__________________________________________________ ____________

This Woman Within is Flying without Wings

Just buy the size heel you want to wear and walk in them. not a big deal just be sure to do it around the house before venturing out. i started with 6" heels and walk in them better than most women can.

Practice! I'm 6ft, and again my feet look a bit large in flats. A good 4" heel makes my legs look much more feminine. Depends on hemline too to some degree, my preferred skirt length is just below the knee, but can look frumpy without heels, but if I'm wearing something shorter I can get away with less of a heel. I bought some brogue type shoe with a small heel of about 2" today, wearing those feels like flats after my usual heels!
    The type of heel changes things too, a chunkier heel is much easier than a stiletto.

Silver Member
    A lot of good ideas.

I found it is not simply the heel height, it is also the angle of the heel, the shape of the shoe, support around the ankle - heels are different. Some 4 inch heels are comfortable to wear. Some 3 inch heels are difficult to walk in.

Platform heels are easier for me. They provide more support. I also can wear 5 and 6 inch heels comfortably with 1 and 2 inch platform soles.

Good thought in theory but it takes balance practice and patience.

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar
    My observation in learning to walk in heels was that lower height (difference of heel minus platform) didn't force me into the necessary dance-like movement required for walking in heels successfully. In 3" heels I could get away with some kind of hybrid motion and it was that mode of walking that made the shoes hurt after a very short time. Once I got serious about walking in heels with at least a 4"net heel, I lost that tendency to walk at all like a guy and I no longer have any discomfort usingv heels for any amount of time. In fact we found that the angle of the back and hips is therapeutic when my back is weak, so at that point I will wear them around the house in male mode for hours.

Heather, exactly! My favorite pumps are 4". Because of the angle they make my size 12 feet look smaller. I also have a pair of 3" that have that steep angle. Now, I look for that in shoes.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: jpg I.jpg (25.6 KB, 28 views)
    Last edited by CD Tammy; 07-14-2013 at 08:14 AM.