Thread: Small step with a loving wife

Small step with a loving wife

I don't post very much on here because I usually don't have that much to share. I did want to share a small positive step with me wife. I told her about Jackie a little over 4 years ago. She was ok with it after a few months of the normal concerns. Since then it has been strictly DADT. Well yesterday we were going through old clothes and generally cleaning up. She hands me a silver pair of strappy sandals with a 3" heel and says, " you can have these, I think they will fit you". Then she hands me a pair of white wedge slip on sandals. I was overjoyed. A little later I found a pair of flats that were just a little too small for me so I gave them to her and she loved them. I'm so happy, I spent the entire rest of the day working with a smile on my face. I guess patience can be a virtue.

Hugs
    Jackie

Banned Read only
    Did you hold her face, look into her eyes and told her that You Loved Her? I believed I would have done that if my wife did that for me. I'm so Happy for you Jackie. Kudos to you and the Mrs.

I always tell her how much I love her, but I did thank her for them, and
    For thinking of me.

Crossdresser-At-Large BillieAnneJean's Avatar
    It is odd how the people we expect to care for our happines the most require the most care to get that care.

Ah Love!

And yes, tell her you love her. Then take her on a date guy/girl to show her that nothing has changed between you.

Billie

That's a great story and it's great when we can share clothes with our wives or girlfriends. My wife and I can exchange blouses (and I was really proud the day she wore one of mine out to diner with friends) and sometimes skirts, but not shoes.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda

Platinum Member
    indeed, patience is a virtue. She's obviously open a bit more to the idea than she was four years ago. Might I suggest that this overture on her part be the first step in a real dialogue between the two of you. As we always say, prepare yourself, take your time and make it as much about her and her feelings as about yours.

That's wonderful! Gives some of the rest of us a little encouragement. I am very happy for you both!
    Before you can love another, you must first like yourself

I Aim To Misbehave

Labels belong on BOXES, not PEOPLE!

Platinum Member
    Hi Jackie, And just when you think that you have someone figured out .
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Quote Originally Posted by Jodie_Lynn View Post
    That's wonderful! Gives some of the rest of us a little encouragement. I am very happy for you both!
    Jodie:

I have been very careful to be aware of her feelings and let things go at her speed. She is the most important thing in my life. I don't feel the need to push things along. I have always been a crossdresser and I always will be. I have a lot of time. I just figured that if I let it happen at her pace, that it will eventually happen. Not sure what that is, or to what extent, but just getting comfortable enough with the idea that we could talk openly about it, maybe a passing joke, or a small present now and then would do wonders to help my peace of mind.

I'm not sure this approach would work for everyone as we are all different, but I'm sure there is a path to greater openness and happiness for everyone.

Just don't go overboard and push too hard.
    It all takes time.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Quote Originally Posted by Beverley Sims View Post
    Just don't go overboard and push too hard.
    It all takes time.
    I agree Beverley, all in good time. :-)

When I told my wife a month ago about my CDing, she told me that it was a good thing I told her when I did. She was getting ready to get rid of a lot of her clothes that were too big for her because she has recently lost weight. She said that a lot of them might fit me and we ended up having a small "fashion show" that night. There is nothing like the feeling you get when your SO is willing to share or help out. It is reassurance that they are accepting of who you are. Just keep taking baby steps with her, continue at a speed that she is comfortable with and you will see your relationship continue to grow.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon7 View Post
    When I told my wife a month ago about my CDing, she told me that it was a good thing I told her when I did. She was getting ready to get rid of a lot of her clothes that were too big for her because she has recently lost weight. She said that a lot of them might fit me and we ended up having a small "fashion show" that night. There is nothing like the feeling you get when your SO is willing to share or help out. It is reassurance that they are accepting of who you are. Just keep taking baby steps with her, continue at a speed that she is comfortable with and you will see your relationship continue to grow.
    Jon:

Thanks for the reply. We occasionally do the clothes review and I have always wanted here to offer me something which she never has. I think that is why I had to shere this story. After 4 years, she did make that offer and I did get that feeling you talked about. I don't think we'll do the fashion show anytime soon but I'm happy with the baby steps. Thanks for sharing your experience.

Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jackie_p View Post
    ?....I have always been a crossdresser and I always will be. I have a lot of time. ....
    Words of wisdom. When a person comes out there so much pent up energy released, and a desire to make up for lost time. But in most cases, it's better to slow down a bit and take our time. Someone said, if you want to do something quickly, slow down.