Thread: Colorado Springs

Colorado Springs

A opportunity came up on short notice to go out dressed in Colorado Springs. Can anyone please please provide a safe place to go.

Karan, there are a number of places to go and be safe. Depending on the days or evenings you would like to do this would let me know the places to offer. Club Q or Underground are the bars / places to go normally but we have other places and support groups here if you would like to meet other girls. You can private message me if that is more comfortable for you.

Dana
    [SIZE="3"]Dana Rachael Stevens

The person I have always wanted to be, is within me!
    [/SIZE]

Sorry to jump on the thread, but I have next weekend all to myself and was considering getting out and about in the Denver Metro Area. Colo Springs is a little far for me to go, do you have any recommendations for a little to the North?

Lady in Being (7/20/17) AmyGaleRT's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by VirtuaGrl View Post
    Sorry to jump on the thread, but I have next weekend all to myself and was considering getting out and about in the Denver Metro Area. Colo Springs is a little far for me to go, do you have any recommendations for a little to the North?
    The Black Crown Lounge on Broadway is a classy and T-friendly place. Lori and Bree will probably also cast their votes for it.

- Amy
    Amy Gale Ruth Bowersox (nee Tapie) - "Be who you are, and be it in style!"
    Member, Board of Trustees, Gender Identity Center of Colorado
    aka Amelia Storm - Ms. Majestic Hearts of All Colorado 2018-2019, Miss Majestic Hearts of All Colorado 2015-2016

Black Crown is a great place to go! So I agree with Amy. There is Hamburger Mary's and the Cherokee restaurant for food/ Racine's has been good also. Tracks is good for the younger crowd (though they do have a section that is typically quieter for conversation). do not forget to check in at the Gender Identity Center website for meetings as this gives you an opportunity to meet other like minded people.
    [SIZE="3"]Dana Rachael Stevens

The person I have always wanted to be, is within me!
    [/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by AmyGaleRT View Post
    The Black Crown Lounge on Broadway is a classy and T-friendly place. Lori and Bree will probably also cast their votes for it.
    Virtua,

Yeah, I'll agree that the Black Crown is great in Denver. I'll be stopping in there this weekend and probably next myself.

Everywhere Dana mentioned are also nice places except the Cherokee closed a few months back.

Karan,

I don't get to C-Springs that much, but all the typical places are pretty friendly. Places like Target, Kohl's, or Goodwill for shopping are always a hit with me. Dana's probably got all the rest of the hidden gems.

-Bree

the Cherokee is closed. Denver has a lot of other places though. Most restaurants in the SoBo, Golden Triangle, and Antiques Row area are open.
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

Gold Member
    Most of colorado springs is pretty safe. I don't know what the glbt scene is like but I doubt you would have any real problems anywhere. It is not like that turd-hole town Pueblo.
    It takes a true Erin to be a pain in the assatar.

The Black Crown and Hamburger Mary's are both 'friendly'. Hoping to get out next weekend, message if anyone wants to meet up.

Thank you for the suggestions. It looks like Saturday night will be my best opportunity. I was hoping to make a full weekend of it, but something family related has come up for Saturday morning. I'm thinking of bringing a girl bag to the event Saturday morning and then finding a place to change for the evening.

It has been a really long time since I went out on the town in Denver and I am super nervous about my appearance and, of course, safety. Bearing in mind I have a pretty limited budget for my adventure, I would certainly welcome any suggestions.