Thread: So happy with my makeup skills but so unhappy with my body!!!!

So happy with my makeup skills but so unhappy with my body!!!!

I'm in such a difficult situation. For the past year I've been really working on my look and my makeup skills have gone from awful to actually pretty dam good if I do say so myself. I'm really happy at how I've been able to soften up my skin and I absolutely LOVE doing my eyes and lips. It's been an awesome journey.

On the flip side my female body sucks ass. I'm not at all fat. In fact the problem is I'm very muscular. I workout all the time and have very broad shoulders, chest, and arms. I know women come in all shapes and sizes but most don't have muscles like I do. I do my best to cover up my shoulders and arms etc and look as natural as I possibly can but it's getting harder and harder. I've been really working to getting in insane shape and getting my bodyfat below 10% but it's making me look more and more masculine. In guy mode this is ABSOLUTELY how I want to look without any doubt but I'm getting really frustrated with my femme look. ugggg

Then to top things off my corset crapped out on me. The steel busks have been popping thru the material creating a very sharp point on my body. I just ordered a new one which is good but just a bit frustrated right now. I know things can be a lot worse but I sometimes feel if I was just fat I could blend in easier. I also don't want to become a stick-Man when in guy mode.

Gima,
    You look fantastic. MUAH to you sweet lady. Weight lifting should be curtailed however.
    Last edited by ArleneRaquel; 07-10-2013 at 10:38 PM.
    Fulfilling a Lifetime Dream of Living as a Woman in My Adult Years. Ten Years Living 24/7 as a Mature Lady

My Love of Cat's Eye Frames, Bangles, Red Lipstick, Nails, & Cheeks, Comes From My Mother - An Irish Beauty

I'm Always Rainbow Proud

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Quit lifting weights. I used to have defined biceps and hard forearms not pretty at all in girl mode.
    Stopped lifting or using dumbells.

You seem kind of conflicted as to which gender identity is your "true" self. One has to be dominant or primary. If its your femme side, stop with the free weights, and focus on yoga and aerobics. If its the homme side, then accept the muscles, and be a stud when in guy mode. Maybe your femme personality is a bodybuilder.....

It's hard, shapewear makes a difference.
    Padded panties help the shoulders.
    And a (good) corset helps the hourglass shape.
    I suspect you like bodycon dresses too, like me.
    That makes it hard.
    There are GGs out there with triangular bodies..
    Hard to match the girl in the mirror with the one in the head..
    Learning to be me - the best me I can be

There are lots of exercises you can to maintain a hard body but without bulking up yea? *says the fat girl*

I just got a corset from tag fashions.com. A really nice corset at a fraction of the price of lessor garments. Check me out it will make you feel better. *giggle*

Hug
    Rita

Quote Originally Posted by TeresaCD View Post
    Hard to match the girl in the mirror with the one in the head..
    Right?
    Hug
    Rita
    Last edited by Lorileah; 07-11-2013 at 04:28 PM. Reason: merged consecutive posts. try and merge posts with edit when you post so close together thanks
    A person should wear what he likes to. And not just what other folks say. A person should be who she likes to. A person's a person that way!
    ~Marlo Thomas~

Silver Member
    You look the way you want to look in guy mode. You look great.

You look terrific in femme mode, even if muscular. You look great.

Be thankful. Feel good. Enjoy being you. Buy a new corset.

Quote Originally Posted by heatherdress View Post
    You look the way you want to look in guy mode. You look great.

You look terrific in femme mode, even if muscular. You look great.

Be thankful. Feel good. Enjoy being you. Buy a new corset.
    I liked that ^^^ *smile*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Love each other .

Just a touch of class Lynn Marie's Avatar
    When you dress, you are emulating a fantasy girl. If she's a female bodybuilder, you're in, if not, you'll need to change your wardrobe to minimize your muscles and accentuate your legs for instance. You'll be in good company. This is what women do all the time.

Banned Read only
    get your self a good steel boned corset and waist train then certain activity you need to avoid and some you need to do more of in the form of exercises

how to get that feminine form

http://www.reneereyes.com/Webdocs/tipsexerc.html

I agree with Tracy in staying away from any weight lifting...you want to replace it though with healthy cardio like biking and running.I traded in my universal for Pilates, floor exercises and focusing on a strong core a few years ago and I'm glad I did....it put me more in touch with my core and understanding optimal health stems from it...not isolating other areas.I do find physical fitness beautiful across the board though and..."healthy is beautiful" no matter whose wearing it.
    Last edited by Celeste; 07-11-2013 at 04:03 AM.

Know exactly what you mean. I have the clothes, makeup, hair, shapewear, nails, and accessories down to a science. What I don't have is the long thin neck, high cheekbones, thin waist, the hips or butt to put it all together and my leg calves are still too prominent for the most part, and I don't workout; no need. I do however accept the way I am and modify it with shapewear to satisfy me. It would be wonderful however, if I didn't need to use shapewear; it's so clumbsy and restricting. Oh well, Kay sarah sarah.

Platinum Member
    You can do a lot with your choice of styles....maybe avoid the jackets, which in my opinion tend to accentuate shoulders, and try for tops with drop, dohlman or raglan sleeves. Look for v necklines as opposed to boat necks...and a little cleavage and bling to divert the eye.

Lower down, I am a strong proponent of hip padding to balance out the hip/shoulder proportions. And work at defining your waist ...the corset of course, but also belts and skirts.

Finally, contrary to all earlier advice, I've been surprised how nicely sculpted shoulders look in a halter dress.

This is all an illusion. And I suppose the key is to get yourself to believe in the illusion.

Wear black tops, white bottoms, wear 3/4 sleeve tops, expose your legs, and keep it up...I workout too, and I will NEVER be a skinny little thing like I was when I was a teenager....oh well....such is our life....keep on working out....

Even GG's have body image problems.
    It is the same with us, there are some drop dead gorgeous girls here and the rest of us......
    So so.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Does not want to delete......Was a duplicate post.
    When going into advanced does not go.
    Thanks to a moderator in advance
    Last edited by Beverley Sims; 07-12-2013 at 02:39 AM. Reason: Trying to delete it
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.