Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Your Reasons for dressing?

Come and talk with me ;) Briana90802's Avatar

Question Your Reasons for dressing?

Just wondering what are the different reasons that you crossdress?

When I first started crossdressing it was because it was sexual. But then I continued because I felt sexy. But then I realized that it was more than that. To me it became a way to express myself. I love women's clothing. I could never tell other guys that I love that dress or those shoes are cute etc... And that I wanted own those clothes. More than anything just wanted to dress like that.

So what are your reasons for crossdressing?
    Links must comply with our rules
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Started about 40 years ago now growing up with a single mom and grandmom. Obviously I began exploring with there things and have never stopped. I live as Lynn year round now and love everyday. Enjoy it sweetie.

After almost 60 years of dressing, full time since 2004, I just prefer to present myself as a woman. The choice of clothing, the makeup, the entire experience is so uplifting and joyful.
    Fulfilling a Lifetime Dream of Living as a Woman in My Adult Years. Ten Years Living 24/7 as a Mature Lady

My Love of Cat's Eye Frames, Bangles, Red Lipstick, Nails, & Cheeks, Comes From My Mother - An Irish Beauty

I'm Always Rainbow Proud

It is pretty simple for me. It is the only way I can look like a girl.

So you ask now, why do I want to look like a girl?

Because I am one.
    All I ever wanted was to be a girl. Is that really asking too much?

It started as curious exploring (or so I though) at around 8, Over time it has become a way to express who my true self.

It started out as an overwhelming combination of curiosity of what the fabrics and materials felt like tied to an admiration for everythign feminine. At first it was completely non sexual. Eventually, i realized i liked boys. If i liked boys then obviously, i was a girl, if i was a girl, than i should certainly dress like one. In college, i realized i also liked girls. It wasn't until after college that I disassociated my love of dressing with my sexuality. By the time i realized that and accepted the fact that I was Bi, i had become comfortable with the fact that i loved to present as a female.

That is a much abbreviated synopsys of why i dress.

Bree.

Because it feels good, and it's how express my feminine side it is balancing having the masculine and feminine

Platinum Member
    Hi Briana, It all started over 65 years ago , It's who I am and it's what I do.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

I ultimately realized that this was the best way to get closest to women who I totally admire and want to be like. Women took care of me when I was little, women lifted me up when everyone else put me down. This involved very deep feelings on my part and I used the dressing to accomplish this. For better or for worse, this is who I am and it does make me happy.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Platinum Member
    its me....all those other rationalizations have come and gone. Now, the clothes are simply a way of bringing conformity to the inside and outside.

Recently, this was a topic in another group. this was my reply.

Why do I dress?

There are many reasons; so many, in fact, I may not remember them all!

I love the look and feel of womens clothes. I love heels although, due to health reasons, I am no longer able to wear some of mine. I like to wear pretty jewelry - earrings, rings, necklaces. I like to
    see the change in my appearance when I makeup my eyes as well as my face. I like what wigs do to change my appearance.

I thorougly enjoy looking like a woman and being treated as a lady!
    I like how I look as a woman much better than as a man. I guess you could say "Because I love to be dressed"!
    Hugs, Carole

That's a question that I've been asking myself a lot lately. After all the thought that I've given it I finally came to a realization, I dress because that's who I am. When I'm dressed I feel like I'm complete, that what was wrong is now right if only for a short time. So now that I've come to that realization what does that make me? It makes me confused, since I don't know how far I want to take this to feel right. All I know for certain is life's never easy.

Silver Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kate Simmons View Post
    I ultimately realized that this was the best way to get closest to women who I totally admire and want to be like. Women took care of me when I was little, women lifted me up when everyone else put me down. This involved very deep feelings on my part and I used the dressing to accomplish this. For better or for worse, this is who I am and it does make me happy.
    Same here, I emulate the women who loved and cared for me in my life, and one way I emulate them is to dress like them.

I've been thinking about this now and do I need a reason for dressing?

I love the look and feel of women's clothing. So many more options. And mostly, cause I hate myself as a male.

Gwendolyn

For a reason I never understood since I was a child I found women in lingerie, skirts & dresses to be beautiful. When Ii did get to dress up I liked it even better. Re the thread on. slips : for some reason, I find satin trimmed with lace very exciting. I had this feeling before I ever knew what sex was!

When I first started dressing I tried to figure it out. I came to the conclusion that it was a way of getting close to girls. But early on I often wished and wished and wished I would wake up in the morning as a girl. But because I was 12 years old and found myself attracted to girls and boys. I couldn't figure it out.

Now I know. Most of my life I was a girl pretending to be a boy. Got quite good at it I thought.

Aspiring Member
    Oh Oh

I didn't know I needed a reason!

I just like to wear women's cloths. I like the feel of them and it is a bit of an escape. I started when I was about 4

Seana

Love the look feel and varity. I find skirts much more comfortable than jeans.
    I grew up with 3 older sisters and my mother, dad worked nights so I only saw him on sundays, thus I had more female influences. I was very curious how it felt and decided to try my sisters clothes when I was 7 or 8 and remembered playing dress up when I was younger. and then my sisters decided it would be fun to dress me and while I protested I secretly love it
    So now I do it whenever I can

Is it a bad thing that I don't know why I crossdress/crossdressed. I honestly don't know why. I think I like the process just as much as I like being dressed. I love the preparation. I enjoy applying the make-up, putting on the sexy undergarments, sliding on those hose, and finally zipping up that dress or skirt. However, I can't pinpoint one reason that I dress!...The thrill maybe?

Neanderthal in nylons Julie Denier's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Farrah View Post
    Is it a bad thing that I don't know why I crossdress/crossdressed. I honestly don't know why. I think I like the process just as much as I like being dressed. I love the preparation. I enjoy applying the make-up, putting on the sexy undergarments, sliding on those hose, and finally zipping up that dress or skirt. However, I can't pinpoint one reason that I dress!...The thrill maybe?
    I began scrolling down this thread not knowing how I'd answer, but I think this sums it up for me, too. I love being a guy -- quite comfortable and secure, wouldn't want that to change. But there's something about the ritual of dressing that's all at once thrilling, erotic and comforting ... it's hard to get enough of it.

Sexual was a big part of if but now it more comforting than anything. It just feels so natural like I was meant to wear this.

I envy CDs who can dress without wondering or caring about The Big Why. Some can just enjoy it and don't have to delve into deep soul searching. But I have always wondered and never come up with a better answer than, it's who I am. In no other aspect of life do I feel such a strong combination of peace and excitement.

Because it feels right!

Quote Originally Posted by Julie Denier View Post
    I began scrolling down this thread not knowing how I'd answer, but I think this sums it up for me, too. I love being a guy -- quite comfortable and secure, wouldn't want that to change. But there's something about the ritual of dressing that's all at once thrilling, erotic and comforting ... it's hard to get enough of it.
    Me too. I enjoy being a guy but I love the way I look as Eloise. My problem is I get tired of it after about 4 hours and usually change back into mens clothes. Maybe if I had the nerve to expand out of the bedroom to the great outdoors it would be better but I doubt it.. Ellie