Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Your Reasons for dressing?

I have given this a lot of thought over the last six months. I can't come up with a why for love or money. I read online, not sure which site, I think maybe renderer eyes.com something to the affect of "don't worry about why you do it, just have fun with it. This resonated big with me and I quit wondering and am just having fun!

There is definitely a sexual component. *giggles* we are acting like a couple of teenagers. There is something more though. If it were just a fetish I wouldn't be wanting capris or dresses and skirts. It would only be about the lingerie bplease don't misunderstand me, I do love lingerie. But I also love putting on an outfit, (I have several to choose from now that are appropriate for my age and station)? And going about my daily routine.

Hug
    Rita
    A person should wear what he likes to. And not just what other folks say. A person should be who she likes to. A person's a person that way!
    ~Marlo Thomas~

I really can't give you a specific reason why, other than to say it is so relaxing and comfortable, that it is the most enjoyable thing in my life. It is not sexual, just the way life should be for me.
    Stephanie

Supressing my gender made me sad; expressing my gender makes me happy. I could come up with all sorts of other reasons and etiological speculations but in the end it's really as simple as that.
    Last edited by AshleyW; 07-11-2013 at 10:14 PM. Reason: spelling
    "Butterflies and zebras and moonbeams and fairytales"
    You can read my blog if you like, or peruse my photos if you feel like it.

I'm a miss-assighned lesbian... So for me dressing is about putting things at least some-what back into alignment. (now if only I could afford HRT and SRS)

I crossdressed in order to reinforce the feeling of being female; the visual and tactile input told me what I was feeling was accurate. It was a conditioned response to something that happened to me during a stage of development where my gender identity was being formed. I'm currently on a sabatical from crossdressing. two months and counting.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

It is fun, relaxing and when I was young I was a girl along with the rest of my group.
    They were all girls and I had a fantastic relationship with the group.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

If I went outside undress I would be arrested.
    Fulfilling a Lifetime Dream of Living as a Woman in My Adult Years. Ten Years Living 24/7 as a Mature Lady

My Love of Cat's Eye Frames, Bangles, Red Lipstick, Nails, & Cheeks, Comes From My Mother - An Irish Beauty

I'm Always Rainbow Proud

I crossdress because it is fun and makes me feel relaxed, peaceful and calm.

As to why crossdressing does that for me... I have no idea. I've given up trying to analyze it and now I just enjoy it.

My reasons for dressing might be somewhat different from most. I have no SO, I'm older and don't have that many people in my life that would be impacted by learning about my hidden life style. Perhaps it's a chance to escape a male personae that has too much baggage to it, perhaps to have a chance to be someone else, someone who is new and without all those negative vibes... I can't say right now, but someday I may have the answers. One thing is sure though. Since I have been moving more and more into dressing, it has become a very positive thing. I'm now more focused than ever before. Focused on getting in shape, losing weight, eating right, taking care of my body in every way. Now, my skin is clearer, my hair more luxurious, my attitude more positive and my friends more real and caring. Yes, there may be negative things ahead, but what dressing has given me is so much more than any difficulties I will face. I sincerely believe this.

A lady in the making..... Erica Marie's Avatar
    Oh. I didnt know I needed a reason either. My bad, I just figure if I feel like a girl on the inside why cant I look like one on the outside. Is it my fault my birth cetificate says boy? I guess in these modern times they need to change the form and have you fill it in later in life.
    Boy( )
    Girl ( )
    Other ( )

Im going with other (x)
    Erica

For me its to explore my fem side, I have more fem attributes that I want to explore.

CLOTHES, CLOTHES, CLOTHES AND MORE CLOTHES. Oh did I mention it is the clothes? Daviolin
    [SIZE="6"]
    [/SIZE]
    A CD AND HIS WARDROBE, ITS A BEAUTIFUL THING.

Makeup addict!
    Good question.

Personally, I love women's clothes as much as women do. Women's fashion is just something I've grown to love

As for the becoming a women aspect, I find it fun to put on a new face and be a different person. There is something about the appearance of a woman that I admire and like to emulate

Banned Read only
    Because I love getting in a womans panties, if not hers then mine, and a lot of the above reasons too.

It makes me happy!
    I've tried suppressing my dressing and it really gets me down and depressed! Its bad enough when im working and so forth.
    My goal is to go full time, but whether that is realistically possible, is another question...
    All I know is that im happy when dressed and expressing my femininity (not all overboard girly though).

I've got lots of reasons from the past but they all have evolved into...."I like expanding the boundaries of my expression and all of the feelings that accompany that".

it was sexual at first..most of us go though that but now its just to feel pretty.

I have been dressing up like I do for over 25 years, since I was old enough to walk around the house without direct supervision of my parents. I explored my mom's closet, saw a dress and knew I wanted to wear it. SoI did. And it's been like that since. At first it wasn't a sexual thing, it just made me feel REALLY good when I did it, and when I came of age when I started to notice girls it took this weird direction. Now everytime I do it, well, things get hard. There has been a few times where I have sex while doing it so part of my brain associates sex with crossdressing, even if its just me putting on a really pretty dress and swooshing around the house like an idiot full of glee. Why do any of us do what we do? Because we do.
    "Some people might suggest that I'm a closest-case Male to Female Crossdresser. I simply inform them that the doors to Narnia are open. Are you comfortable enough to take a trip through the armoire?"

Visit my Facebook! Add me! I need friends! <3 - http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1360871615

Quote Originally Posted by ArleneRaquel View Post
    If I went outside undress I would be arrested.
    Arlene - Now that I would pay to see. If we get a collection together would you film it? Ellie

Ellie,
    You bad sis, but you are my kind of bad.
    Fulfilling a Lifetime Dream of Living as a Woman in My Adult Years. Ten Years Living 24/7 as a Mature Lady

My Love of Cat's Eye Frames, Bangles, Red Lipstick, Nails, & Cheeks, Comes From My Mother - An Irish Beauty

I'm Always Rainbow Proud

When young I was drawn to my moms lingerie tried it on and it felt wonderful! I felt guilty though. today 50 years later I just love dressing up lingerie, dresses, heels, wig and make up! It feels wonderful, I love how I look and I do not feel guilty or ashamed and thats why I do it! Best feeling ever

I angered the gods and was condemned to the Sisyphean (sissyphean!?) absurdity of crossdressing where I climb the heights of "femininity" and, just when "she" is within reach, I come crashing back to my "masculine" reality. I'm condemned to repeat this forever.

It could be worse, I guess.

i love the feel and look of women's clothes and how my body changes when I put on a corset and bra. I also feel very sexy in women's clothes. I also love all of the accessories, the makeup and the jewelry.

While some of the responses as to the beginning of their lifestyles are different, there seems to be a key reason as to why everyone keeps on doing it - simply because it feels right and they like it. I'm really trying to understand CD men, and though I'm not a Cross-dresser, I am really enjoying reading everyone's different responses.

I had a fetish for women's lingerie & nylons. The only way I could see them on a regular basis was to wear them myself. After so many years of dressing it became natural to have them on. I felt more comfortable in a skirt than trousers. As I said in my previous posts I do not try to look like a woman. I do not use jewellery, make-up, brassieres (I have nothing to put in them, and falsies are uncomfortable) or women's shoes. I consider myself a man, who just likes to dress differently than almost all other men. Even though the fetish aspect is now mostly gone, I am still more comfortable and relaxed in a skirt. As I said above I do not try to look like a woman and therefore I have no desire to go out. I have gone out on my balcony, front porch to pick up my newspaper and mail, just look around to see if the street is clear. There is not much pedestrian traffic in front of my house, mostly cars going by. I have gone on my back porch at night when my neighbours are asleep. I even dared to go on the sidewalk in front of my house, very late at night, and walked a few steps in both directions.
    I would like to mention that I fully support the efforts of my friends here who try to fully emulate women and even venture shopping, clubs and driving en femme. Judging by the photos in the gallery many are so successful that they look more like women, than some women do. I'm sure it takes a lot of dedication and effort to achieve such looks. Kudos to you.