Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Please STOP me from shaving my legs..... UGGGGG

Please STOP me from shaving my legs..... UGGGGG

So, this morning I decided to see what it would be like to shave my legs. I figured it would be a terrible experience and I would go thru 10 razor blades etc. I only did the top part of my legs up to my knees and I stopped. Holly CRAP I'm loving it. I even got to dress and wear stay-up nylons and they actually stay up and it looks so frigen sexy looking down and not having to wear 2 pairs of nylons. Now, I'm going to be going out tomorrow en femme and I'm dying to shave the rest of my legs. It will be a major step for me and I'm not sure how the wife will feel. She HATES hair as much as I do and I already shave my chest and arms and she likes that. The only problem is that I'm a fitness instructor and I'm not sure if people will notice and what they will think and/or say. I was thinking if someone asks I would say that I got something on my leg and tried getting it off and when I did I made it look worse so I had no choice but to shave it all off.

Ladies, what do I do????

Julie and I just removed the vast majority of my hair. Back, legs, arms, chest, all smooth as, well, as smooth as a 50 year old man can get. This was yet another step prompted by my wife. I probably would have just walked around looking like corporal Klinger.

OMG I can't believe how great it is! So far nobody has noticed. At least nobody has been like "dude you got no hair"

Hug
    Rita
    A person should wear what he likes to. And not just what other folks say. A person should be who she likes to. A person's a person that way!
    ~Marlo Thomas~

My advice is to go for it. If you already shave your chest and arms, it won't look so odd if your legs are shaved. You can always say you did it so the bottom matches the top. Also, since you are a fitness instructor, you probably have some fit legs, and they would look even better shaved.
    Remember, if it causes you problems, it will grow back.

Don't do it ,,, Get some Neet an take it ALL OFF ,,,

the only real problem I found is once you start you will have to shave forever. but there is nothing like it.
    my sister's reply when I told her how I prefer to dress

"Everyone has there thing, all that matters is that you are happy, love what you do and who you do it with"

"Did you shave your legs?"
    "Yep."
    "Oh, okay."

Go for it!

I gave up on shaving because hair grew back so quickly. I went to waxing and now I have a total body wax and I use a depilator to keep the interval between waxing as long as possible. One piece of advice is to exfoliate and make sure to use a good antibiotic to keep down bacterial infections that cause red dot. I had terrible trouble with little but unsightly pore infections. Now, before my waxing session I make sure that I have exfoliated and I use Hibiclens soap to make sure that the natural skin bacteria are under control.
    Once you have hairless legs and keep them that way, they brown up a little in the sun and nobody really notices. It becomes the new normal as they say. I am a keen cyclist and so my backup story was that I wanted clean hairless legs like the pros. If you think it is great to have the top part shaved you will be delighted with the effect of being totally hairless and those stockings will feel great and look fantastic on you.

I just got my 1st of the year summer wax last Saturday and I'm also shaving so theres nothing left! haha!

BTW people do notice. Will they say anything?

Maybe

3 people have made comments in the last year.

Do I care? Not really.

I wish I could, I work construction and wear shorts all summer long and you guessed it the male population of a construction site is less than kind to anything different.
    So I wait for the fall / winter season to adjust my leg hair to the appropriate length, which is gone.

Neddy

Shaved my legs the last 7-8 years. No comments yet.

Started laser hair removal a couple months ago on my chest and abs, underarms, etc. Good results so far. I hate body hair.

Thw best thing to do with long leg hair is to take a pair of hair clippers to the hair and get as close of a cut as u can with them, then shave them with a razor, it will save on how many razors u go through
    Put your heels on and walk with your head held high!!

terrapin station, you need to guess a little bit
    I would say to go for it too. I have seen these threads before. I am just waiting for someone to post how much peer pressure there and you are just forced to succumb to whatever everyone else wants you to do.

Addicted To Lipstick donnatracey's Avatar
    There is nothing like freshly shaven legs! Have been doing so for the past few years and have had no comments at all. Sure, someone might notice but no one says anything. I too am a cyclist and like them shaved in case (fingers crossed) I have a mishap and scrape up my lovely legs... The thought of all those hairs and cuts mingling together...ouch! Plus it's aerodynamically better.....

I'm going to echo a lot of the other comments here and say just go for it! They're your legs and if that's how you like it then keep them like you want.

I've been going to the gym for over a year now with shaved legs and never a comment. I did get one look from a guy once but that's it, and he didn't say anything. I also change clothes at work in a locker room with a bunch of other co-workers and no one there has said anything either.

If someone does say something just tell them you like it better that way, it's really not totally uncommon anymore anyway. I notice guys with hairless legs quite a bit actually.

I have had clean legs for a very long time. Rarely will anyone notice. I have kept my armpits clean for the same time period . If anyone does notice they rarely comment. And if they do I tell them it is more hygenic to have my armpit shaven in the summer. The hard part is getting over your self conscious feelings.

Go for it. You are a fitness instructor. It will be natural.
    "When failure is off the table the only thing left is to negotiate levels of success" M Hobbes

"Never Let your Fear Decide Your Fate" Awolnation

"A new dawn destroys the tranquility of the darkness" Steph W

I trim mine back because when I wear socks the long hairs get pulled and its painful. I also do water sports and any hair that touches the water gets pulled on.
    Chickie

When I got my eyebrows waxed recently, the lady asked why I get them done. I just said "there is a reason but lets just say personal preference".

Nothing beats a great pair of leg(g)s said an old commercial. I save often as I love to show off.
    Fulfilling a Lifetime Dream of Living as a Woman in My Adult Years. Ten Years Living 24/7 as a Mature Lady

My Love of Cat's Eye Frames, Bangles, Red Lipstick, Nails, & Cheeks, Comes From My Mother - An Irish Beauty

I'm Always Rainbow Proud

Every spring, when I start wearing shorts most of the time, my legs are white as snow. You'll also notice the same thing when you shave for the first time - hair darkens your legs and you don't notice if you don't have a tan. Even if you do have a tan before you shave, the difference will be dramatic at first. This is what people stare at... your white legs, not the fact that they are shaved. So, I always use a little leg and body makeup for the first few weeks until my tan deepens. Then, not a person will notice, and you'll have beautiful, smooth, tanned legs... hopefully nice enough not to have to wear hose of any kind with that nice mini-skirt. Just make sure you use a good moisturizer each night before beddie-bye.

I think a fitness instructor would have the best reasons for shaving his legs -- less sweat, makes the legs look better when you demonstrate moves, more sanitary if you get hurt, etc. Don't hesitate!

- Diane

Well, i couldn't fight the urge and I shaved the legs. It def. looks and feels completely different. Hopefully the wife doesn't kill me but I'm thinking she'll prob. prefer it this way.

Anyways, here are a few pictures of my accomplishment.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Stunning legs and figure. Those shoes are to die for. Thanks for sharing.
    Fulfilling a Lifetime Dream of Living as a Woman in My Adult Years. Ten Years Living 24/7 as a Mature Lady

My Love of Cat's Eye Frames, Bangles, Red Lipstick, Nails, & Cheeks, Comes From My Mother - An Irish Beauty

I'm Always Rainbow Proud

Good move,Gina.looks great.One of my favorite parts of dressing is smooth,hairless legs.I'll never go back.And I've never had anyone say anything about it.

Just shave the legs and deal with the explanations if needed.
    They rarely are.
    The taller the story the more convincing it can sound.
    Even make a joke about it, it is no big deal these days.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

My Ship has sailed? Barbara Ella's Avatar
    Glad you shaved. You will never go back. Besides, without hair you get to show off your handiwork, and give your clients something to shoot for, and easier to see.

Barbara
    He (she) who would learn to fly one day must first learn to stand and walk and run and climb and dance.
    - Friedrich Nietzche -
    I may never get to fly like the other girls, but I do so want to dance, so I continue to climb.