Thread: Buying Panties Again

Buying Panties Again

So I have been meaning to shop for some panties from the intimates section for a while now. However, it has been a long time since I last bought stuff and now the dynamics have changed. I live in a very closely knit community and the chances of me seeing someone I know are very high. I literally walked into a store today and just turned around. Buying online and going to a different store far away aren't really an option. I'm pretty sure you guys have experienced this before. What is the best way to go about doing this? Keep in mind I am young and see a lot of people that go to the same college as me working at the places I would be shopping at. It sucks too because a lot of the stores around here have a massive selection.

Quote Originally Posted by Double Sided Card View Post
    Buying online and going to a different store far away aren't really an option.
    Why? How far away is the next town that has stores?

First, go shopping during hours when there aren't many other shoppers. Early in the morning or near closing time. During the week, not the weekend.
    Next, pick out a men's shirt before going to the lingerie section. Quickly pick out a few panties and conceal them with the shirt as you walk to the cashier.

Good luck!

It's sad that so many of us are 'in the closet'. As long as it's a secret, it is you who has a problem. If you could get to the point where you don't care what people think, then, if they don't like it, it is they who have a problem, not you. Screw em. Find out who your friends really are!! I feel much better about myself for having the courage to be me. It's much better than deceiving people into thinking your someone you are not. Major rewards if you come out with it. You can wear anything you want and go anywhere you want while wearing it!

That for some is much easier said than done and think most here understand that......
    Quote Originally Posted by aalynn88 View Post
    It's sad that so many of us are 'in the closet'. As long as it's a secret, it is you who has a problem. If you could get to the point where you don't care what people think, then, if they don't like it, it is they who have a problem, not you. Screw em. Find out who your friends really are!! I feel much better about myself for having the courage to be me. It's much better than deceiving people into thinking your someone you are not. Major rewards if you come out with it. You can wear anything you want and go anywhere you want while wearing it!

Silver Member
    It is uncomfortable having the stigma of possibly being caught buying femme items, especially in the beginning, but you can do this, shop in any store, in any department, buying anything you like as long as you have the $, and be assured the "gender" police are not going to do you harm! Why should anyone care - SA's or customers as to what you are buying? Always be comfortable and confident in who you are, and enjoy your femme side.

I don't get it. What is the problem with buying on line? We're talking about panties here. You know your size, the colors you like, just order them.

Or could it be a problem when the mail is delivered that someone might get the package and open it? I order mostly on line though I have purchased

panties and camisoles in stores.

Vieja

I just wait till the dynamics change and bust out again.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

(To Dee3)

First of all I still live with my parents. The stores aren't all too far away but I have no real reason to make the drive down there. Driving out far away is not like quickly picking up something while doing another errand in my own town. The biggest problem I have with going far away is having to make a lie about doing something I don't need to do to my family. Good advice though I might deploy that technique.

My biggest concern is seeing someone that goes to my college. Chances are very high that I may end up having them in a class. Also its even more embarrassing to me to buy stuff from a sales associate who is cute and my age. The entire reason I dress is purely for fetish reasons, so, I don't really feel the need to come out to anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Chari View Post
    It is uncomfortable having the stigma of possibly being caught buying femme items, especially in the beginning, but you can do this, shop in any store, in any department, buying anything you like as long as you have the $, and be assured the "gender" police are not going to do you harm! Why should anyone care - SA's or customers as to what you are buying? Always be comfortable and confident in who you are, and enjoy your femme side.
    I guess you could say at one point I did have an unpleasant encounter with the "gender police". Pretty much what happened was that I was shopping and looked really nervous and this one lady turned and stared at me and all of a sudden customer service became very good. (Which is used as a sales technique to prevent stealing) I'm thinking that this happened because they thought I was going to take something from the women's section.

Quote Originally Posted by Vieja View Post
    I don't get it. What is the problem with buying on line? We're talking about panties here. You know your size, the colors you like, just order them.

Or could it be a problem when the mail is delivered that someone might get the package and open it? I order mostly on line though I have purchased

panties and camisoles in stores.

Vieja
    The only means i have through purchasing items on line is through my credit card which is not ultimately mine but linked to my parents. If I were to buy something I am afraid they will know about it.

Sounds like you are young and reliant on your parents, etc., and will just have to wait until you are more independent. In the meantime you may have to be satisfied with cheap cotton panties you can get in a drugstore. Not very sexy, but they are women's.

Have you thought of renting a P.O. box in a nearby town? Also, you can buy prepaid credit cards or link a checking account to PayPal to keep your transaction private, at least from your parents. (Not sure about the NSA [big smile])
    When writing the next chapter in your life, start with a pencil and eraser - my first page as Miki is full of eraser marks.

Honestly, it gets easier if you try to forget about what people think. I say just dive in head first, get what you want, and leave. It gets easier the more you do it. There is also a little thrill when doing it. Good luck and enjoy.

Not to be too cavalier about this, but somehow this reminds me of my teenage days when we would hang outside a liquor store for some adult to go in and buy beer for us. (lol) All kidding aside though - I'm not young and I still am intimidated when I shop. I do have one little technique though... I carry a large index card with all the items I'm looking for and I refer to it constantly as I shop...looking puzzled by the process and hopefully looking like I'm picking up these items for a friend or wife (I even told one clerk that the items were for my daughter, who had a broken leg and couldn't get out to shop... not!) And go early in the day early in the week. Have fun!

It's sad that so many of us are 'in the closet'. As long as it's a secret, it is you who has a problem.
    If CDing were totally accepted it might not be as much fun for some of us. I'd be singing BB King's "The Thrill is gone" with new lyrics!

Addicted To Lipstick donnatracey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mikiSJ View Post
    Have you thought of renting a P.O. box in a nearby town? Also, you can buy prepaid credit cards or link a checking account to PayPal to keep your transaction private, at least from your parents. (Not sure about the NSA [big smile])
    OP said it was too far to make special trips to buy panties so suspect riding to another town to check for occasional mail would be even more so (and not cost-effective). Plus, PO boxes are not cheap to rent, esp for someone young and living at home....$$$ better spent on panties if it were that easy....

Quote Originally Posted by Double Sided Card View Post
    My biggest concern is seeing someone that goes to my college. Chances are very high that I may end up having them in a class. Also its even more embarrassing to me to buy stuff from a sales associate who is cute and my age. The entire reason I dress is purely for fetish reasons, so, I don't really feel the need to come out to anyone.
    What, are you afraid they will make fun of you? Your not in high school any more. I think most grown-ups realize that the person making fun of someone is the one with issues. Some people have to 'cut the heads off others to make themselves feel taller' if you know what I mean. Anyone who would make fun of you must feel inferior in some way so they would take it out on you. I think most people would admire your courage and support you should you come out. Your parents are still going to love you reguardless and as far as the sales clerk, don't be embarrassed. Be proud of who you are! It doesn't matter what the reason for your dressing.

It is much more embarrassing buying panties when I go to a store dressed in my man clothes. When I'm dressed completely as a woman, I don't feel out of place at all. I'm just another girl buying my pretty panties!! Just be sure you have 'it' strapped down really good because the lingerie section can be VERY exciting!!! LOL