Thread: Helpful Wives and Girlfriends

Helpful Wives and Girlfriends

One of my friends divorced last year after a long marriage. Although cross dressing wasn't the whole reason it surely was one of them. In the last year she has blossomed and began growing.

She met an accepting women and is happy. But now she has the opposite problem she had with her wife.

Her girlfriend seems to have taken on the role of over zealous coach and mentor. To her girlfriends credit she looks great, lost a lot of weight, stopped smoking and drinking. Has a grown her hair, and developed a classic sense of fashion. My friend was a a closet cross dresser a year ago and now with the exception of work my friend is now basically living as a women. She is happy but also is concern that maybe has been caught up in this too quickly. Nowadays instead of criticism about cross dressing, she gets admonished for dressing male! She's a level headed girl and is in therapy

I am happy for her and I am sure she will find her way

Has anyone every gone thru a similar situation where your wife or girlfriend was super helpful?

My wife is accepting of Jill and does help me with shopping and feedback on my feminine voice and behavior, but would never want me to live full time as Jill. She loves my male side too much.

Paula,Your friend's wife needs a Barbie doll to dress and boss around!
    It SURE is my hair ! I have the receipt and the box it came in !

G/F (fiancé actually) is totally supportive, encouraging and helpful. We have good communication, we have discussed it and she is comfortable with any amount of dressing. She requests it sometimes but doesn't insist. With her help, my look has been gradually getting a little better. We have a great time shopping for clothes, shoes etc. and also spend a lot of time doing boy stuff (like when she helped me remodel my kitchen and put a lift kit on my truck). She is the only woman I have ever met who was truly down for anything and that's one of the reasons I love her.

Platinum Member
    Hi Paula, That sounds like a case of ( Be careful what you wish for ) keep us advised of her progress.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

My wife does not push me to dress. She accepts it, that's about all. Nothing negative but nothing positive either. We do shop together and she helps me to pick out what would look good on me.

I'm really surprised and a little suspicious when I read about wives who push their husbands to dress as women. It just seems too good to be true. Anyone who is truly in that situation (and wants to be) is very lucky indeed.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda

My wife has been amazing through this period of discovery for both of us. She pushes me to test my comfort level. We're it not for her I'm sure things like make up, wig, and forms would be far far in the future, if ever. She also encourages me in getting out and about. As she's encouraging me to go farther she also tries to remain sensitive to what I'm ready and able to do. "If you don't want to do this..." I hear almost as much as "keep your toes pointed straight forward". She is my source of strentgh and power.

Hug
    Rita
    Last edited by Princess Grandpa; 07-16-2013 at 09:21 AM.
    A person should wear what he likes to. And not just what other folks say. A person should be who she likes to. A person's a person that way!
    ~Marlo Thomas~

Platinum Member
    Gosh, seems like you can't please some people. My wife has been supportive but not heavily involved in any particular aspect. I guess I'd welcome this level os support , but to each her own.

My GF/SO totally supports and encourages which is OK with me.

I met my present GF about 5 years ago now and she only knew Dana the first couple of months. She is enthusiastically encouraging for me being Dana because she prefers Dana to the guy side. When we started living together we had to work out how I would be a male at times due to work around the house or working at a job. Sometimes with the time involved becoming Dana was not going to always happen so she had to get use to the male side. In the past couple of years, with the chance to dress and present as Dana during the work week doing a lot of volunteer work with the Pride center and TG Support groups, so at the end of the day, all I really want to do is get into comfortable clothes and lose the bra! So for us I think we are still communicating the balance each of us needs, as the changes for each occur. Since relationships and individuals are dynamic in their growth, talking with each other is obviously an important thing so you can grow together. I would guess that your friends will find their compromise as they move forward. Here is hoping they are successful!

Dana
    Last edited by Dana921; 07-16-2013 at 09:33 AM.
    [SIZE="3"]Dana Rachael Stevens

The person I have always wanted to be, is within me!
    [/SIZE]

Is the girlfriend a bit bi? This would explain it. Maybe.
    Could be...he is the best of both worlds to her. Amazing boyfriend--and--wonderful attractive girlfriend. Sweet girltalk--and he can change a flat tire.

Quote Originally Posted by JenniferR771 View Post
    Could be...he is the best of both worlds to her. Amazing boyfriend--and--wonderful attractive girlfriend. Sweet girltalk--and he can change a flat tire.
    I think Jennifer has maybe hit it on the head. That definitely would be a great situation for the girlfriend. Mu wife though is very supporting but tells me to be careful and not go out where any of our kids are or close friends. She says play all I want at the house and wear what I want under male mode clothes. I really wouldn't like your friends situation though. I like to experiment on my own 75% of the time, just by myself enjoy the getting dressed and going into Jaylyn make believe world. I do not want the feelings I get from dressing to become the way it feels when I dressing in male mode. I want my dressing to stay exciting. My wife says she gets no thrill from wearing makeup, a bra, hose, heels and a dress. I want Jaylyn to never began feeling just the humdrum dressing. Hope this makes some sense and you friend doesn't start getting to the point of the drudgery of having to dress.

I'm very happy to say my wife shows great concern about my state of mind and accepts my needs to show my feminine side when I need to. She does not push me to be feminine but when I am she is very supportive. It brings a great balance to our relationship

My wife is very supportive. She's a bit scared if we go out together and I'm dressed. Understandable. So am I. We go shopping together and the other day we brought home her wedding dress. She asked if I wanted to try it on. I will for sure. It has a royal train. 9 ft long. Yeah, I sure will.

Gwendolyn

Banned Read only
    This angel crossed my mind too! A girlfriend with a real penis rather than plastic or latex? It seems most women who are supportive of their boyfriend's/husband's cross dressing would want a male in the bedroom. Fooling around girl on girl once in a while might be fun, but, all the time? It also sounds as if the woman may be a little too controlling. Giving up my male side is not an option for me, even if my wife was supportive and wanted me to dress around her on occasion.

Quote Originally Posted by JenniferR771 View Post

I just told my GF a few weeks ago so she's still fairly confused at this whole thing. Even though its been only a few weeks she likes to look at my pictures after I'm done dressing up. Even just this morning she was showing me the type of eye liner she uses that has an easy application.

She's warming up to it for sure. We'll be best GF's soon enough I think
    Just half girl !
    Skype: hallielynnn - fb.com/hallie.lynn.9 (add me friends!)

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Maybe her GF thinks she is helping but going too far too fast.She should tell her how she feels.
    I know women and men that just take things too far not realizing what they are doing.
    An example I have a male friend that will date a girl a few months then talk marriage and moving in together.He takes things too far too fast.

I've been in that situation too, but only in my dreams.

Carol
    My name is Carol.

My girlfriends were super helpful before I got married.
    I had a wonderful time.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.