Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stalled car in traffic while dressed

Stalled car in traffic while dressed

Anyone ever stalled out in traffic while dressed and had to be pushed to the side? As I drive a 1979 Chrysler daily, its happened to this chick-a-dee often.....

Thoughts welcomed?

Lynn

Bet it is hard to push any car in heels, especially the taller ones...

I do not like gtting caught short at ny time.
    I did have to push my car to the side of the road by myself once.
    I was going out and was dressed formally.
    Took the high heels off and shredded the nylons on the feet.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

The fact it happens often leads me to believe you want to have it happen and find it exciting. I would too! I've driven around at night only in lingerie, hose and heels and have often wondered what would happen if I broke down or were to be pulled over by a policeman.

that will be a real nightmare for me. Onetime a woman driver almost hit me at an intersection when she did not make a complete stop and then she had the nerve to call me a bitch.

Nice to know ol Lynnie isn't alone out here on this topic....

Not yet, thankfully, but many, many times in drab! That would be so embarrassing to me!

Silver Member
    maybe it is time for a new car?

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Get a tune up LOL.

Nice observation.....lack of $$$ at the present time and would require me to cut back on my thrift store shopping if I had to do that.....

Quote Originally Posted by Lacyfem View Post
    The fact it happens often leads me to believe you want to have it happen and find it exciting. I would too! I've driven around at night only in lingerie, hose and heels and have often wondered what would happen if I broke down or were to be pulled over by a policeman.
    Gotta ask- Why? Just don't ever say CDs don't get tolerance and understanding.

Silver Member
    you know that really is pretty insane....lol yeah if you got pulled over or in an accident that would be pretty embarrassing.

why would ya care if you got pulled over or in an accident that way? I have been seen by police that way in the car.....

79 Chrysler...wow. Isn't that a collectors car now?

Doesn't matter how old, in fact I think the newer cars are scarier in that aspect. Those computer chips go out without notice.
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

It is Lorileah.

But try starting an old carbed chrysler on a cold winters day sweetie....its a challenge at times.....

It nearly happened to me. Although I was only partially dressed and it was at night. Very obvious women's trousers with a male jacket over the rest. The car started overheating, so I pulled over fortunately in a nice part of town. But I was hoping no one would stop and offer help. No idea what was wrong. When it cooled I limped to my friends house hoping it wouldn't die altogether.

Had a very 'interesting' pleasant evening with a very nice guy, but that's another story.

Later he topped up the radiator for me, delighted to be the knight in shining armour and me delighted to be a damsel for once. I made it home OK. Turned out to be a blown headgasket. Don't buy a Fiat.

In retrospect it was exciting and almost enjoyable in a scary way. Funny thing, if it happened now. I would brazen it out.

I wouldn't worry about being stopped by cops either. They've seen it all so mostly wouldn't bat an eyelid. Even if it was a sergeant friend of mine in this town. Actually she'd laugh. She's a Lesbian and fully out.

Yep...wouldnt worry with the cops either...they have seen me struggling with my old clunker- no big deal.

I thought i had a knight in shining armour not long ago one night when I was stranded for awhile....but he looked at me, laughed and left me there struggling. So Marie, your scenario was better mine!

Pedalpusher, and I both have old Dodge Chryslers. I have been driving a 1976 Dodge Aspen, since 2001. Before that, i drove a 77 Aspen for four years. I have had breakdowns fairly often, but usuallly can fix it myself. never broke down in drag yet. Got pulled over by a cop, though, all dolled up once.

Quote Originally Posted by andrea35 View Post
    that will be a real nightmare for me. Onetime a woman driver almost hit me at an intersection when she did not make a complete stop and then she had the nerve to call me a bitch.
    At least she called you a "bitch" instead of "asshole"

Must be a lot warmer in California, than Perth. At present its so cold in Perth that no tucking would be necessary. If you wore outer clothes over your undies the police couldnt do anything, but in undies you could be arrested for indecency and put in a cell with several hairy bikers...Please wear a skirt over your undies, the other option would be intollerable...Ellie

Gold Member
    Time to get a new or newer buggy; My Chevy always got me home.
    Rader

Silver Member
    Flat tire wearing 5 inch heels and a mini. Did not want to wait for AAA. Changed tire but ruined my heels in some roadside gravel. Had some interested viewers from a near-by B&B.

It was actually sort of fun to a degree. You always have to expect the unexpected to happen, be confident, use AAA, and/or have a quick change bag available.

At least I am not alone out here as Alice can relate to old Chrysler predicaments it sounds like.

Heather- I try to be as confident as possible when Im struggling in a parking lot, side of road or at home to get the car started!

Getting a newer car? If that's not an option, maybe getting it tuned up? I mean, what if your car stalls in around a rough neighborhood? It could be dangerous even while in drab. Food for thought.
    Last edited by Jana; 07-18-2013 at 06:11 AM.

Had it tuned with battery replaced back in January.....Thanks for the kind thoughts! very sweet of you