Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Stalled car in traffic while dressed

Quote Originally Posted by Lorileah View Post
    ........... Doesn't matter how old, in fact I think the newer cars are scarier in that aspect. Those computer chips go out without notice.
    I suppose they might, but I've been around long enough to have owned and driven a 1950 Studebaker and I can say for sure that new cars are much more reliable abd trouble free than cars were back in the day.

Also, a 2007 Toyota Camry would be a lot easier to push than a 1979 Chrysler!

But to answer the original question, No, I've never had my car stall in traffic while dressed. I once heard the "thump, thump" of a flat tire, but when I pulled over and looked. I had run over part of a plastic hub cap and it was stuck in the tread of the tire. I pulled it out and all was well.
    Last edited by linda allen; 07-18-2013 at 08:44 AM.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda

Hey I got a 1980 K car I could let you have for a good price ... Its newer and You can almost push it almost as fast as it goes when it was new

Joann- How much? How well does it start and run?

I'm wishing to be her SANDRA MICHELLE's Avatar
    I had a situation once out in Naperville, Il. I was stopped at a red light and a guy slammed into the rear of my car, hit me so hard it knocked my wig off. Quickly put it back on and composed myself and got out to check the damage. He gave me all his insurance info and D.L. # before the police arrived, once they showed up I told the officer we had everything worked out so we didn't need to waste his time. Of course I was in a very short skirt and cute little top and had all my make-up just right, still looked like a guy dressed like a girl but who cares. I never let shit get me down that I can't control, I also don't let anyone rain on my parade, lifes too short for that.
    I want to be this girl!

Driving in heels is not easy, I always have a pair of flat shoes in the car to use.

Quote Originally Posted by tvfaye View Post
    Driving in heels is not easy, I always have a pair of flat shoes in the car to use.
    I've read that before, but when I bought my first pair of heels, I put them on in the car and had no trouble at all driving with them on.

It's possible that if you were involved in a very serious car crash, an opposing attorney might try to lay the blame on you wearing heels and driving, but these people are looking for anything to shift the blame.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda

Quote Originally Posted by linda allen View Post
    I've read that before, but when I bought my first pair of heels, I put them on in the car and had no trouble at all driving with them on.

It's possible that if you were involved in a very serious car crash, an opposing attorney might try to lay the blame on you wearing heels and driving, but these people are looking for anything to shift the blame.
    Linda you ever had a car that wouldnt start while you were wearing your heels?

Quote Originally Posted by pedalpusher View Post
    Linda you ever had a car that wouldnt start while you were wearing your heels?
    Nope. I've only been out a few times and I had a "boy bag" with me. If I had actually had a flat tire I would have changed into my "boy" clothes before changing it.

I posted above about the reliability of newer cars. I've only once had a vehicle (I have a car and a truck) fail to start in the past twenty years or so. When I was young and driving older cars, it happened many, many times. I had cars that had to be parked on a hill so I could roll down the hill and let the clutch out to start them. I once had a car that would only start after the sun had been up a couple hours.

Nope. I've only been out a few times and I had a "boy bag" with me. If I had actually had a flat tire I would have changed into my "boy" clothes before changing it.

I posted above about the reliability of newer cars. I've only once had a vehicle (I have a car and a truck) fail to start in the past twenty years or so. When I was young and driving older cars, it happened many, many times. I had cars that had to be parked on a hill so I could roll down the hill and let the clutch out to start them. I once had a car that would only start after the sun had been up a couple hours.
    So with that said- did you ever have to start pumping the gas pedal to get those older cars started for you years ago?

So with that said- did you ever have to start pumping the gas pedal to get those older cars started for you years ago?
    I had to get out and crank them!

No, I'm kidding. Yes, pumping the gas pedal was one trick to starting some of the old cars. Another thing was to push the gas pedal to the floor and hold it there while cranking the engine. This cleared the excess gas if you had flodded the carburator (got too much gas in it).

My Studebakers had the engine start switch on the floor under the clutch pedal. You turned the key on, pushed in the clutch, then pushed harder to crank the engine.

I'm assuming you're old enough to know what a "clutch" is on a car. It's not a small purse.

I had to get out and crank them!

No, I'm kidding. Yes, pumping the gas pedal was one trick to starting some of the old cars. Another thing was to push the gas pedal to the floor and hold it there while cranking the engine. This cleared the excess gas if you had flodded the carburator (got too much gas in it).

My Studebakers had the engine start switch on the floor under the clutch pedal. You turned the key on, pushed in the clutch, then pushed harder to crank the engine.

I'm assuming you're old enough to know what a "clutch" is on a car. It's not a small purse.
    Lol- love your "clutch" comment.....yes I know what it is sweetie....although I do have some of those purses doll.

As my daily driver today is a '79 chrysler- I know all too well how difficult it can be to pumping the gas to get it started while in my heels or wedges and upon occasion do have to kick them off while trying to get the old girl to fire for me. Yep- have had to hold the pedal many a times to the floor from flooding the carb- then you start praying your battery holds up to the challenge of that!

So, you never cranked the older cars in your heels Linda?

Lynn

Lol- love your "clutch" comment.....yes I know what it is sweetie....
    We sometimes assume things when we communicate with people we don't know. A friend's daughter asked him a few years ago after hearing about the Beatles - "So Paul McCartney was in a band before Wings?"

No cranking a car in heels. I've only had heels for a couple of years. The cars I have now start right up.

So why didn't you trade that 1979 car in under the "cash for clunkers" program a few years ago (assuming you live in the USA)?
    Last edited by linda allen; 07-19-2013 at 08:26 AM.

Because the cash I would get for my clunker really wouldnt help me buy another clunker (as thats all I can afford)....my back up car is a '72 Buick. Just cant afford anything else...

Anyone ever stalled out in traffic while dressed and had to be pushed to the side? As I drive a 1979 Chrysler daily, its happened to this chick-a-dee often.....

Thoughts welcomed?

Lynn
    I would make sure I look my best, and as passable as I can be anytime I am out in public. I am almost positive, if you're all dolled up, in no time, several nice men will stop to help you.

I had a flat once at night. Although I could replace it myself, I chose to take the opportunity and test the situation. I stood next to the car and waited. Within less than two minutes, a gentleman with his wife, stopped for me. He was a real gentleman. They were both very nice. He changed the tire for me.
    HURRY-UP, IN THE BACK SEAT!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Many years ago, that would be the thing to do. Sadly, in these times, there are people out there who would prey on the woman (or even a man) stuck on the side of the road with a disabled car.

pedalpusher, you've got to get yourself a better job!

Linda- I work for local government and right now we are being furloughed....so money is very tight- I hear you! That said, maybe if I cut my thrift store spending I would have more. Looks like for now its more starting fluid, battery charging, tap dancing on the gas and patience for this lady!

I guess you should look for a rich woman then!

or perhaps a man!

would a well-off CD work?
    HURRY-UP, IN THE BACK SEAT!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

No doubt.....love the caption at the bottom of screen....

Platinum Member
    Hi PP, Those bog heavy 79 Chryslers were even hard to push down grade..
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

So I guess you do a lot of pedal pushing?

Never stalled in traffic while dressed, but my car got me stranded in a parking lot one night. It wouldn't start and when I opened the hood and checked the battery, the terminal/post was so corroded that it broke right off and the cable fell off with the broken post stuck in it. I had too hoof it home in 5-inch heels, pink mini-skirt/tube-top combo, long blonde wig; my house was about 2 miles away. To make matters worse, it started raining, and a taxi pulled over then sped off when the driver realized I was not a real female. I had some boy clothes in my bag, so I went behind a building and did a quick change (t-shirt and shorts) and finally some gentleman pulled over and gave me a ride. He did mention that he saw me earlier walking (in my pink outfit) and was really cool about it. When I got home my shoes were destroyed.

Yes, it happened to me. I was returning home from walking downtown Nashville, TN. I came off the interstate & at the top of the ramp, the car just quit. I got out, in heels & a dress & started pushing. Out of nowhere, these 5 guys appear & start to push. One said to get in and steer, so I did. I'm thinking, oh no, what do I do now & being very afraid. They pushed me into a nearby gas station where the lights were very bright. They wanted to meet me but dressed as I was, there was NO WAY that was happening! I turned & locked all the doors and they left. I sat there 10 minutes & the car would still not start. I thought about a taxi but decided against it. So I took off my heels, left them in the car, grabbed my purse & walked the 7 miles home. No one seemed to take notice of me as I left the gas station. After that it was dark & I was able to take roads that had dimly lit sidewalks part of the way. This was easy on my feet & I walked normally. Just a lady on a late night stroll. After that part, there were no sidewalks & no lights. It was tougher going. It was late so there were very few cars. I hid whenever I heard cars coming. You can hear them a long distance away at night. Walked past a home that was having a loud party. Luckily no one saw me. Made it home safely about 3 AM with a ruined pair of pantihose. Later learned that the car had stopped from overheating - it was a a newer car, but a crack in the engine block caused it to leak. It was an adventure!