Thread: The Pill

The Pill

No, not the mythical magic pill that grows boobs or a vagina, what we need is a pill that stops the growth of facial hair (and nose and ear hair while we're at it).

It doesn't even have to be a pill, a lotion would be fine.

Think about it; there are products that promote hair growth (on the head) and there is even a product that promotes eyelash growth. Why not a product to retard or eliminate hair growth on the face or other body parts?

This would be something not just for crossdressers, but for any man who wants a clean shaven look but doesn't like to shave or has a problem shaving. And of course, there are women who might want to use it as well for controlling hair growth where hair is unwanted.

So for all the upcoming young chemists and medical researchers out ther, let's get cracking, time is wasting!
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda

Edgar Rice Burroughs envisioned something like this back in 1937 when Earth man Carson Napier went to Venus in the "Carson of Venus" book series. The Venusians had a salve that once applied to any part of the body eliminated that hair forever. Mostly used by their Priests on their heads, Carson used it to remain clean shaving. Don't think that when I read this book back in the 1960's I didn't consider using this, if it really existed, in connection with dressing.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    That sure would beat shaving.

there is a product for women that slows growth. I have tried it and it didn't seem to work for me (but a dermatology assistant recommended it again). It is prescription.
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

I always thought that something to retard hair growth would be a good idea. Even for a man who wanted to maintain a certain growth of beard. But let's be clear imagine how many people it would put out of work. The shaving industry is huge for both men and women. Not to mention hairdressing, barbers, hair removal etc, etc. So nobody is in any hurry to invent a potion of some sort. One of two things would happen for the person who developed this lotion or pill. They would become mega millionaires or be bought off for mega millions by a cabal of shaving companies.

It's a nice idea. But it won't happen. The closest we get is laser removal.

We aren't to discuss medications on this site, but there is a product called Eflora, which can inhibit the growth of hair. You might want to talk to your doctor about it.

The hard truth is that any effective hair removal requires, at minimum, some for of plucking. I grew out my facial hair until it was about an inch long, then waxed it off. Very effective and relatively cheap. Very bloody, very painful, and can leave your face red, bloody, and scarred for a few days. A creme with vitamin E, D, A, and Aloe will accelerate healing significantly. If possible, have someone else do it, because you will not want to do it to yourself after the first strip.

For more sensitive areas such as moustache, chin and upper neck, consider using tweezers. This is very cheap and very inexpensive. It's also painful. Once you get where you can tolerate the pain though, you can pull an area relatively clean in 30-40 minutes and most of the roots are destroyed.

If you have light skin and dark facial hair, the kind so many of us most want to get rid of, then consider laser. It's more expensive than wax, and it's also painful, but it's a good way to get things done permanently. With 3-5 treatments, you can get the problem areas pretty easily. I only needed my chin and neck done and the price was $200-$250 per session.

The last and most effective is electrolysis. There have been a number of newer techniques, including microwave, which make it easier to get a larger area in a smaller amount of time. It's slow, painful, and expensive. If you have areas where you have thick light hair that comes back quickly even after plucking or waxing, this is the best route to go. This is also the most permanent solution, so once you get electrolysis, it normally will never come back. The one rule however is that you must never shave again. If you do, the beard starts to grow again. You can wax (much less painful than male beard), and get touch-ups when needed. The biggest problem with electrolysis is that many people get pock marks and very large pores. It can make your face look a bit sand-blasted.

We all want the magic pill that will give us freeze dried instant microwave success, the one we can take and night and wake up as the beautiful bombshell with perfect hair, a perfect body, no facial hair, and big beautiful breasts. Even hormones don't work that way. A major change takes time and effort. If you want to lose weight, you have to diet and exercise. Those who do that, get the result they want - over time.
    Facebook - Debbie Lawrence
    Web - [URL="http://www.debbieballard.org"]DebbieBallard.org{/URL]
    See also:
    Open4Success

Silver Member
    Vaniqua (also known as Eflora) is the only topical recognized to retard hair growth, but even then it is only approved for GG facial hair (and even then, it does a very poor job given the cost, and only slows the growth and does not stop it.)

Shaving does not cause hair to grow or become thicker, it is a myth.

Properly performed electrolysis, followed up with proper aftercare, will not result in pits. Some lackluster technicians, especially those who are not familiar with working on male facial hair, may cause pits, but electrolysis itself does not have to result in pits.

M fairy godmother has not even conjoured up one for me yet.
    I think pigs might fly first.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

I read recently, that they had made some progress in finding out which enzyme(?) is involved in Male Pattern Baldness, and so, they felt a decent cure, or treatment, was not far away. I don't remember the details, but it occurred to me, that they could reverse that "cure" and use it to "inhibit' growth.

Hey, it might happen. I know there is a lot of money in shaving, waxing, laser etc. But if someone outside those industries came up with an alternative... They could scream about it, kinda like the buggy whip manufacturers did. With about the same result.
    "Normal is what you get when you average out the weirdness that everybody has." Quote from my SO

Normal is a setting on a washing machine, or another word for average.

The fact that I wear a skirt as a male should not be taken as a comment on what you do, or do not wear, or how you wear it.

With all this talk of hair I just have to post this... the ultimate hair song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7dyl0j3WU6Y

Yes I know about electrolysis, but that's a slow and expensive way to go. Worth it for transexuals or full time crossdressers, but probably not for most of us or non-crossdressing males.

I hadn't heard of Vaniqua (also known as Eflora), but again, probably not worth it for the part time crossdresser. It does sound like what I was thinking of in my original post but it would have to be inexpensive and over the counter to really fit most of our needs.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda

Quote Originally Posted by linda allen View Post
    I hadn't heard of Vaniqua (also known as Eflora), but again, probably not worth it for the part time crossdresser. It does sound like what I was thinking of in my original post but it would have to be inexpensive and over the counter to really fit most of our needs.
    Yup, that's what I hope for as well, I'm certain it will come, but not for some time I fear.
    "Normal is what you get when you average out the weirdness that everybody has." Quote from my SO

Normal is a setting on a washing machine, or another word for average.

The fact that I wear a skirt as a male should not be taken as a comment on what you do, or do not wear, or how you wear it.

I remember years ago there were products for men to remove facial hair (sort of like "Nair"). They were geared for men with skin problems that made shaving difficult. I don't know if they are still around or how well they might work or if the results would be better than a shave with a blade.

Of course, that's not stopping hair growth like I was wishing for, just a substitute for shaving.

I wish there was a pill for that I ended up going the laser route and it worked very well for me I'm planning to laser off my chest hairs once I am done with all my treatments on the face (almost there)

On a side note, I wish there was a pill to temp turn fem that would wear off after a day or a few days... that would be heaven... I mean, we mostly get the shape of our female version (i.e. as if we were on HRT for about a year) but it would wear off after a day or a few days

Good idea. Facial hair requires more work than body hair since it can't be covered. A topical lotion would be great; anti-rogaine! I got a reddish spot just above my upper lip from shaving too closely. Kind of looks like I'm wearing a little lipstick and it's been there for about a week.

first things first..... seems to me that a magical boob growing pill wouldn't be that great if it grew big hairy boobs! lol. I figure if I could graft my scalp skin to the rest of my odd id soon be hairless!
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

They will come out with the miracle pill right after I complete 250 hours of electrolysis.
    All I ever wanted was to be a girl. Is that really asking too much?

There is one sure way to almost stop hair growth just live a long time. Seem the older I get the less I am having. Wife says I'm not producing as much testosterone and is expected to lose the hair on my arms and legs . Mine has gotten lighter and almost gone. My face has even stopped from growing a heavy beard. I'm only 63 maybe by 70 I'll be smoother.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylyn View Post
    There is one sure way to almost stop hair growth just live a long time. Seem the older I get the less I am having. Wife says I'm not producing as much testosterone and is expected to lose the hair on my arms and legs . Mine has gotten lighter and almost gone. My face has even stopped from growing a heavy beard. I'm only 63 maybe by 70 I'll be smoother.
    What about the increase of ear hair and bushier eyebrows? That's what I've been getting anyway.

It's not how it works. The follicles exist and can't evaporate. They're living tissue.

However, if you get laser and take Spiro, you'll do what you're talking about.

You'll also sterilize yourself.

It's possible, right here today. It's a question of what you want, really...