Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ouch, comment from my brother.

Quote Originally Posted by Rebecca Watson View Post
    Perhaps I'm missing something, but what's wrong with this question? Was it the tone or context it was said in? To people who are not familiar with transgenderism, it seems like it would be a plausible hypothesis to think we're trying to fool people.

- Becky
    I agree with Rebecca. If you take your own selfishness out, and be objective. I can't answer this to myself, never mind to someone who is not tg themselves.
    Whenever I have worn a skirt in male mode, there have never been any issues at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Meg East View Post
    I feel for you. Nothing like prejudice in the family. We too have a bigoted family member who is also a cop. When the family is together we ignore bigotry and concentrate on his good points.
    I like this position. I have friends who are racist and homophobic, but they are my friends. I don't argue with them, but I don't feed their bigotry, either. I would hope that they would treat me the same, should my CDing become known to them. If not, I can't let myself to become one of them.

In previous discussions here on the forum, I said that I remain in the closet because my boss (the company CEO) is a homophobe, and thinks all who cross sex/gender boundaries are the same - queer. I believe that a way would be found to terminate me. Some responses were "get another job". Not so fast. I like my work, and the pay is good. CDing is just part of my life, and doesn't guide/dictate everything.

Perhaps he has identity and/or gender issues himself and it's his way of covering his inner feelings. JMO