Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hip and Butt Padding/Panties

Hip and Butt Padding/Panties

I have a pair of padded panties with four pads, two for the hips, two for the butt. They help, but only take my hip measurements from 38" to 40". With a 47" bust and 34" waist, I need more hips and butt to get a good feminine look. 48" would be ideal, but I realize that's going to be pretty hard to achieve.

There are dozens of padded garmets available on the Internet, but they provide little information on how much they actually enhance so I hesitate to purchase them only to find out that they are no better than what I already have.

So my question is, does anyone out there have personal experience with padded panties or other solutions that will give me the measurements I need or at least more than what I already have?
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda

Most shape enhancers available are not anatomically correct. The main problem is that you end up with volume in all the wrong places, in wrong amounts, and in wrong proportions. So, if you are serious about getting a good feminine look, you'll either have to spend hundreds of dollars on anatomically correct shapers, or, make your own.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    I have one pair that I added pads to in the butt area.
    The only draw back is the gap between the butt and hip pad so I use a cut off pair of panty hose and some cotton batting to fill in the gap between the butt and hip pads to smooth it all out and make the proportions look more natural.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Tracii G; 07-18-2013 at 11:05 AM.

From what I see in most pictures posted by crossdressers is that their hip and butt proportions are all wrong. Sometimes this is all that is keeping them from "passing" 100 percent. Broad shoulders with tiny, almost non-existent hips is a dead give away (an inverted pyramid look). Of course, I won't be buying any forms yet since I am on a strict weight loss program and I expect my proportions to change dramatically over the next 6 months to a year, but in the future I know I will need some. And I suspect that the online stores are less interested in giving you good advice and good fit than simply making the sale. I would trust all my sisters on this forum much more in giving advice.

I have never had success with hip padding, I think I have enough for now.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Tracii, you look great from this angle... well done!

Banned Spammer
    Thank you Sandi.
    I experiment a lot and sometimes get pretty close to a decent figure.

Strangely, if you go by 'optimum' female measurements, you will end up really bottom heavy. Try over padding with towels or something, up to your 'ideal' 48" and you'll probably find it looks ridiculous. Most gals can get a nice figure with just a couple of inches of padding.

Nondressing CDer ReluctantDebutant's Avatar
    Go to Youtube and look up Femillusions. I made a pair a while back and yeah they work as shown in the video. though it might be too extreme for what you might want.

I have a couple of different pair of padded panties. My favorite pair I purchased from Janet's closet, they are long so don't work well with anything short , the butt & hip pads overlap and there is a slit so they go to the restroom out removing them.

Banned Spammer
    Jean I have a pair of those too and added an inch of foam to them as well.
    I didn't care for the seam at the bottom of the legs because with tighter pants you could see it so I cut them off at the seam.
    Looks good at the transition point now.
    You have to modify some things to make them work for you.

Thank you Tracii G. That is why I do not wear them with anything to tight (below the hip) or anything shorter then above the knee. For me it is not a real problem, to be fair to Janet's closet.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandieland View Post
    From what I see in most pictures posted by crossdressers is that their hip and butt proportions are all wrong. Sometimes this is all that is keeping them from "passing" 100 percent.
    I find that hard to believe. Women come in a stunning array of shapes and sizes, and there are much more obvious cues if someone is looking for them. The truth is that most people are pretty instinctive about gender, and getting past a quick assessment is much more helpful than worrying about every little detail. There's nothing wrong with exploring any kind of padding that appeals to you, but I wouldn't put much stock in hip/butt padding as The One Missing Element. Choosing clothing that flatters your shape is what most women do, and it works wonders.
    ~ Kimberly

“To escape criticism do nothing, say nothing, be nothing." - Elbert Hubbard

Banned Spammer
    I agree Kimberly padding isn't always needed but with some outfits it helps a little.

Just a touch of class Lynn Marie's Avatar
    I've tried a number of different padding ideas. They're hot, and just don't seem to do much for my figure. The only one I still have is one with butt pads only. Still doesn't do a whole lot. A corset is, by far, my best figure enhancer. BTW, lot's of big chested women are "wedge" shaped rather than the usual "pear" shape. I've always been attracted to them.

I have great luck with hip/butt pads. The shape is important to me, so I work on that element to get it as close as possible to what I want to see when dressed en femme. I use a combined hip and butt padded pantie. The pads are foam. On top of that I put one of those molded butt padded pantie. This one rounds out the rear view and as Traci does, fills in the gaps. I use a couple of Flexee type waist cinchers, about a full C to D cup sized forms, and select and wear clothes that work with the shape I am able to create from nothing (no ass nor hips). To me it is well worth it, though if I lived in the hot and humid areas of the country I might have a different opinion. Living here in the San Francisco Bay Area where I have 100+ temperatures where I live to 30-40 degrees lower in San Francisco, I have the best of both worlds.

Quote Originally Posted by Kimberly Kael View Post
    I find that hard to believe. Women come in a stunning array of shapes and sizes, and there are much more obvious cues if someone is looking for them. The truth is that most people are pretty instinctive about gender, and getting past a quick assessment is much more helpful than worrying about every little detail. There's nothing wrong with exploring any kind of padding that appeals to you, but I wouldn't put much stock in hip/butt padding as The One Missing Element. Choosing clothing that flatters your shape is what most women do, and it works wonders.
    I totally agree...exact proportions is not the cue that says you aren't female...The nail tech isn't fooled,or the eyebrow waxer,or the makeup saleslady,etc..pads won't fool the astute!
    It SURE is my hair ! I have the receipt and the box it came in !

Most of the 'padded' stuff on the net is for those GGs that only need a little extra. For those of us trying to get the 0.6 ratio, it's a little harder to find what fits. What I found that worked the best was the foam all in one hip/butt pad. I'd put those on and then squish them down with a couple of Spanx and I got a pretty good look. Then I dropped some weight and found one of the girls on this site that made some silicone hips... works great. Then again there is always the veronica and curvypads that I've seen also give good shape....

Hope this helps...

Renne.....

Banned Spammer
    Rogina its not about fooling any one its about one being happy with their figure.
    Some clothes just don't fit right and look awful with out something in there to make the item fit right.
    Its personal preference for the most part if you don't need to pad thats fine.

Quote Originally Posted by RenneB View Post
    Most of the 'padded' stuff on the net is for those GGs that only need a little extra. For those of us trying to get the 0.6 ratio, it's a little harder to find what fits. What I found that worked the best was the foam all in one hip/butt pad. I'd put those on and then squish them down with a couple of Spanx and I got a pretty good look. Then I dropped some weight and found one of the girls on this site that made some silicone hips... works great. Then again there is always the veronica and curvypads that I've seen also give good shape....

Hope this helps...

Renne.....
    Yes I have just got these they work really well and look great I just need to do a proper test run on them PM SometimesDiana for info. I haven't had a chance to get some pics done but as soon as I do I will upload them.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandieland View Post
    From what I see in most pictures posted by crossdressers is that their hip and butt proportions are all wrong. Sometimes this is all that is keeping them from "passing" 100 percent. Broad shoulders with tiny, almost non-existent hips is a dead give away (an inverted pyramid look)..................
    Yes, that's my point and the reason for my post. While it's true not every GG has the same proportions, I don't think we would ever see one with a 47" bust, somewhat broad shoulders, a 34" waist, and 40" hips.

its not about fooling any one its about one being happy with their figure.
    Some clothes just don't fit right and look awful with out something in there to make the item fit right.
    Exactly. It's about looking and feeling like a GG.

Quote Originally Posted by Jean 103 View Post
    I have a couple of different pair of padded panties. My favorite pair I purchased from Janet's closet, they are long so don't work well with anything short , the butt & hip pads overlap and there is a slit so they go to the restroom out removing them.
    That's probably what I have but I bought them from amazon.com. The slit seems silly to me, I've never used it. It would seem like a lot of trouble to fish Willie out and then try to stuff him back in afterwards.

The top three or four inch waist clincher portion was uncomfortable and rolled over when I sat down so that was eliminated. It's still a little high but I can't cut any more off without the whole thing falling apart.

I've thought of trying to add more foam under the pads, but haven't actually tried it. Evebn though I bought the largest size (and I have only a 34" waist), they are a little tight on me after a while.

Quote Originally Posted by RenneB View Post
    ............. What I found that worked the best was the foam all in one hip/butt pad. .......
    Where did you find these pads and how thick are they? Do they work OK when you sit down or do they wrinkle or move out of place?
    Last edited by Tamara Croft; 07-19-2013 at 10:19 AM. Reason: multiposting isn't allowed posts merged read the rules please
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda

I never actually measured them Linda but I have two back and side padded panties that I utilize when I go dancing at the club. I more or less gauge how they accentuate my buttski when I sway around out there. Seems to be pretty effective I must say. I doubt anyone is looking at my face when I dance and that is the real bottom line I guess.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Platinum Member
    I sometimes wear a similar padded panty. It helps, but I think the convincing feminine figure requires some definition of the waist...I'm naturally about 42/42 top to bottom, so I always wear a corset or shaper and try to stick with a C/D cup so I'm not decidedly or disproportionately top heavy.

Aussie girl enjoying life Michelle (Oz)'s Avatar
    I've been loosing weight so shape remains work in progress. With a corset and hip/bum pads I've now achieved a 48"/37"/48" figure. My bottom shaping is a combination of http://www.glamourboutique.com/padde...irdle-new.aspx plus two extra pads; one on each hip ending slightly around the front. No problem with short skirts either. As I've lost weight I've gone down in sizes without waisting (is that a bad pun?) too much money. I'm to a point where I'm happy with the result and finding further weight loss difficult.
    Last edited by Michelle (Oz); 07-27-2013 at 01:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tracii G View Post
    Rogina its not about fooling any one its about one being happy with their figure.
    Its personal preference for the most part if you don't need to pad thats fine.
    I always wear padded panties with hip and butt pads! Just by observation,many women have a different body shape from the scientific model..which opens the door to not worrying so much about having huge hips to go with wider shoulders..I wear a 14 W in a dress and a 16 in a skirt and just don't feel any different would increase "passability" or clothing fit. My experiences only.
    It SURE is my hair ! I have the receipt and the box it came in !