Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stress and Crossdressing

Stress and Crossdressing

Sometimes I think that when I'm under stress, I'm more liketo want to crossdress, either fully, or underdressing.

Am I the only one? What is the connection?
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

For me it depends on what the stress is. Most stressors, I think I find release in being out of my normal skin, and it's my normal skin that's stressed.

But then there are things like when I told my wife about two weeks ago I wanted to separate. I haven't wanted to dress since then. (We haven't separated, but it apparently took that to get her to look more honestly at our relationship)

Yes crossdressing/underdressing does really relieve my stress!

I also have found that dressing relieves my stress created at work. I think the stress relief is from the mindset I go into when I dress. I go into a completely different mood.It might be that I go from a male mindset to more of a femme mindset and the thing that was causing the stress goes with it.

You are not alone. I don't know if dressing relives the stress or not dressing causes the stress. All I know is the longer I can be Dana the better I feel.

When in stress wear a dress or under dress it is a main stress release for me
    WHEN IN STRESS WEAR A DRESS
    BE HAPPY WITH YOURSELF IT ALL YOU GOT

We are all driven to whatever medicine fixes that which ails us.

I'm still a girl, no getting around that fact.

OMG yes. I'd been a low-level, occasional crossdresser till my wife was diagnosed with cancer. Then all of a sudden it was 24/7. She realized it was a stress reaction before I did.

When thing get rough, I put on my big girl panties! That seems to help quite a bit.

When it was a compulsion for me, my therapist at the time explained that dressing was my "drug of choice" to make me feel better when things got me down.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Totally not alone!! I have had one HECK of a stressful week. We are in the process of moving, me leaving a job I LOVE and having to find a new one with 3 interviews just this week. I am still staying at my old house for a bit til I get a job away from my wife and kids. I came to the new house for an interview and the kids were with friends, so after the interview and the next day my wife TOLD me to dress so I could calm down. Not sure why it helps but it does.

When I'm stressed, wife tells me I should get some serious girl time
    See all my photos, read many stories of my outings and my early days at
    http://rachelsauckland.blogspot.co.nz

Platinum Member
    Hi Steffi, It sure works for me when I'm dressed .
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

I like to dress and feel much more comfortable when things are getting cloudier and cloudier. But all in all, the fact remains that I like to dress whether or not there is stress or not.

Molly
    "To thine own self be true"

I've been under a lot of stress in recent months (for reasons I won't go into here and now), and it's certainly coincided closely with me getting more clothes, dressing more, and coming out to friends and businesses ..
    It's complicated, then again it's simple ... where did I put that skirt?

I feel a little bit like that sometimes too.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

I've been having conversations about similar topics with my therapist. What I think happens for me is that it's "who I am" coming out. When I'm under stress, I want things that bring comfort to me (like foods, places, music, people, etc). That includes being myself. I am most comfortable being female, being Ann.

I now dress female 99.9% of the time. This includes work, school, social events, with the last major hurdle being family events.

Ann

Steffie, like Leona, I go both ways on that, it depend on the direction the stress comes from. If it's from outside the home, (job, friends, and extended family) that can push to want (that should read, need) to dress. But if it comes from within the home, such as a fight with the wife not often, and not really bad, but a fight) or problems with the house that needs MISTER MAN, to jump up and fix things and save the day, I can get caught playing guy for days before I think of a dress again.
    Magic is the art of changing consciousness at will.

For me, there's no doubt that slipping into private girl mode can be a big relief. I just automatically calm down and enjoy the moment. Probably part of it is taking some time to focus on myself for a change. But I also think that stepping out into the world entails a certain amount of, well, not stress exactly, maybe a little tension or carefulness. Circumstances prevent me from being Sherri at home or around my home town, so some of my favorite moments happen during those rare weekend getaways, returning to my hotel room after an outing for some quiet time, a little respite from the envelope pushing and simultaneously relieved that I don't have to revert to guy mode any time soon. It's so nice to slip into my fav denim skirt and sandals and while away the afternoon primping and planning my evening, and when I get bored having little mini outings to the vending machines or reading a magazine by the pool. My fav hotel in OKC has a nice restaurant and a quiet piano bar that are soooo relaxing and pleasant, nearly always good for a conversation with a new acquaintance. I always wish the weekend would last forever ...

It definitely relieves stress for me although I don't dress frequently for that reason.

Billie
    Im streesed by the fact that I can t dress 24/7. I hate not having enough Darcy time. My wife is great about my dressing but I can t push too hard. The look of mens clothes make me sick. I feel so right when Im dressed and I could never stop. It really sucks the life out of me. When Im not dressed Im miserable. People and friends think Im unhappy all the time and want to know whats wrong. Wish I had the balls to tell them the truth

Banned Read only
    Yep, it does not take a rocket scientist to realize cross dressing relieves stress. My work environment several years before my retirement was very stressful. I sought relief expanding and buying more women's clothing. It seems dressing as a woman produces a mindset that I am not the male person stuck in the environment I sought to escape. Cross dressing has also been a method to escape certain aspects of military service in Viet Nam as an infantryman. I guess the alternative to cross dressing could have been usage of alcohol or illegal drugs. I think cross dressing is a relative harmless alternative alternative to alcohol and drug abuse, when used in moderation. To me wearing women's clothing during a period of soul searching and reflection is not different than sitting at the end of a dock with a fishing pole. Very relaxing.

Billie
    I forgot one thing I love this site and all of you. You are my friends I ll never see and my salveion That keeps me somewhat sane and I thank you all . Hope you all have a great life and never ever think your alone.

Steffi you're not alone. Dressing for me relieves stress - maybe not every time, but many times.
    Stephanie

Silver Member
    Steffi - I also feel that crossdressing is a stress reliever. I understand the many comments already shared. I feel different - happier, more relaxed.

East of Seattle somewhere between the pass and Idaho
    To me dressing is the most healthy stress reliever available.