Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My wife's comment on mascara!

My wife's comment on mascara!

Last night I was getting out of the shower and my wife said,"it looks like you have mascara on." Well I did dress the night before and maybe I missed cleaning up completely. I do have naturally long lashes. I am very closeted at home and laughed it off and she said, "you're not crossdressing on me are you?" She said it in a laughing tone as if it to be inconceivable.

It is interesting though. I shave my chest and even mentioned that I would enjoy shaving my legs sometime(actually dying to shave my legs). I have told her I am just not into body hair these days. She is smart and I wonder if she will start to put two and two together...

To be perfectly honest, it sounds like she already has.....

Platinum Member
    I think she may starting to. So, are you willing to leave this up to chance?

I agree with both Beth and Kim.
    It is getting closer to talk time if you haven't already been sprung.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Maybe it's time to have The Talk before she asks too many more insightful questions.

Banned Read only
    Your bio page says you're 56. At least when you joined. I am speculating you've been married to a mature older woman for some period of time. I think she has given you a strong hint that she knows you're cross dressing or at least using makeup. A mature woman has had a lot of experience applying and removing makeup. My wife made a comment to me many years ago that she had seen a hint of green eye shadow that I had missed when cleaning up. Once a woman suspects something, she is going to look harder. As to shaving body hair except for the legs. My local TV station indicated a survey indicated many women (assuming younger women) prefer their men to have a clean shaven body. Ask her if she wants you totally clean shaven. To not be into hair and not shaven your legs may be a contradiction to her. Another hint you're a cross dresser.

Portland is a more liberal city. I'm sure she is accustomed to encountering alternative lifestyles; gays, lesbians, transgenders.

I'd be prepared for the "talk."

She has and it just waiting for you to open the discussion.

I haven't been married in a long, long time. However, I always found it next to impossible to hide something from my SO. So, if anyone is finding their crossdressing episodes to be expanding more and more - taking on more and more importance - then one should start planning as to how to have the "talk". If you continue crossdressing, it will be found out eventually anyway. My wife once found a pair of panties under the car seat (I had taken them off and put on men's briefs before coming home one day and got a little slip-shod in accounting for all my wardrobe). There was no good way to explain this...either I was fooling around with another woman or ??

She at least suspects and has left a door open for discussion.

"Dear, something you asked me yesterday has been bothering me and I'd like to talk about it..."
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Sounds like she knows might as well bite the bullet and tell her.

Girl from the Eagles Nest reb.femme's Avatar
    Yep, I'm going with the consensus here and suggesting that your wife suspects something. This was her opening gambit and I would be prepared for her next move too.

My wife had found I hadn't returned her dressing gown to the right place and that various other items had moved. I thought I was meticulous in my planning and deviousness but even the alleged perfect crime is rarely so.

I came out fully in April last year. Looks like another bust may be on the cards.

Reb

ing
    Flying high under the spell of life!

http://www.rebsweb.co.uk

Silver Member
    She is your wife. She is smart. She sees you with mascara. You shave your chest. She uses the word "crossdressing" in her comments. Do you really wonder if she "will start to put 2 and 2 together?"

Trish - she must have added things up a long time ago. She appears to be OK with the way things are. Maybe you should let things be. Maybe you should follow-up her question with a disclosure. Maybe you should drop a few more hints. You know her best

How well do you two communicate? If you dress regularly, do you need to or want to go further? Do you want or need her approval or acceptance? Do you think confiding in her will help your relationship or challenge it at this point in life? Is she open minded?

Will there be family issues? I suspect you know the answers.

Maybe it is best to keep playing it safe if she already knows and if you are OK dressing regularly alone. Maybe it is best to take a big risk and admit or demonstrate or confide your crossdressing. You know what is best. Good luck.

That's how my wife started to question. Things were "out of place" when she returned from shopping or an evening with her friends. When I finally outed myself to her (actually she found out rather accidentally, but that a different story), it did not go well but we still continue to have occasional discussions on the topic. She is not ready to accept it at all yet. Do I regret telling her??? Sometimes I do, other times I don't. It's really a mixed bag of junk right now. But we have gotten to the point where we can discuss it without her dissolving into tears and yelling at me, so I guess we are making progress... slowly.

So Trish, I would agree with others on this thread. Yes, you should tell her (she probably suspects), but pick your time carefully and expect the worst. I didn't choose a good and I expected a little better reaction than I got. It hurt both of us in the long run, but you do need to be open about it. Praying that it goes well for you.
    Victoria
    By the grace of God, I am what I am.

I don't think mascara completely washes off. I think when I dress and use mascara, it must permanently stain the lashes and last for a few days after.
    Stephanie

I get mine tinted once a month no one except me seems to notice oh also I might have fessed up at that point and said yes see how it went and if it turned to custard make out you were just teasing her
    Last edited by Sami; 07-20-2013 at 05:20 PM.

Senior Member Jacqueline Winona's Avatar
    She is certainly suspicious. But she very well may be the type that really doesn't want to believe you are and therefore may be hoping you dissuade her of her "concerns" (for lack of a better term.) You know here better than us obviously, so think long and hard about what you do next. Is she likely to wholeheartedly accept this part of you? Is she likely to kick you to the curb with no further discussion? More likely, she is somewhere in between, and that is a tough place for you.

Lady in Being (7/20/17) AmyGaleRT's Avatar
    Oh, once, before Sabrina found out about me, she saw me after I'd done an inadequate eye-makeup-removal job and said, "Are you wearing eyeliner?" Of course, I denied it.

- Amy
    Amy Gale Ruth Bowersox (nee Tapie) - "Be who you are, and be it in style!"
    Member, Board of Trustees, Gender Identity Center of Colorado
    aka Amelia Storm - Ms. Majestic Hearts of All Colorado 2018-2019, Miss Majestic Hearts of All Colorado 2015-2016

Anxious to hear how you handle this and how it plays out for you.

Wishing all the best for you!
    Hug
    Rita
    A person should wear what he likes to. And not just what other folks say. A person should be who she likes to. A person's a person that way!
    ~Marlo Thomas~

Seems like it's time to open up to her, don't you think?

Trish - She knows, shes giving you the opening to tell her - SO Tell her - Dont keep us guessing we need part 2.

Ps Love the stockings in the Avatar...Ellie

Just being true to myself Jolene Robertson's Avatar
    Hi Trish,
    Just had to reply to this as it hits soooo close to home.
    First "yep I bet she knows"
    Your story sounds like how mine came about. My wife just kept putting 2 and 2 together and it kept coming up 4. So one night she asked pretty much the same question. And I had to finally admit it to her, of course the usual questions (do you want to be with a man, do you want to be a woman, etc.). She was cool with everything and things have been better than ever between us. But that is just how it went for us.
    You know your wife better than any of us so you have to make that call, just be careful. I really did not know how things would turn out and no one does till after the fact, and like it is said so often "once the genie is out of the bottle you cant put it back in".
    Good luck and PLEASE keep us posted.

Hugs
    Jolene

Hi.

Youv been sussed admit it dont think you can outsmart us it wont work . hideing is worse than just say oh that yes i use a bit of makeup just forgot to take it off .... can you.....

...noeleena...

Platinum Member
    Hi Trish, Wives are a lot smarter than we want to believe sometimes.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

If you crossdressing is limited to a bra and panties when you wife is out of town and you have a good hiding place, you may get away with it for a while, but if you're at the point where you're using mascara at home, time is getting short for you.

Your choices are; Scale your dressing back, tell her about it, or wait for her to catch you or figure it out.

Telling her about it is probably the best choice for most of us.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda

Oh, she's connected the dots alright. Shaving your chest hair set off the first level alarm, but it's not enough for her to confront you on it. Asking about shaving your legs, second level alarm. Caught with mascara, klaxxon is blaring. She asked you a direct question, are you wearing mascara. You may not have lied in your response, but you weren't truthful either. Then she asked if you were crossdressing. She even used the correct term. And you lied again. She definately knows.

I found out from my wife that she recognized all kinds of signals that I didn't even know I was giving off. She either ignored them, or pretended they didn't mean anything.

She's going to keep askng more questions, and your going to keep lying until you get caught big time.

Right now, it's the lies that will be more damaging in the long run, not the crossdressing, but only you can guess at your wife's reaction.
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.