Thread: Meant to be

Meant to be

Have you ever considered the possibility that we are who we are for a reason and are exactly who we are supposed to be? This is really something that cannot be explained in physical terms, at least by myself. It's more like a feeling or "sense of being" almost as if what we do helps to balance out the male/female energies. Ever notice that when we sometimes put it on hold for awhile, something just doesn't "feel right"? That's because the dressing is a huge part of who we are and our self expression. Just think about what you would be doing otherwise if you didn't take time to dress. It's hard, isn't it? Perhaps we could do things that are more constructive but not as pleasurable. We can restrict it, resist it and limit it, but the best thing to do is embrace it and simply enjoy it. Works for me my friends.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

I am Ana, hear me roar! 27th Jennifer's Avatar
    Well said, Kate.
    I never felt like I fit in with most people anyway. If I did, I think I would be doing something wrong...

Ana

Kate,
    I gave up thinking about that a long time ago.
    I gave up and now I just do it.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Back in the day, I dressed as a therapy for depression, repressed resentment, and a feeling of being adrift among a world of people that could never understand or feel what I was going through.
    The dressing made me feel better, so I did it.
    Then I figured it out, and I started to dress for the fun of it, and not as therapy for what "ailed me", and I found I didn't need the therapy any more.
    As it turned out, if I just dressed when I want to, I'm a happy person, and the world ain't have bad!
    I just wish I had figured it out a lot sooner.
    Magic is the art of changing consciousness at will.

Embrace and cherish this amazing gift that we have been given.
    Fulfilling a Lifetime Dream of Living as a Woman in My Adult Years. Ten Years Living 24/7 as a Mature Lady

My Love of Cat's Eye Frames, Bangles, Red Lipstick, Nails, & Cheeks, Comes From My Mother - An Irish Beauty

I'm Always Rainbow Proud

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Kate Simmons View Post
    the best thing to do is embrace it and simply enjoy it. Works for me my friends.
    Hi Kate, I wholeheartedly agree. Once embraced, it's not a nagging thorn in your side anymore. Too me, it has become..............A God Send, to alleviate the stresses and pressures of the World. I see things in a very different way. And I Love this new me and different outlook on life. It was meant too be IMHO.

I can agree. Was just discussing things with my wife the other day. It seems that we have more fun going out shopping and doing things as 2 women than we do going out as husband and wife. Not that we don't have fun together... we just have more fun and I'm more relaxed and excited playing in her world and sharing it with her. I hope that makes sense.

Cindy
    ​Cindy

Silver Member
    Kate - I agree. We are who we are for a reason, and are exactly who we are supposed to be. That's life.

I try to live a good life, do the right thing, help others, love those who love me. I enjoy dressing and believe it brings me depth and sensitivity and awareness and satisfaction. I think it makes me a better, more complete human being. I like who I am and am thankful.

That is just the way I feel Kate.
    Angie

Kate, I agree with your "sense of being". For me it's the realization of who I am. I doubt I'll ever completely understand why I love to dress but I know that by doing so, I am fulfilling my sense of being. After too many years of suppression I am finally free to express myself without fear or intimidation.
    Luv and Jill

Straight, into Fantasy Land

well....adam was the first human and out of him came eve so she must have been inside him all that time in paradise!
    where has all the glamour gone?
    marlene dietrich is my idol

Platinum Member
    I don't buy into any notions of pre ordination. We are who we are because of our genetics and our experiences...not some mysterious plan.

Delving deeply into the beginning, Adam's first wife was Lilith. She refused to lie beneath Adam, demanding to be an equal. Lilith was banished, Adam put into a deep sleep. God took his rib and made subserviant Eve. Ask a theologian about this, if you don't believe me.

Perhaps we're Lilith's daughters.

Leah
    Be nice; It don't cost nothing.

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Leah Lynn View Post
    Delving deeply into the beginning, Adam's first wife was Lilith. She refused to lie beneath Adam, demanding to be an equal.
    Leah, this is interesting too me. Where did you receive that revelation from? What letter or book describes this?

Quote Originally Posted by kimdl93 View Post
    I don't buy into any notions of pre ordination. We are who we are because of our genetics and our experiences...not some mysterious plan.
    And, shaped by those genetics and experiences, the choices we make.
    Otherwise, the same "we are as we are supposed to be" reasoning for crossdressers should also apply to thieves, rapists, and murderers.
    We don't need more "it's not my fault how I turned out" excuses.