Thread: Bethany gets a Makeover!

Bethany gets a Makeover!

On Monday, July 8th, my alter ego came out to play for the first time in about three years.

At the recommendation of Janet, Jennifer, and Krissy I paid a visit to Phoebe Cross in Atlanta (www.phoebecross.com) for a makeover session and dinner-outing en femme. Thanks ladies for the words of encouragement!

Along the way I stopped in Cleveland, TN for a leg and chest waxing at Whispering Willow Spa. That was Krissy's suggestion as the proprietor, Natalie, is an old friend and is very TG friendly. I highly recommend anyone in and around Chattanooga, TN pay her a visit. Okay, shameless plugs are over! :-P

Back in 2010, I visited Ramona Dunlap in Atlanta for my first professional makeover. It was a blast to say the least and the two hours flew by so very quickly. I made a shopping list of CD supplies, but never went through with buying much of anything (just some basic makeup and a few clothing items). At some point I decided I was fine with leaving transformations to the pros. CDing was something I just didn't engage in at home, though I still felt it was a part of me. Fast forward a few years, and while the desire had cropped up a couple times, I had never made another appointment with the ladies in Atlanta. (Work and graduate studies have a way of eating up all your time.)

Since I don't get to do this often, I went through all the waxing as a way of "going all-out" I guess. Honestly, if I didn't CD I'd probably have tried out waxing anyway. Guess I'm just naturally curious. :-P I did like the smooth results, though I've been recently afflicted with lots of red spots. Natalie and I talked about my trip as she waxed my legs and chest, remarking that I had legs a girl would kill for. She viewed the crossdressing hobby as nothing more than harmless fun. She invited me back to let her know how things went.

After leaving Natalie, I grabbed lunch in Chattanooga and proceeded on towards Atlanta. I arrived at Phoebe’s place a little after 3:00 and we went into her studio to begin. We talked for quite a while about how I started doing this and how it progressed over time from secretly buying/wearing female clothes to my visit with Ramona Dunlap in 2010.

After introductions and chit-chat we got started. I was dressed in a base layer of bra, panties, and hose along with forms and padding to fill me out in the right places. Phoebe next sat me down in the makeup chair and applied layers of concealer, foundation, and powder, topped off with shadow, eyeliner, and lipstick, explaining what/why every step of the way. It was a subdued look. The wig selection didn't take too long as we both quickly settled on option #2. The long auburn tresses just looked “right” to both of us, but I can’t understand how women constantly deal with long hair getting in the way.

We did quite a few photos in various states of dress: lingerie, dresses, skirts, a French maid outfit… Phoebe settled on a blue flowered dress for our dinner. It wouldn't have been my first choice when I first looked at it, but paired with the red belt and red 4-inch heels, I found I couldn't stop looking at myself in the mirror. I’m sure the 6-foot 5-inch with red hair drew a bit of attention when we walked into Olive Garden. I kept my head up, made brief eye contact with people, and smiled at them as I passed by. I should note that it was a little late and there weren't as many folks in the restaurant as their might have been. I never caught anyone staring at me and quite a few people walked by (we were somewhat close to the door). The waitress did at one point refer to me as sir but very quickly corrected herself by calling me “ma’am”. I had made no effort to disguise my voice and probably wasn’t the most graceful walker. Here’s where it gets interesting to me… I didn’t care that she noticed I wasn’t a woman. I wasn’t the nervous wreck I thought I’d be in that situation. I mean, I was a bit nervous leaving the studio and approaching the front door of the restaurant, but after that I was okay. It didn’t seem like a big deal. I’m not sure if that’s a big relief or a tremendous letdown, because while I wasn’t flipping out in terror, I wasn’t having a euphoric sort of moment either. I could very well have been having soup and salad in my usual male drab clothing. The buildup in my mind and fantasies didn’t live up to the hype I guess. After finishing dinner and driving back to Phoebe’s little farm (did I mention that I can drive a stick-shift in 4-inch heels? I didn’t know I could either!) I was left in the studio to play to my heart’s content with all the clothes Phoebe has in her collection. If I’m honest, I think she might have TOO MUCH stuff, and at first I didn’t want to try and dig through it. I had been up for about 18 hours, had driven for 5+ of those hours over 330+ miles, and all I was interested in was sleeping. However, it didn’t take long to change my mind. I pulled several things down, paired them with some of the shoes we had selected earlier, and set the self-timer on my camera. I eventually decided to stop after about two hours (around 1AM), and finally removed my wig, foundation garments, and make-up, getting into bed about 2:00. I think I had more fun and got more of a charge/thrill out of playing dress-up than I did going out feminized in public. I really felt good after that session, like I had gone through some sort of catharsis.

I returned to the normal world on Tuesday and have been playing catch-up at work and school pretty much since then. I don't know when Bethany will be back, but I know she isn't too far away. :-)

I stuck some photos of my friend over on the Photo Gallery portion of the forum. Please have a look and tell me what you think!
    -Please, call me Bethany. Hey moderator, can I change my name?:ld:

Sounds like you had a wonderful time.
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

Must go and look at the photo section.
    Looks like you did well.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Neanderthal in nylons Julie Denier's Avatar
    Congrats on a wonderful experience

Glad you had a great time Bethany! Both Phoebe & Natalie are wonderful friends to the TG community! Now I'm thinking I need to make a trip down South again soon!

Krissy