Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Triggers

Triggers

So the wife and I were getting ready to go out shopping. No unfortunately in drab mode. However the wife picked out a pretty set of panties, ladies shorts, and purple top so I could be as close to fem as possible. So I decided to tuck. Then it hit me. I felt all gurly! Walking more fem and just feeling amazing. I shaved my legs, wore, dress, bra, panties and my favorite flats all day yesterday and didn't feel like this. So is got me to wondering.

What is your "trigger"? As in what makes you feel fem?? I think it would be interesting to hear all the different opinions.
    Last edited by Eryn; 07-20-2013 at 02:39 PM. Reason: Fixed a minor typo.

Oh to be an English Rose Jane G's Avatar
    Dressing used to make me feel fem. I would put on my bra and sudenly I would feel more fem. That was many years ago. Nowdays there's not much of a transition from Male to fem I guess it's just a normal state of mind. Sometimes i'm wearing a dress sometimes I'm wearing drab but all times I can still feel fem. Somtimes it's more a case of having to act male.

My trigger seems to be lipstick and a wig. No mater how well the makeup goes on, I still feel like a man in a dress until the wig is on. Lipstick just seems to be the finishing touch though, the taste and feel.
    Sometimes just a little lipstick, even when I'm all drab gives me the good vibes.

Girl from the Eagles Nest reb.femme's Avatar
    Whilst I do feel I act more femme even when partially dressed, the ultimate topping (forgive the pun) is my wig. The make up is the penultimate experience as I watch the transformation in the mirror but the ultimate level is only achieved at the crowning.

So in essence I'm OK under dressed but I hit lift off and then weightlessness, in full attire.

Rebecca
    Flying high under the spell of life!

http://www.rebsweb.co.uk

I kind of feel feminine all the time and put this down to being transgender I suppose?

But in the evening if I slip on a nice dress, hold ups and heels I feel very feminine indeed. I actually feel more normal if that makes sense.

Platinum Member
    For me there is no trigger. I don't really change.

I still haven't figured out this "feel fem" thing very well. I feel like me all the time, but I feel happier when I have the freedom to wear what I want.

I push the limits in male mode with brightly-colored (but still male) tops and women's shorts, capris, or jeans that are not too short, embellished, or tight. It's really a fools' game, but I've established my male bone-fides with my muggle friends so I don't really care if they think that I've gone a bit feminine.
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

Women's clothes don't make me feel fem. I always feel fem. Women's clothes make me feel fab.
    Peace and love, - Christy

Unlike some, I seem to have a few triggers that can cause me to want to go dress. I also don't have to have those triggers to enjoy dressing. Sometimes I just wanna feel female and wear the silky feeling clothes, sometimes I just want to only wear the makeup. When out in public in male mode I can see a GG with beautiful lips and lipstick on, a dress, skirt or high heels on that can trigger my thought process to start. It will began building until I satisfy the feeling by dressing or putting on make up. I do enjoy wearing the panties or hose under my male clothes just about anytime. I feel that there are many reasons we do this. I still enjoy being the man in my marriage but I have found that as I get older and when I am stressed about something I am tending to dress to the fullest and for some reason it relieves the tension in my body. I feel this has been the way I have felt ever since I was a youngster, but when younger I wouldn't listen to my body. I also have now gotten more sophisticated in my dressing. This is probably due to the fact I now have more financial ability to buy the better brands of make up and clothing and apparel. I would say the most occurring trigger even from young age to now has been lipstick, hose and very tall sexy heels.

Never really had a trigger, I feel fem all the time lol

Lady in Being (7/20/17) AmyGaleRT's Avatar
    Oh, after I've put my undergarments on and done my makeup, I pull the ponytail holder out of my hair and brush it out so it falls across my shoulders. And that's when "Amy" really emerges. Depending on what music's playing as I finish dressing, I'll be part-dressing, part-dancing!

- Amy
    Amy Gale Ruth Bowersox (nee Tapie) - "Be who you are, and be it in style!"
    Member, Board of Trustees, Gender Identity Center of Colorado
    aka Amelia Storm - Ms. Majestic Hearts of All Colorado 2018-2019, Miss Majestic Hearts of All Colorado 2015-2016

Definitely the nails. I look down and see the pretty nails and just giggle

Hug
    Rita
    A person should wear what he likes to. And not just what other folks say. A person should be who she likes to. A person's a person that way!
    ~Marlo Thomas~

Lady in Being (7/20/17) AmyGaleRT's Avatar
    Rita, I keep my toenails painted all the time. Even when I'm in guy mode, I can look down at my toes and get a little reminder: "You are part girl!"

- Amy
    Amy Gale Ruth Bowersox (nee Tapie) - "Be who you are, and be it in style!"
    Member, Board of Trustees, Gender Identity Center of Colorado
    aka Amelia Storm - Ms. Majestic Hearts of All Colorado 2018-2019, Miss Majestic Hearts of All Colorado 2015-2016

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Can't really think of one thing that triggers the femme side of me.I feel femme all the time inside.
    When I do dress all the way femme I guess the wig triggers something.Sort of tops it all off.

Quote Originally Posted by AmyGaleRT View Post
    Rita, I keep my toenails painted all the time. Even when I'm in guy mode, I can look down at my toes and get a little reminder: "You are part girl!"

- Amy
    I have been doing this too. Because I don't want to answer awkward questions, I make sure and wear shoes when others are home. The problem being, I prefer to be bare foot. So today I chose to deal with the awkward questions. I just couldn't bring myself to put shoes on. Right at the moment my toes are painted white with pink and purple polka dots. The conversations went as follows.

Granddaughter "your toes are all polka dotty" *runs off to play*

Daughter "oh you let mom do your nails, your so sweet!" Me " yeah. I kind of like it.

One of the ladies we take care of *giggles hysterically for several moments* "I just noticed your toes. *giggles some more * "you should do your fingers to match"

Son much much later. *points at toes and smiles* that's so you and mom match?" Me *picturing Julie and I in our matching skirts * "yea"

Nowhere near as awkward as anticipated

Hug
    Rita
    Last edited by Princess Grandpa; 07-23-2013 at 08:38 AM.
    A person should wear what he likes to. And not just what other folks say. A person should be who she likes to. A person's a person that way!
    ~Marlo Thomas~

Hi.

Nothing i know of being feminine if i did id let ya know, spos im just one of those that has nothing there,

Tracii, all the time gee ill have to think about that.......wonder if i can find the trigger, wonders what it looks like,....

...noeleena...

Banned Read only
    Taking a shower. Or to look at it another way, getting rid of the sweat and dirt from jogging/exercising.

Of course, this is tied into some thing else. I've spent the past five years learning fifty million things about being an adult. I still can't figure out how to do laundry though, so I usually only dress when I'm as clean as possible. Thus, the feeling of being feminine is triggered by cleaniness.

I would have to say my trigger is the moment when I walk out of the bedroom and walk past the mirror in the hallway. Seeing Megan look back at me really makes me feel so feminine. Before I came to accept Megan as a part of me, I found something as simple as wearing a single article of clothing was all it took. While I miss being able to throw on a pair of stockings and feel feminine, I think it shows how repressed I was and that before I could dress more openly how much Megan was really screaming for some time out.

Platinum Member
    Hi Dawn, I'm always thinking about what I'll pull out of the closet this Evening and what shoes will look best with that outfit.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Quote Originally Posted by Eryn View Post
    I still haven't figured out this "feel fem" thing very well. I feel like me all the time, but I feel happier when I have the freedom to wear what I want.

I push the limits in male mode with brightly-colored (but still male) tops and women's shorts, capris, or jeans that are not too short, embellished, or tight. It's really a fools' game, but I've established my male bone-fides with my muggle friends so I don't really care if they think that I've gone a bit feminine.
    Yes definitely happier!! For me the "feel fem" thing is the feeling and acting like a female not just a man in a dress. It is the crossing the legs, the feminine walk, just getting to let loose.

I like you have "changed" my male style. We are in the process of moving and about a month of so ago I said "Screw it!! You know what I like the bright pretty colors and it makes me feel good about me." So I went out and bought new shirts that are men's but border on female looking. Also started wearing ladies shorts as well. I like you have established my manliness so to speak. However I have had a couple of people pass away that were younger than I and life is too short not to be happy so like you my friends can think I am more fem but I JUST DON'T CARE! Shaved head to toe, wear shorts, t-shirts, have longish shaped finger nails, and have soft pedicured feet. Where we live now no one bats an eye. I go to Wal-Mart and have to admit almost looking female and nothing not even a thought to anyone. Back home I would have been asked by 100 people what was up.

I LOVE all the different answers here! This was exactly what I was hoping for!! I find it interesting to learn about people and what makes them tick. Thank you to all that have shared!!
    Last edited by Lorileah; 07-21-2013 at 10:19 PM. Reason: merged consecutive posts,

Not sure how to define my trigger, clothes help get my look together, but If I don't feel feminine to start with, I'll feel like as the "Brits say " a bloke in a dress", but when I wake up feeling all girly, I can get up and dress to the nines, Nylons wig, make up perfume and all, or I can throw on a feminine T and a pair of Capri's or shorts, forget about shaving or anything else, as long as what I'm wearing came out of the women's dept. As I don't have one stich of man clothes on me, I'm a happy girl!
    Magic is the art of changing consciousness at will.

Just changing my outward appearance is enough for me.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Tonya, the SHOE monster! rocketscientist's Avatar
    I would have to say it's not any one thing specifically but many that trigger my fem feelings at different times. Maybe I'm just a weird duck. It hits me first thing in the morning sometime. I actually dress with full makeup an hour before I go to work. The idea is just planted in my head as soon as I open my eyes. Where's the "trigger" there? Sometimes it's just to wear what I bought just last night. Other times I could see a pretty girl with a nice outfit and just wonder how I can duplicate her look. Then I set about doing just that. I can walk into Wallyworld for some eggs or something, as soon as I glance over to the clothes I gotta see what's on the clearance rack. I suppose I'm a walking contradiction. I must look strange to say the least looking at bright pink clothes wearing steel toe shoes, a work uniform and a five o' clock shadow! I have accepted that my id is in a constant state of flux. Kinda like walking a tightrope of sorts. I don't worry too much about it anymore. Doesn't help to worry. I hope that makes sense. What was the question again? LoL. Hugs,Tonya
    "Be yourself, everyone else is already taken" = Oscar Wilde

Shaved smooth legs and wearing pantyhose. This has always been the catalyst.

Seeing an attractive, classily dressed woman wherever, does it for me.