Thread: A night in Denver?

A night in Denver?

Tonight is the night. I have waited all week for this opportunity and now don't exactly know what to do with it.

You gals suggested maybe the Black Crown Lounge on South Broadway which I appreciate. I drove by there today. The Black Crown was called Cero many years ago. I am sure with the change in name & management, that it has changed some. I only went there once, but based on the online reviews and descriptions, I am wondering if Black Crown is an okay place for a solo gurl to go on a Saturday night. In fact, as desperately as I want to go out tonight, I am very concerned about going out on my own.

I am not the daring young CD I was years ago when I used to just go out on my own. I am older, wiser and more aware of the dangers facing women (both part time and full time women) going out in public alone. Not to mention the fact that I am no longer single and looking for opportunities to "hookup" now that I am married and have children.

My other question is what should I wear? What sort of thing would be appropriate for these places?

Lady in Being (7/20/17) AmyGaleRT's Avatar
    The two times I've been there, I was a bit on the dressy side, but I've seen women there (both T and GG) in lots of different outfits. Lori could probably tell you more, she's there quite often and even sings there.

If I knew when you were going to be there, I'd see if Sabrina could let me out for a little while. That way at least you wouldn't feel alone!

- Amy
    Amy Gale Ruth Bowersox (nee Tapie) - "Be who you are, and be it in style!"
    Member, Board of Trustees, Gender Identity Center of Colorado
    aka Amelia Storm - Ms. Majestic Hearts of All Colorado 2018-2019, Miss Majestic Hearts of All Colorado 2015-2016

I am getting dressed now. Whether I will be brave enough to venture out of the house is yet to be determined.

All dressed up and ready to go.... and now the question is whether I'm really up to it or not....

(I got your message, Amy... I just don't know yet).

Maybe a simple drive? I did promise my wife I wouldn't get a DUI tonight, but it may require a little liquid courage to go out.

If you're not up to it, don't push it. There will be other times, don't fret.

I'm going to send you another message that might help.

- Amy
    aka Amelia Storm - Ms. Majestic Hearts of All Colorado 2018-2019, Miss Majestic Hearts of All Colorado 2015-2016

Hey there!

I'm in Denver too and wish you the best of luck on your adventure!

PM me sometime if you ever need a "wing-girl"

Platinum Member
    Hi Virtua Grl, So how did it go last night??
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Sometimes it is a bit sad being older and wiser.
    What happened with living on the edge and throwing caution to the wind.
    I don't know either as I have become older.

Who said anything about wiser?
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Did you go? If you went to the Black Crown you could have said hello! I was out back on the patio (picture below, not a great one) having a wonderful time with some friends. It's absolutely a safe place, but you just need to do what's comfortable for you.

As Amy said, it's not worth it to push it with alcohol, but hopefully you had a good time. Also, you sure can wear anything. I've been there in a T-shirt and shorts and in nice dresses and just about everything in-between.

-Bree

Nightcap by Bree Wagner, on Flickr
    Last edited by Bree Wagner; 07-22-2013 at 09:15 PM.

Just can't help myself! Brenda456's Avatar
    With any luck, I may get to Denver this weekend. Rockies and the Black Crown. Could be fun!

Hey y'all, just a quick update. Thank you for all of your support. I wish I had heard from y'all on Saturday night. I ended up just staying home. All dressed up with no place to go (For the curious, I had done full makeup, nails, longish auburn wig, a short denim mini (by short I mean mid to upper thigh), a black knit tee, and 4" black stilettos). To be honest, by the time I was ready to go and felt up to it, it was about 10:30 and I live a good 45+ min from downtown. I just felt it would be too late and not knowing who would be there and not knowing enough about the Black Crowne I opted to rent a movie through VOD and just curled up on the couch instead.

Hopefully there will be another opportunity soon and I'll be a little more bold, especially now that I know a few friendly faces. :*)

Hi VG - it's too bad, in one sense, that this past Saturday didn't work out completely you (or a big part of you) may have hoped. But I'd offer these thoughts to bolster your feelings: there is probably not a single one of us who didn't, way back when, get "all ready to go" and then back out. I certainly did, on two separate occasions early on. Plus, this is supposed to be fun, and it is not a competition. The whole idea is for you to have fun, to feel good, to enjoy yourself; it is 100% subjective, and the only question at all is how it feels for you. When I, for one, do get to Denver I do love the B.C., and if it ever happens that you get there I would love to bump in to you; but - no matter what - please look on the whole world of CDing as a huge smorgasbord where you can pick and choose what pleases you, and you can happily leave everything else for others to sample. Big hugs! Diane

Never worry about going to the Black Crown alone or with friends. If you do go solo, there will almost always be someone there for you to sit with. As mentioned it is "my house" and if you see me there come and say hi. If I see you there alone expect I will say hi.

If you are out this weekend, come on down. I may not be there Friday but I will be Saturday for sure. Always glad to meet new people.

(if you can come on Thursdays we would love to have you sing along...I won't be there this Thursday I have another show to do)
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

VirtuaGrl: Are you up to trying again? I plan to be there on Saturday night (I've cleared it with Sabrina and everything ). At least you know you won't be alone if you do come!

- Amy

When you feel the timing is right , your gonna cross the threshhold and do it.
    It sounds like your not going to be alone ehen you go out as theres alot of nice girls here willing to help your first time out.
    Maybe if you can plan a meeting some place and then go as a group you may feel more comfortable.
    Wish you all the courage for that first time, your gonna love it girl.
    Nothing more relaxing then being outside.
    Hugs
    Renee