Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ever been BETRAYED?

I am a transgendered girl, hoping someday to be a woman. I am 24/7, and let those who need to know who I really am. Have told no one in my exes family, as they are no longer a part of my life. There are still a couple family members in the community I live in who have seen me at the store shopping, so I am sure the word has spread faster than the e-mail I am getting ready to send right now. Oh, the joys of family.

Bobbi

Yes, I was betrayed once. It's a very long story but I told a friend who I also dated for a short time. She ranted and raved about how wonderful her two best friends were (married couple) and then when I met them they were VERY cold and standoffish. Turns out she not only told them but she had told her entire family and group of friends after I had her promise not too. I immediately terminated our relationship. She said she felt bad for telling people, I don't know if she was sincere about feeling bad or not but what I do know is that she was the type of person who just couldn't seem to help herself in more ways than one. She had absolutely no sense boundaries or limitations. I was very upset at the time but learned some very valuable lessons.

I doubt there are many that haven't been betrayed in some way. If it wasn't gender issues,perhaps it was sexuality issues,or love issues,or financial issues,etc. However,when all the "collateral damage" is done,we are still alive! So,for those on here that fear being outed,etc..I say that you will be stronger after you have been and find that you didn't "die from it"! And later,may realize that it was only one of life's "tests", and you passed! My experiences,anyway...
    It SURE is my hair ! I have the receipt and the box it came in !

People always look at me funny.
    Betrayal, I will find out one day.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

There's that smile! CarlaWestin's Avatar
    I believe that all of us have weathered mini-betrayals throughout our lives but the CD outings are the most hurtful. My ex helped me with a full transformation and took pictures. I was basking in the loving warmth of marital trust until the pictures were used during divorce proceedings. Her current husband, you know, the one she was doing during our marriage, would give me looks. That was 20 years ago. Last I heard, all of her evil exploded inside her and then she had a stroke and is now a semi-vegetative angry burden for hubby. I'll be sure to pick a nice sundress for the funeral.
    I've waited so long for this time. Makeup is so frustrating. Shaking hands and I look so old. This was a mistake.
    My new maid's outfit is cute. Sure fits tight.
    And then I step into the bedroom and in the mirror, I see a beautiful woman looking back at me.
    Smile, Honey! You look fabulous!

A secret should stay a secret ....Betrayal is easy to people ...that can cause a big trouble in our lives ,,,,especially cross dressing ....Most of us will stay in secret for this can turn the light off for us ......make sure the person who you have told can take that burden by testing him several times ...

Never to any real extent, but then I've always lived by the old school rule," if I told you, I'd have to kill you!"
    Most people are so desperate to be liked and understood, they eagerly speak of private matters. That's why I don't discuss my finances, love life, or gender variations, with any one that does not need to know. At this point, that is only my wife, and an ex wife that did use it in a child custody hearing, to no avail.
    When it was over heard in the court room by my older brother, I had to tell him, but he was my big brother, and willing took it to his grave as far as I know, it never came back to me if he did ever tell anyone.
    I believe people should mind there own business, and I do mine by not being that open. I don't gossip, and I don't plan to be food for the gossip mill.
    Magic is the art of changing consciousness at will.

Yes. My wife and I have always agreed that my CDing would remain private. But when we picked up two of her family members from the airport (from another country, speaking a language I don't understand), she told them on the way back from the airport. Then she told me she told them! That was quick! She explained they don't care and it doesn't affect how they think of me (yeah, right). Nothing bad came of it, and I hold no grudges, but it was still a betrayal.
    I never let them see me transformed, in person or pics.

Quote Originally Posted by Sabrina133 View Post
    I am in the legal profession. Believe it or not, the legal profession is the true last legally sanctioned slave shop organization left in the US. It was deemed as embarrassing to the firm - grounds for termination.
    Ugh, that sucks. Maybe other states in the US have more protection? Having to uproot is horrible, though.

Aspiring Member
    The worst betrayals can come from an ex-wife. I suppose that's a given. During my divorce in the 1980's my ex spilled it out to many including my family. It wasn't long before it got around the small town we lived in. Even my best friend started to avoid me. He died several years ago but his widow and I still get along great when we see each other. Of course it also spread through my workplace and I remember the snickers and whispers. I was also subject to some covert bullying without anyone directly saying something to my face. It got so that when I met my current wife, her family knew before we married. I'd still like to know how they found out. None ever said anything and they were always kind to me. I just found that out.

During my divorce, I had many friends, male and female that supported me. One gal even said, "How could -------- do that to you?!"

But before I met my second wife I was dating a gal who knew. She was very open minded but in other ways we weren't a match. She did say something to calm my fears about what people heard. "Believe what you see and half of what you hear." That's why I don't do ANY pictures.

Today I have a lot of great friends and I've confided in a few. I don't give a rat's a$$ if they say something because now I'm retired and have an awesome wife and good financials. Whatever doesn't kill me only makes me stronger. All along since that nasty divorce I learned to hold my head high and carry on a normal life being successful and respectable in many ways.

As they say, "Living well is the best revenge." If anyone wants to put me down it only speaks volumes about their own character, insecurities, and vindictive capability. I can be a tough SOB.

The rest can go to hell. And I've seen some of my worst enemies do just that. My ex fought a long drug battle as an example.

Today if anyone has a problem with me, they can F off.

Cheryl Ann

My son's girlfriend posted pictures of me dressed on my son's facebook when they got in a fight and split up, the thanks I get for buying her tires, paying to repair her exhaust system, paying 1000.00 towards her school, and buying her prom dress and shoes and a few nice dinners, yes... she knew I dressed as I was in gurl mode when we (son, her, and I ) shopped for the dress and went to dinner a few times, I never heard anything about it from family or friends about it, my wife of coarse was super pissed as it showed on her feed when it was posted so she was all worried as to who saw it also before it was deleted (it was up for 4-5 hrs late at night). Had another one of my son's friends who is great with computers get control of the facebook back after she had changed the password a few days later, I was very upset, hurt and worried about the repercussions of coarse... the only good thing was that I was glad that it was one of my better pictures,lol... the caption read "this is my dad and I hove him, Isn't he beautiful ?"

Quote Originally Posted by Rogina B View Post
    I doubt there are many that haven't been betrayed in some way. If it wasn't gender issues,perhaps it was sexuality issues,or love issues,or financial issues,etc. However,when all the "collateral damage" is done,we are still alive! So,for those on here that fear being outed,etc..I say that you will be stronger after you have been and find that you didn't "die from it"! And later,may realize that it was only one of life's "tests", and you passed! My experiences,anyway...
    Very true and very well said. It made me feel much better after reading that while I am reliving this event, Thank-you very much
    Last edited by Lorileah; 07-25-2013 at 01:11 PM. Reason: merged consecutive posts. try and merge posts with edit when you post so close together thanks

can you say out loud to yourself and to others if possible without hesitation,guiltfeelings or any other kind of trepitation:I AM A CROSSDRESSER(or whatever box you fall into)?if yes you can face it all and come out better off and stronger in the long run.
    where has all the glamour gone?
    marlene dietrich is my idol

When my then fiancée found out about me she was so shocked that she went around telling many people. In my mind that wasn't exactly betrayal and I can understand why she did it despite me begging her not to.

Fast forward a few years after we were married. After we joined a church it was about two years later that she went to our pastor and told him about me. That was bad enough. The pastor had to go home and tell his gossipy wife! We eventually separated for a little more than a year.

About ten years after that she again went to our pastor (same church different pastor) and again told him about me. Once again another year long separation. The congregation was told and I was told to leave the church.

Quote Originally Posted by BillieJoEllen View Post
    ............. About ten years after that she again went to our pastor (same church different pastor) and again told him about me. Once again another year long separation. The congregation was told and I was told to leave the church.
    I've never been able to understand how a church and church people can do things like that. I remember a very long time ago when my parent's church allowed a couple black families to join. Several families dropped out and joined other churches.

I don't want to get into religion, but isn't church about loving all God's children? Wouldn't that include crossdressers? Gay people? People of other races?
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda

Aspiring Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BillieJoEllen View Post
    When my then fiancée found out about me she was so shocked that she went around telling many people. In my mind that wasn't exactly betrayal and I can understand why she did it despite me begging her not to.

Fast forward a few years after we were married. After we joined a church it was about two years later that she went to our pastor and told him about me. That was bad enough. The pastor had to go home and tell his gossipy wife! We eventually separated for a little more than a year.

About ten years after that she again went to our pastor (same church different pastor) and again told him about me. Once again another year long separation. The congregation was told and I was told to leave the church.
    That sucks! What hyppocrites! I had a similar experience and while I didn't disclose my inclinations about crossdressing to a pastor, the church secretary was in another room taking in everything I was talking about. Surer than S---, the word got out about my marital problems. No wonder I turned my back on organized religion and that church in particular. Too many self-riteous a$$h---- out there!

Cheryl