Thread: How did yhou know you made it?

How did yhou know you made it?

I have been thinking about those stirrup pants I found the other day and how far I have come. I got to thinking of some of my first outings other than clubs and bars and how much fun they were. I think the one that may tell me I had truly taken the step to passability was a trip to the grocery store way back in about 86 or 87 and how no one gave me a second look as I roamed the aisles in jeans and a sweater with my purse nestled in the seat of the shopping cart just picking up some stuff I needed. I felt so feminine and so complete.

Have any of you had such a simple experience tat told you you had made it!

You are so right, Trudy, it is a long road from those first stirrings of crossdressing to that moment when you think you've made it.

What are the lines from The Jeffersons (click here, contains audio) theme song?
    "Took a whole lotta tryin'
    Just to get up that hill.
    Now we're up in the big leagues
    Gettin' our turn at bat.
    As long as we live, it's you and me baby
    There ain't nothin wrong with that"

I think my moment was when I first walked into the room with the women's group I'd been invited to join, was introduced as Barbara, took a seat at the table, and was accepted.

Hugs,
    Persephone (Real name Barbara).
    "If you are living the life you want to live you've successfully transitioned to being the person you want to be." - Eryn.

"If you truly care about me you should damn well want for me what I want for myself" - Michael Westen (Burn Notice)

-.-. --.-/-.-. --.-/-.-. -../ Persephone™ and Persephone™ are trademarks of Persephone herself, accept no substitutes. The terms "en femme" and "en drab" originated with Marcia Sampson/Staylace (OBM).

I'm with Persephone on this one it is a long journey but when you arrive it feels oh so good.

My day of arrival came one day at the mall when I wrote a check at Penney's and the sales clerk asked to see my driver's license. She looked at it and then at me and smiled and said I would have never guessed!
    Some ask why? Some ask why not? I ask "Does this pump come in a 9 1/2?"

I cam out to my mother and 3 sisters back in the 80's with mixed results however over time we they came to accept me. It was a few years after that I was out one day dressed in my favorite skirted suit and decided to stop in to see my mother. I walked in the door and she smiled at me and said hi Julie, one of my sisters! I stood there for a second then she realized who I was and apologized, I told her not to worry. All my sisters have a family resemblance however I have always thought Julie to be the prettiest one, guess Mom gave me 2 compliments that day!

Silver Member
    Had a male friend who talked me into going to a couples free event as his "date". Started as a joke, but landlady who worked as a beautician coached me. She was aware that I CD and did the transformation. He was dumbfounded when he saw me. After that I often went out as Liz. Later I modeled some clothes for one of my aunts who said I walked and looked like my mother who was very attractive.

Hi,

So this... how do you know you'v arrived or you know you'v made it. Oh dear . dare i even even think it, let alone do it,

How i see myself in this i will have to say never, im not compleat well not born compleat . its up to others to say & answer this ? not for myself to answer . For myself what i am is over to others as to wether they accept who i am , i would say most accept me with out ? of cause there will allways be a few who wont because of what ever thier reasons are,

my friends have confirmed to myself thier friendship & how close we are, if not they would not wont me to be around them , so how you see in what iv said will give you an idear of an answer to your ? you can decide that,

...noeleena...

I was in the Houston Galleria last September dresses in a pant suits. When I saw a line outside a MAC store I casuallt asked a young woman was was going on, she answered politly. Then it dawned on me I didn't even hestiate or think about it I just asked as a woman and she responded tome as if Iwere a women.

No nerves or trepidation

Banned Spammer
    After a bitter divorce, yes due to my dressing , I figured my ex wouldn't even come to spit on my grave. A few months ago I was in Wally World late one Saturday evening on my way home from a friend's. I was dressed in a casual skirt, top, and heels. I heard someone behind me and turned to see my ex standing there. After a few pleasantries she looked me up and down and smiled. "Too bad you are so tall, you make a good looing woman." That told me I had accomplished the look!

Nice thread. Thank you all for sharing that......................made my morning....

One day I had to go to the courthouse downtown, and was waiting for thr crosswalk sign.
    A lady next to me said I looked very nice. So I replied and she said Omg I never would have guessed, as you see my voice isnt manly but not femenine either.
    We talked for a few as we walked to the courthouse.
    That was kinda the cherry on the sundae for me.
    Xoxoxo
    Renee

i became bored with it..nobody even cared/noticed...have not done anything in several years...i am down to nutin but foundation garmets on a daily basis and nobody even notices that..when mrs snoots started coming home with hers/hers i just threw in the towel..no point in it any more...only thing really left is i have to do her makeup daily..heck its brought us closer together so no biggie

I knew I had made it when a boy I dated wanted to see me again.
    My girlfriends were enthusiastic, but I wasn't.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

You know you've made it, when your not made....

Now, when you realize that has happened, thats might be hard to remember for some.

For me it was a Friday night in September 1978. Wife and I had gone out for dinner - not fancy, just our usual Friday night out after a work week (pizza and a movie). We were both dressed fairly similar in white t shirt and jeans, don't remember her shoes but me in penny loafers. Yes t shirt and jeans were both womens and while not blatant were obviously girls. No I wasn't wearing a bra...i wasn't even trying to pass. My hair was shoulder length and not in a pony tail that night. We were constantly being addressed as "ladies" and singularly as "miss". Since this was 1978 and people were not into PC or being so nice we assumed I was being fully accepted as a woman without even trying. It was that night that the proverbial ball got rolling for her to make me more feminine all the time...