Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Do I really want too Pass as GG

Quote Originally Posted by Jenniferathome View Post
    Now, WHEN I have engaged any "normal" while I was dressed, no one shied away and everyone seemed to get past it quickly.
    I find the same thing.

There is a wonderful quote from Lacey Leigh's book Out and About: "When others recognize you as a man in a dress and they still treat you with respect and courtesy, it means one thing: they pass!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Proud member of the Lacey Leigh Fan Club

Hi,

Trying to be like or being are two entierly different details so its about passing okay for some its importaint , why they being male dont wont to be seen as male because that will blow thier cover, & will be found out, trying to trick or fool others seems to me to be the game being played or played out . yet some blow thier cover as soon as they talk.

Okay thats for the trying to be like = a woman. just to add to that i do think those who do who are very convincing do a lovely work of art well very good in fact.

Those of us who dont pass or even look like a woman not convincing or pass dont look lovely is very divided between those who dress & maybe dont interact because they dont pass & those of us who are female dont pass have a life get on with it live it accept it & interact with others every day of thier/ our life dont have any other oppition we just have to any way ,

yes looked at wondered about not understood & maybe thought of as retarded, or other. or weird proberly correct for myself,
    we cant change who we are or our looks,
    To Erin

Now some one said ...attractive ...even if one can not pass. oh you are refering to men being dressed , well i think thats what you mean, heres the dilemer, im not attractive not a male yet have a masculine look about my facial features, dont look female, yet i am, born wrong, i dought one in a 100 millon would say im attractive, in any way shape or form. no beauty here .

Okay im putting the boot in here, oh dear, i dont see any beauty in my self okay, nore could i accept it, iv had 55 out of allmost 66 years to know that, hated how i looked then & nothing changed since then.dont like how i look now, yet i can see beauty in others ,or a beauty about that person wether in looks or comeing from the person or something about that person .

No wonder i struggle with clothes what i wear , as iv said a woman can wear the clothes & bring them to life, some just wear the clothes, i wear the clothes & thats all. oh well .....

...noeleena...

It is only recently that I have taken this seriously. I have put a lot effort into my looks. The presentation is important. Yet it doesn't matter to me how much I spend or how much I try to look good. If I don't "feel" I am passable, I never will be. Most of it is between the ears.

If I knew that I can completely pass would be awesome but I have certain male characteristics that stand out. I get confused just but I know that this makes me comfortable and willing to take the risk dressing even knowing how much it can turn my life upside down if it got out. I realized the hardest part is not being able to share my feelings like you other girls can.

Hello Victoria. I always like your questions.
    I want to look as good as I can.
    To get the girl in the mirror looking as good as she is in my head, or close anyhow.
    Pass, not pass - no matter.
    So long as I don't bring offense to womanhood
    So many things trigger people's perception that something is up - how we walk/stand/talk
    How wide our hips are in proportion to our shoulders.
    Confidence is still, I think the best part of it.
    And, being comfortable in our presentation, at ease with ourselves, who cares?
    Learning to be me - the best me I can be

Platinum Member
    Hi Victoria, When I dress I want to look as much as a GG as I can it's all or nothing.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Banned Read only
    Hi All.

I appreciate all your responses. What I feel as of lately, is that even though I thoroughly enjoy donning the attire as a woman does, I still want "my" real person to exist. I don't want too hide it, I just want to (amplify it?) or whatever you may call it. I am "me" whether wearing a beautiful dress and heels or wearing drab. Clothing is just a cover. "Me" isn't. I'm real and the clothing is not. I think that looking beyond the clothing into the heart of someone is a "gift" that many don't have. Those poor folks feel that the exterior makes a person. Because of that reason, many will sacrifice people in their lives that would have been a Godsend too them in helping them "be all they can be". But, alas, Many choose to play the "I'll go w/ the pack" mentality because of fear or embarrassment.

I have two advantages, light skin and fair beard cover, no adams apple and good cleavage.
    The voice can let me down.
    I passed as a GG years ago. Not now though.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Hey Ms Mystic. Sure I will never 'pass' as a GG, not even a homely one. But if this hung me up, it would be back to the purges again and that just ain't happening.

So, having given up on passing as a GG, my objective has become passing as a CD (perhaps even a bit cute Short of HRT, SRS, FFS and a whole lot of $$$, passing is not in the realm of the doable and I recognize that. But give up working on being the best Robin I can, just not going to happen.

As to the reactions of others, I don't pay them much attention as a guy, certainly not going to change that enfemme. The Neanderthal that wants to get 'in your face' physical about it needs to remember heels just add another tool to the self defense arsenal.

Be all you can be, as a CD.

Hugs, Robin

I have given this whole passing/dressing thing some thought before, and to me it seems that 'passing' isn't necessarily everyone's endgame at all. There's a whole range of personal goals you can pick as a cross-dresser, from simply wearing some clothes right up until fully transitioning. It probably is something you grow into until you've reached a point you're comfortable with. I mean, how many people we consider 'cross-dressers' actually only 'underdress' or do this 50/50 thing and are perfectly happy with it? Everybody here can set their own goal, and I do think that yours sounds really compelling and something worth considering.

Banned Read only
    I try to not look like anyone else except me. Some days that is hard to do. Worry less about passing and more about just being yourself.

My sentiments,exactly! And,I enjoy my celebrity status! Everyone always remembers me! And it is all good as any onlookers soon realize that I am accepted as a friend by the same person that they want to be accepted by,so the effect multiplies.All good!
    Quote Originally Posted by Claire Cook View Post
    I find the same thing.

There is a wonderful quote from Lacey Leigh's book Out and About: "When others recognize you as a man in a dress and they still treat you with respect and courtesy, it means one thing: they pass!"
    It SURE is my hair ! I have the receipt and the box it came in !

Quote Originally Posted by BLUE ORCHID View Post
    Hi Victoria, When I dress I want to look as much as a GG as I can it's all or nothing.
    Well,that isn't the same as passing close quarters muster as a GG !I am out all the time and can name any number of observant people that I have a "upfront,in your face ,personal encounter with all the time"..Many people could never be fooled,however they have the decency and manners to enjoy the effort I make to look good. So.."they pass"!!
    It SURE is my hair ! I have the receipt and the box it came in !

Banned Read only
    Hi All

Now, these observations of mine have been in the evening going to and from some clubs. I would like to experience this during the day at maybe the mall. I would just like too sit at one those chairs they have throughout the place and just watch people go by. I believe Linda had a thread about this. Then I'll window shop, have lunch and then a movie. It's sounds like it would a wonderful experience. During the week I believe would be Best. There's a wonderful Mall in downtown SA and they even have the IMAX there. I can do the Riverwalk( I won't be wearing spikes though, that's for sure) and see The Alamo................YAY.

Quote Originally Posted by Princess Chantal View Post
    I couldn't give 2 poopies about passing as a gg any more. All that I care about is enjoying my crossdressing session to the fullest. When I had my mind set on passing, I just wasn't really enjoying the time. Seemed like my dressing sessions were to please others and not me. Wearing clothes that I didn't have an appreciation for, not wearing items that I had a deep passion for because "gg's don't wear them", public outtings turned to stressing about the "passing test", and the pictures looked so darn boring
    I love this perspective! When I'm not obsessed about passing and even tell myself it's OK if I don't fool anyone, I have the best time. I think there's something to that approach.

Quote Originally Posted by MysticLady View Post
    Hi All.

I appreciate all your responses. What I feel as of lately, is that even though I thoroughly enjoy donning the attire as a woman does, I still want "my" real person to exist. I don't want too hide it, I just want to (amplify it?) or whatever you may call it. I am "me" whether wearing a beautiful dress and heels or wearing drab. Clothing is just a cover. "Me" isn't. I'm real and the clothing is not. I think that looking beyond the clothing into the heart of someone is a "gift" that many don't have. Those poor folks feel that the exterior makes a person. Because of that reason, many will sacrifice people in their lives that would have been a Godsend too them in helping them "be all they can be". But, alas, Many choose to play the "I'll go w/ the pack" mentality because of fear or embarrassment.
    I like your viewpoint you describe here, Mystic. Like you, I want my personality to shine through regardless of my clothing. Thanks for a very thought-provoking thread.
    Last edited by Di; 07-29-2013 at 10:17 PM.

Banned Read only
    You're very welcomed Amanda. But these are just my feelings that's all, nothing special.

Quote Originally Posted by MysticLady View Post
    Hi All

Now, these observations of mine have been in the evening going to and from some clubs. I would like to experience this during the day at maybe the mall. I would just like too sit at one those chairs they have throughout the place and just watch people go by. I believe Linda had a thread about this. Then I'll window shop, have lunch and then a movie. It's sounds like it would a wonderful experience. During the week I believe would be Best. There's a wonderful Mall in downtown SA and they even have the IMAX there. I can do the Riverwalk( I won't be wearing spikes though, that's for sure) and see The Alamo................YAY.
    Mystic lady - I did this yesterday. Exactly (apart from the movie). I sat in a coffee shop and watched people go by. I was petrified until I found no one was paying attention to me. I walked around the mall and went in to a few shops. I got some glances but I was wearing a bright pink suit so it could have been that. It was great fun, apart from the guy who mentally undressed me (I see why women hate that look). (this was upsetting to me as it wasn't, "look a guy in drag"- there were 3 guys and this one guy looked from my face to my legs and lingered on my boobs. There wernt any sniggers or nasty comments just the look - it was horrible)..Altogether though very enjoyable, but wont do it again..Ellie

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Joker I saw 3 women today that had adams apples so get out there you big chicken!!!

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Ellie52 View Post
    Mystic lady - I did this yesterday. Exactly (apart from the movie). I sat in a coffee shop and watched people go by.
    Hi Ellie, I'm glad(aside from the 3 guys) that you had a good time. Who knows, maybe the 3 guys were admiring you for whatever reason. Could have been that you were attractive too look at or, just having the balls to do what you did. Anyway, kiddo, you know what enough and that's great. I'm glad you did it. Once I do mine venture, I'll share my experience. Thank You for sharing yours.

I truly and really would like to pass but body shape etc.indicates it will not happen.i do believe if I was 25-30 years younger I would transform.I have been wearing breast forms for some time now and I am going to be in contact with a Doctor in Colorado to have implants and that is all.

Society is a "b!tc&" !!!

The "pack" and the "nehanderthals" have allways and will allways be around I guess.
    Why people can't just let "people be" ? Maybe sometime things will change, perceptions and mindset as the world becomes more advanced
    and less "conservative" ?

South African men and a great percentage of woman too...have been brought up very conservatively and "christian-minded" - You be from thr "devil", you are a
    "freak" or some kind of mental condition if you are made...you might even get into a fist fight, chances are good....

In my own personal case - I believe that I was born in the wrong body or a part of it anyway. So I want to Pass !

I want to be out as a Girl, nothing more nothing less.
    Unfortunately I am not like most "real girls", in that I am attrated to men as they are. I am Lesbian or otherwise attracted to TG-Girls.

I don't want or need any confrontation and welcome all Woman to have a chat with and I would speak with guys too as long as they could/would respect me for me,
    just as I respect others for who/what they are.

So Yes, I want to Pass ! Most I believe dress to be Femme...others dress because the like the feel of woman's clothing etc. Each to his/her own.

Luckily I am only 5'7" barefoot and smallish biult 61.5kg (135 pounds) not to masculine but still.

At the end of the day each must do it for their own reasons and be comfotable with it and have fun...

Life is for Living !!!
    What does not kill us makes us stronger !

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Courtneigh View Post
    Life is for Living !!!
    I totally Agree. You go and Be Yourself. Keep your Guard up for the freaks. If you have too bust them up, then do it, if need be. In my experience, if they see your confident, they'll leave you alone.

Thank you Erin,
    As a man who has absolutely no desire of passing or even vaguely resembling a woman it's nice to know that there are some women who could accept "a guy in skirt".

Live it! Love it! BeckyAnderson's Avatar
    Not really. All I want to do is to be myself. Yes, I love going out when dressed and I have always interacted with anyone who wants to strike up a conversation. I make absolutely no attempt to disguise my voice and it is obvious that I am a guy dressed as a woman. The interesting thing that I have found in all the times I have been out is that, for the most part, people want to talk with me. I guess it's a bit of curiosity or perhaps they know others who enjoy our passion or maybe they are just trying to find some answers. In any case, those who don't stop and talk have about the same reaction as they would when looking at some to who has an overly obvious tattoo, etc. Hugs, Becky

Banned Read only
    Well, when I see a man "as a woman dresses", his masculine features are an added beauty enhancement. Just like a mole on Marilyn Monroe's face. A slight beard shadow through makeup could be seen as that, a beauty mark. A confident man walking is, a confident man walking, no matter how he's dressed. That confidence, believe it or not, is a beauty mark that many seek in someone, man or woman.