Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Your opinion on CD's altering their pics in Photoshop

I'm not too keen on photo alteration. I love using my film camera and just getting some good ole fashioned film photos untouched.

Hi.

Im a photographa a true'st what i see is true to form & what the camara takes is just that. no cooking or other detail done.

my pic = avatar is what Jos took of myself plus one other of Jos & i some where on here, & come to think of it Kaylyn our daughter took that one , & thats all i could get up on here, any others will be the same on other forums .under noeleena.

...noeleena...

I think it is the same as all the other lies we tell on the internet.
    Information you withhold is like lying as well.
    I have been known to stretch a point from time to time.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Quote Originally Posted by ~Joanne~ View Post
    Since most of what is seen HERE on the forum is from my neck down, hardly anything past crop is preformed on them. My legs are my legs and so on. I have a few very close friends that have seen full pics and believe me, I wish I had altered them sometimes lol
    It's too bad it's come to this but I can vouch for Joanne, she is the real deal as I've seen her unaltered photos. Ohh..and she has no reason to hide her face. She does have great legs too.

She can also vouch for me as she's seen my unedited but cropped leg photo (I removed the upper half of my body) and she removed the corset string I got teased about. She also saw an extreme closeup of my face (current avatar).

I see no reason for anybody to change anything they're doing as far as pictures are concerned. Keep doing your own thing and keep posting pics.

Just a touch of class Lynn Marie's Avatar
    I never post to the picture gallery. I find Flickr to be a much better place to showcase those few lucky shots when the camera and I are communicating! Flickr also allows me to present a profile and contacts that gives the viewer a much better idea of who I am and the friends I cultivate. I only crop, resize, and adjust exposure as necessary. I use clothing and makeup to hide my deficiencies and accentuate my more fortunate attributes.

Agree to disagree?

So we've seen the whole range here - from people who don't alter their pictures to people who alter them to make them look as good as possible. Some people don't like that, others don't care, and some really enjoy looking at altered pics.

I think the best advice is: Don't trust everything you see on the Internet - but unless you think someone is deliberately trying to deceive you for some nefarious purpose, either enjoy looking at the photos, or be amused when you see obvious alterations, and go on to the next picture.

Deedee
    It's not wrong... but it is forbidden!

Other than my wife, no one else knows about me and I don't want to be outed via internet. So, the only picture I have posted to date is on my profile, sans doctoring, except for a blurred out face for the aforesaid reason. If I did post regularly, though, I wouldn't alter my face or body. It's just silly, and unless done by a very skilled person, the results look every bit what they are: fake.

Quote Originally Posted by Deedee Skyblue View Post
    I think the best advice is: Don't trust everything you see on the Internet - but unless you think someone is deliberately trying to deceive you for some nefarious purpose, either enjoy looking at the photos, or be amused when you see obvious alterations, and go on to the next picture.
    Thanks for your insightful words Deedee, I can't say I disagree and I may actually follow your advice

Still I'm glad to know I'm not the only one who prefers a more 'warts and all' Dove advertisement approach.

Let's see. Males transforming our appearance into [hopefully] looking female using shapewear, wigs, fake nails & eyelashes, and makeup. Why would removing a wrinkle using photo-editing software be such a big deal? Does this "deception" idea make women dishonest because they use concealer? Is it dishonest to post an avatar pic that's not you? Unlike gender, is honesty binary?

Quote Originally Posted by Zylia View Post
    Well, how this usually works is you look at a picture and something seems off, and then you start to pay attention to details and you may notice physical improbabilities, or simply just artifacts of the editing process like blurred pixels/edges, cloned areas, etc.
    And some of those pictures look like that because if they've been posted via the forum attachments, the forum will resize them to 75% quality, not saying that for all pictures, but for a majority of them. And pray tell how do you feel cheated?? It's not like you know these people, they aren't your bff's etc... they are here to post pictures in anyway they deem fit to post them and there are NO rules to say they can't edit the hell out of them.

My advice, stop analyzing the pictures and enjoy them... besides, it's creepy!!

Well said Nicole
    Administrator

Missing my Libra babe Sherlyn, I hope she's rocking up there with the angels
    Missing our Rianna, doesn't seem right, gone to early, hope she's partying with Sherlyn

"Making the best with what you're given" and just like lipstick, a little Technology goes a long way.

Quote Originally Posted by Tamara Croft View Post
    And some of those pictures look like that because if they've been posted via the forum attachments, the forum will resize them to 75% quality, not saying that for all pictures, but for a majority of them. And pray tell how do you feel cheated?? It's not like you know these people, they aren't your bff's etc... they are here to post pictures in anyway they deem fit to post them and there are NO rules to say they can't edit the hell out of them.

Sorry but you seem rather defensive here. I just pointed out something I noticed, asked others about their opinion and gave my own opinion on it. I'm here to learn and admire other people practicing the 'art' of cross-dressing, not someone's Photoshop skills. I understand that there are no rules forbidding it and the community seems to be split on whether or not it's 'acceptable' here anyway, so I'll just ignore the threads with doctored images. My opinion has been proven wrong! Thanks!

I, too, am in the only crop, straighten, adjust lighting/contrast camp. I will admit that I've cloned out flash glare on my glasses and bruises on my legs at times. Oh, and I brighten my teeth, too. Otherwise what you see is me, wrinkles, warts and all. Still, if some ladies here feel the need to modify their features more, it up to them. The photos belong to them after all.
    Georgia (Gigi) Maine

Crop, resize, adjust color balance, and edit out anything clearly identifying.

My full body pictures always look odd to me because I have this fat body and skinny legs, but when I look in the mirror, those chicken legs are still there.

I just need to figure out what it is about some bras and some photo angles that make my boobs look gigantic in some pictures and proportional in others. Same boobs all the time, but you would think I was going through a giant collection of forms for the fun of it.

Banned Read only
    I vote we all post of picture of us when we first get out of bed. That way, we'll all be the same. No more whining.

What is the intention of photoshopping? If the intent is harmless, why should anyone care? If you're trying to get a date and drastically changing your appearance, that's deception. Georgia whitened her teeth with photo editing software. Others do it with whitening strips. Wouldn't it be nice if breast enhancement was the same cost as whitening strips?

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    --------------------------------------- so I'll just ignore the threads with doctored images. My opinion has been proven wrong! Thanks!
    Nonsense, Zylia! Opinions r like noses. Everyone has one. Since it IS your opinion it can't be wrong. Unpopular, maybe.

I feel u r as entitled as anyone here to express yours!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    I don't get it really what harm is there? Let people photoshop their pics if they want to.

Quote Originally Posted by Marleena View Post
    It's too bad it's come to this but I can vouch for Joanne, she is the real deal as I've seen her unaltered photos. Ohh..and she has no reason to hide her face. She does have great legs too.

She can also vouch for me as she's seen my unedited but cropped leg photo (I removed the upper half of my body) and she removed the corset string I got teased about. She also saw an extreme closeup of my face (current avatar).
    Thank You Marleena I appreciate Your kind words and support.

I just listed what I may or may not do to my pictures to reply to this post honestly and the OP isn't completely wrong but at the same time isn't completely right either. She has her view on altering pictures and everyone has their own. Anyone that removes blemishes or spots or whatever they chose doesn't make them fake or "cheating" anyone, that's absurd.

Yes, I did remove that corset string because you have very nice legs and I got tired of people teasing you about one silly string that went about it's own business and making that the focal point of the picture Doesn't make the picture any more real or fake because a string is missing lol

Quote Originally Posted by Tamara Croft View Post
    there are NO rules to say they can't edit the hell out of them.

I also agree with Tamara 100%, it's beyond creepy that someone is looking at a picture that closely.

Now I want to edit the hell out of my pictures lol
    Flip Flops were made for Beaches & Bath Houses, We have neither in 2017. Lose the flip flops!

Quote Originally Posted by ~Joanne~ View Post
    I also agree with Tamara 100%, it's beyond creepy that someone is looking at a picture that closely.
    Some people may have made the wrong assumption here. One does not have to go through the forums looking at all the pictures counting the pixels to spot some obvious tinkerers. It's just as simple as noting that a leg doesn't seem to be attached at the hip. That may be a result of a traffic incident, or maybe it's really just the result of someone playing with some of the tools in an editor. I'll just assume it's the former from now on

Banned Read only
    maybe it's really just the result of someone playing with some of the tools in an editor. I'll just assume it's the former from now on
    I got an idea, Let's see who can make the funniest picture using these programs and let's have a vote. I think this will be cool. Problem is , I don't have a program and would probably waste a lifetime trying to figure it out. I still can't type w/o looking at the keyboard......Duh. I know, I'm slow but, that's me

It's just as simple as noting that a leg doesn't seem to be attached at the hip. That may be a result of a traffic incident, or maybe it's really just the result of someone playing with some of the tools in an editor. I'll just assume it's the former from now on
    lol I have never seen a picture on here where a leg , or any other body part, wasn't attached where it was suppose to be.
    Flip Flops were made for Beaches & Bath Houses, We have neither in 2017. Lose the flip flops!

Isn't the idea of the Tazz makeover program or just the idea of putting on make-up creating a more "idealized" female image? I for one approve the use of photoshop to create this image as is the use of any enhancers such as breast forms, hip pads, fake-eye lashes, and any other physical tricks we have in the purse :-P
    I think I feel more like Natalie than I do Kat. I think from this point I will go by Natalie.

Part of a recently ended relationship where a reason why it ended was my crossdressing.

I can imagine a sense of fairness coming into play here. I was watching a girlfriend of mine "play" with her photos with photoshop. I said, " that's not fair! I have to work at it to keep a resonable figure, and the time, money, and skill to do good makeup, and all the fussing to get everything to fit, and look right! Now you just go and make everything perfect with a mouse, and keyboard!" Oh well, I guess life is not fair. :-).

Some people may have made the wrong assumption here. One does not have to go through the forums looking at all the pictures counting the pixels to spot some obvious tinkerers. It's just as simple as noting that a leg doesn't seem to be attached at the hip.
    LOL seriously?? Ok, seems you have a problem with members who aren't being honest... this is quite laughable seeing as they are CD'ers... and quite frankly, I still think it's creepy that you're spending so much time looking at pictures to pick fault like that, wth are you doing?? using a magnifying glass to see if you can see something else?? tut tut... I'd stop that if I were you
    Administrator

Missing my Libra babe Sherlyn, I hope she's rocking up there with the angels
    Missing our Rianna, doesn't seem right, gone to early, hope she's partying with Sherlyn