Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Coping with remarks whilst out dressed

Coping with remarks whilst out dressed

If when out a bloke calls out something like "Oy mate show us your knickers" I just completely ignore it based on the theory that a GG out and about would know it's not aimed at them so passing as a woman I show it is not aimed at me by not rising to it.

Maria
    The Fallen Madonna with the Big Boobies

Girl from the Eagles Nest reb.femme's Avatar
    If he calls out, oi luv, show us your knickers, should I show?

I think it's difficult to sometimes suppress the man within, but probably best not to get into a fight whilst in skirt and heels.

Rebecca
    Last edited by Tamara Croft; 07-31-2013 at 01:36 PM. Reason: no need to quote the first post
    Flying high under the spell of life!

http://www.rebsweb.co.uk

I think ignoring this sort of garbage is the best way out. Unless you are a black belt in some martial art and willing to put the heckler in his place. But then again, you risk breaking a nail in the process, so... basically, just ignore... :P

Just ignore it and make asif you did not hear it...
    What does not kill us makes us stronger !

Rude comments? Who hasn't hear them? You don't have to be cross dressed to hear them, just ignore them and don't let them provoke you. Just like Mom used to say many years ago " don't sink to their level, always be proud of who you are".

Platinum Member
    I'd just ignore if possible, and smile disarmingly if it wasn't possible to totally ignore such remarks

You are doing right, ignore the comments.
    You know you are really doing well when the comments disappear.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Being myself, I probably would have at least wiggled my butt at that comment. But that's just me.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Quote Originally Posted by Jana View Post
    Unless you are a black belt in some martial art and willing to put the heckler in his place.... :P
    Also in most places the person that throws the first punch ends up in jail.
    PLUS if you have special 'skills' that opens you up to major $$$$ legal problems.

Pass on the incident and hope the idiot finds some one else to set him straight.

In the short term, ignoring the insult is the best approach. Watch what the GGs do.

In the long term, find a better place or time to be out and about.
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

The Michael part of me seldom took the opportunity to turn the other cheek when I was young and when I was older, I always had a nasty comeback.

Miki is quite the opposite and would simply walk on by. I like Miki a lot more than Michael!
    When writing the next chapter in your life, start with a pencil and eraser - my first page as Miki is full of eraser marks.

Aspiring Member
    Show your knickers????? I'm not sure what I would do. I might raise my skirt!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ronny0 View Post
    Also in most places the person that throws the first punch ends up in jail.
    PLUS if you have special 'skills' that opens you up to major $$$$ legal problems.

Pass on the incident and hope the idiot finds some one else to set him straight.
    In Texas if someone provokes you, you have a legal right to kick their you-know-what. Yes, we have some peculiar laws, but I suppose that's one reason why Texans are always so polite.

Over a year ago some time after srs. a man at a mail came over to me and yelled you are no woman and grabed my breast. I screamed because they where real (small but real) and I might add sensitive. I hit the guy with all I had and other people called for the police. Several people held the guy while I sat on the floor crying, it really hurt. The mall police came a few minutes later. They arrested him and I was told later by phone ( believe it was his lawyer) that the guy wanted to pay me to drop the charges. I said no. The man served six months in jail and was let go on probation for three years. If people say things I ignore but touching is against the law.
    TO OVER WEIGHT TO POST A PHOTO, MY wife tells me I look like I am pregnant

I can handle an insult with in reason, but if they go touching the may find out real quick just how much of a b**** I can be.

Quote Originally Posted by CynthiaD View Post
    In Texas if someone provokes you, you have a legal right to kick their you-know-what. Yes, we have some peculiar laws, but I suppose that's one reason why Texans are always so polite.
    I'd consider very carefully before acting upon that "right."

In 1998, the Court of Criminal Appeals of Texas in the case of Smith v. State, stated:

“The law clearly requires that the defendant do or say something to cause the attack on him.” The second element of provocation the state must prove at trial is that “the defendant’s acts or words were reasonably calculated to provoke the attack.”

I don't think "Oy mate show us your knickers" quite meets the criteria for justifying a physical attack.
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

Quote Originally Posted by Gerrijerry View Post
    Over a year ago some time after srs. a man at a mail came over to me and yelled you are no woman and grabed my breast. I screamed because they where real (small but real) and I might add sensitive. I hit the guy with all I had and other people called for the police. Several people held the guy while I sat on the floor crying, it really hurt. The mall police came a few minutes later. They arrested him and I was told later by phone ( believe it was his lawyer) that the guy wanted to pay me to drop the charges. I said no. The man served six months in jail and was let go on probation for three years. If people say things I ignore but touching is against the law.
    Good for you! Sorry that happened to you.

I have only been in public a couple of times. One person spoke to us each time. The first time as we are walking down Fremont st in Las Vegas we hear "hey look! Matching fags!" We have kind of adopted this as our motto. Every time we dress alike one of us will repeat it before the night is over. /chuckle. The other time as we walked to Mary's from the hotel across the street, a group of young people saw us and screamed. The young lady ran up to us hugged us, chatted with us on the way to the club and then stayed and partied at tgirl Saturday. Oh wait, one other girl spoke to us at Fremont St. She saw me and hollered "stay pink!" She then saw Julie and ran over and gave her a hug. Sort of makes me wonder why I'm so freaked out about being outside

Hug
    Rita
    A person should wear what he likes to. And not just what other folks say. A person should be who she likes to. A person's a person that way!
    ~Marlo Thomas~

Quote Originally Posted by CynthiaD View Post
    In Texas if someone provokes you, you have a legal right to kick their you-know-what.
    Oh, and the law itself reads:

Texas Penal Code - Section 9.31. Self-Defense

§ 9.31. SELF-DEFENSE. (a) Except as provided in Subsection (b), a person is justified in using force against another when and to the degree he reasonably believes the force is immediately necessary to protect himself against the other's use or attempted use of unlawful force.
    (b) The use of force against another is not justified:
    (1) in response to verbal provocation alone;
    [etc., emphasis mine]

So, violence in response to verbal provocation is not acceptable, even in Texas.
    Eryn

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    I can ignore wise cracks and insults and keep on walking acting as if I wasn't directed towards me.
    Lay your hands on me or grab my purse and its Katie barr the door.

Quote Originally Posted by reb.femme View Post
    If he calls out, oi luv, show us your knickers, should I show?

I think it's difficult to sometimes suppress the man within, but probably best not to get into a fight whilst in skirt and heels.

Rebecca
    LOL You know how much damage you can do with heels?

But in truth, best to ignore the louts and keep moving.
    Before you can love another, you must first like yourself

I Aim To Misbehave

Labels belong on BOXES, not PEOPLE!

Quote Originally Posted by Gerrijerry View Post
    ...They arrested him and I was told later by phone ( believe it was his lawyer) that the guy wanted to pay me to drop the charges. I said no. The man served six months in jail and was let go on probation for three years. If people say things I ignore but touching is against the law.
    I would have passed that one on to the police. Seems to me that might fall into the category of bribery.

Quote Originally Posted by ronny0 View Post
    This one isn't actually true. It's not considered assault with a deadly weapon just because you have a black belt in something. Source: My Hapkido instructor.

Quote Originally Posted by giuseppina View Post
    I would have passed that one on to the police. Seems to me that might fall into the category of bribery.
    Most places that would fall under "out of court settlement". The guys lawyer probably knew his client would be convicted and was trying to bury the case.
    Before you can love another, you must first like yourself

I Aim To Misbehave

Labels belong on BOXES, not PEOPLE!

Quote Originally Posted by Eryn View Post
    Oh, and the law itself reads:

Texas Penal Code - Section 9.31. Self-Defense

§ 9.31. SELF-DEFENSE. (a) Except as provided in Subsection (b), a person is justified in using force against another when and to the degree he reasonably believes the force is immediately necessary to protect himself against the other's use or attempted use of unlawful force.
    (b) The use of force against another is not justified:
    (1) in response to verbal provocation alone;
    [etc., emphasis mine]

So, violence in response to verbal provocation is not acceptable, even in Texas.
    There's still a grey area. If someone speaks in a way that you are reasonably certain he/she intends to do physical harm to you, you can still claim the right to self-defense. There was also a case where a guy shot someone that was breaking into a house across the street and was acquitted of charges because the jury believed he had every reason to believe a crime was being committed (it wasn't, the guy breaking into the house lived there and had locked his keys in the house or car or something).

Sometimes a sarcastic but witty comment can be a great defense. A comeback such as; "I'm not wearing knickers, are you?" can be effective in warding off boorish comments from blokes in public.
    Luv and Jill

Straight, into Fantasy Land