Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Look or feel?

Look or feel?

I had an interesting (if not quite earth-shattering) conversation with the awesome Amy of Just You in Las Vegas a few years back. I told her when I shave my legs and put on nylons I'm happy happy happy because I just love the way my legs look. I've been admiring women's legs my entire life and to see my own as a reasonable facsimile of them was heavenly.

No no no, she advised. My clients (and there have been 100's if not 1000's) love their nylons for the way they feel. Hmm, I responded, yes, love the way the feel but for me it's all about the look. You're in a small minority, she said.

OK, ladies, how about it, look or feel? Hugs, Michelle

Banned Read only
    Hookers don't walk around in "granny dresses" for a reason. And, Amy is a GG. I seriously doubt that 99% of them will ever have the "foggiest idea" of just how strongly a Man's vision affects his brain because their brains don't work the same way for their own protection.

I seriously doubt that many MtFs don't have at least one close to full length mirror and/or a camera of some type? The pic and vid gallery also add fuel to the visual fire.

Feel? Being freshly shaved and getting a massage is the next best thing to getting to the "promised land" IMO.

LOL WAHs -- I love the way my legs look in nylons and heels. Having said that, i love the way the nylons feel when my hands or the edge of my dress or skirt brush against them. When i sit and the hem of my dress or skirt scootch up and shows a hint of stocking edge also drives me crazy.

Platinum Member
    There was a time when it was about feelnto some degree. Now its about look.

Aspiring Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildaboutheels View Post
    Feel? Being freshly shaved and getting a massage is the next best thing to getting to the "promised land" IMO.
    LOL! Yes, Both look and feel are the same for me! Just getting out of the bath tub after shaving and patting dry and putting on a brand new non-stretched pair while tucking is heavenly!!!

Cheryl

Hi Michelle. While the feel is nice, it is definitely the look for me!

Not completely sure on this, but you can only see across a room and you cannot satisfy your desire without touching the attraction! So is it not like going up stairs one step at a time? Kind of like getting to know someone whom you find attractive, you cannot see personality across a room.
    [SIZE="3"]Dana Rachael Stevens

The person I have always wanted to be, is within me!
    [/SIZE]

I am with you the look is all I need, the feel has long since gone.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Amy's clients who have confided in her have said it is feel...the rest of the world may have a different opinion. I only wear stockings when the occasion calls for it so my opinion may not match everyone here, but I wear them for looks.
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

For me, I would say looks and then feel as a very close second. Now, I am talking about my legs with or without nylons walking in a light breeze and feeling that flowing skirt continually lightly brushing against my legs. To me, the feel is much better without the compression covering of nylons. Bare skin is the best. I use nylons for the outfit and almost exclusively during the colder months. I use more opaque tights for the outfit and during the colder months for warmth.

I accept myself as is Gillian Gigs's Avatar
    The more senses that are involved the better. Add some purfume, hear the swish, as you feel the nylons hug you. Don't be looking down too much, so you don't walk into a lamp post. lol
    I like myself, regardless of the packaging that I may come in! It's what is on the inside of the package that counts!

Aspiring Member
    I would say both look and feel are very important.

Coarse scratchy nylons have little appeal to me.

I like how tights with heels look on me, but most brands lack the feel of sheer nylons.

Soft nylons are nice but I don't like how my legs (especially my big feet) look with out heels.

The feel of soft nylons + the look of nylons and heels on my legs = what I really like!

For me, call me greedy, but I want both!

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar
    I think it's both and they reinforce each other. Seeing the effect is terrific but after I walk away from the mirror there is still that terrific set of sensations that follow me everywhere.

Just a touch of class Lynn Marie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by suchacutie View Post
    I think it's both and they reinforce each other. Seeing the effect is terrific but after I walk away from the mirror there is still that terrific set of sensations that follow me everywhere.
    I'm in the "both" camp. I love the erotic feelings of each item I wear, and I love how I look in those items. I'm sort of a purest. I want to look good and feel good from just my lingerie to fully dressed for winter.

I love how I look and how GGs look in nylons. That is why I tried them on the first time. Now how they feel was a pure bonus when I tried them on! Yes they feel great and wow they look hot! Both camps.

I love the way anything feels against my freshly shaved legs. Having said that, I only wear nylons when the occasion calls for it, so I have to say I wear them for the look.
    I know enough to know I don't know enough.

Peace

To me it is all part in part. I couldn't feel sexy without looking sexy. But that does not mean that I need to be all done up to feel sexy. I can look good in leggings and a t shirt or I can look sexy in a fancy dress or nighty. As long as I look good, I know that I am looking sexy.

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn Marie View Post
    I'm in the "both" camp. I love the erotic feelings of each item I wear, and I love how I look in those items. I'm sort of a purist. I want to look good and feel good from just my lingerie to fully dressed for winter.
    The same with me, I love the way everything feels I wear.

It's look for me not really about feel ...my therapist once asked me if I liked the feel of some fabrics

Platinum Member
    Hi Michelle, Why can't I have it both ways??
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Just can't help myself! Brenda456's Avatar
    I like both, but primarily, it is the feel. I love soft clothes and the feel of nylons is wonderful.

its a wash both for me feel and look
    Carpe Noctem

Cheyenne Hyde

"You may never exceed, your own expectations, of yourself"

http://s46.photobucket.com/user/MsHyde2u/library/
    (the password is feminine)

Ummm, YES!

Leah
    Be nice; It don't cost nothing.

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Leah Lynn View Post
    Ummm, YES!

Leah
    Yes, legs are an interregnal part of dressing. So legs must always look good. Hosiery is nice when it's not a thousand degrees out.

Neanderthal in nylons Julie Denier's Avatar
    It's definitely both for me