Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: British Members?

I think there are quite a few UK members here. I travel a lot around the UK with work, and haven't had any real problems at all apart from the odd stare. I reversed into an older lady in a service station on the M3 once, which was rather embarrassing as she blasted the horn on impact so everyone looked. We parked up and I had to get out of the car in my skirt and heels, but no makeup or wig. Then I had to search the car for a pen and paper. She smiled sweetly and was as nice as pie. We exchanged details, but no insurance claim ever came (it was only a gentle bump). On the whole, people have been fine about it - very tolerant. One aggressive-looking bloke looked me up and down in a checkout queue, and said "Nice beard". I said thanks, and he asked me if I was going to a fancy dress party (at 8:30 am). I said "No, I just like dressing like this." He said "Straight up?" and I said "Yup, straight up." And he said "fair enough" and wished me a good day when he left.

I avoid areas where I wouldn't go alone in drab, and so far it seems to be working. I think as long as you don't lurk in dark corners or generally seem creepy, then people here are very tolerant.

Quote Originally Posted by Melanie Sykes View Post

I avoid areas where I wouldn't go alone in drab, and so far it seems to be working. I think as long as you don't lurk in dark corners or generally seem creepy, then people here are very tolerant.

If only that were true of everywhere
    Bi-Gendered, Goth/Metal Fan, Atheist, Artist and British

The fear is in your own head.

Obviously, dark alleys are dangerous for anyone.
    Whenever I have worn a skirt in male mode, there have never been any issues at all.

I live near Manchester, and although I have only very occasionally visited The Village, it seemed really tolerant. I have heard, however that it is now a stop-off for stag and hen parties, who have come to "look at the queers". I heard of one CDer who was verbally abused in Canal Street by such a group of drunken yobboes. Is anyone a member of either the Manchester Concord, or the Northern Concord? Does anyone go to "Le Big 'En"?
    [SIZE="4"][/SIZE]"You can have my stilletoes when you can prise them from my cold, dead feet"

I'm in Norwich, Norfolk