Thread: Sunday afternoon at my office

Sunday afternoon at my office

I have a small part time business & I needed to do some work on a Sunday afternoon. ( I rent a small office in a building that's shared with about another 30 businesses) and there was NO WAY I was going to that in drab was I?? So I got into the office, it's quiet as a mouse, unlock the door, disable the alarm and get all prettied up and settle down to work for a bit.

After about 30 minutes or so, I go down the hallway to get a glass of water from the water cooler and sure enough...... I set off the building alarm !!!! GACK !! I jumped so high and I swear I nearly wet my panties. I have to RUN down the other hallway, down the stairs (in heels dammit) to disable the alarm AGAIN !! and then run back upstairs and then UP the hallway to my office and close the door........
    All the while I'm having a heart attack because when the alarm goes off, security automatically come along to check the disturbance, if it takes too long to disable the alarm, the police can come as well....... and I'd rather not explain to EITHER why I'm in the building wearing a pretty pink dress without security pass & building keys (no pockets in a satin dress !!).

It would have taken faaaaarr too long to get changed first & then disable the alarm - so I HAD to do it all prettied up and hope like hell I don't run into anybody........ thankfully I didn't !!!! OMG my heart was pounding & my hands were shaking so much I could hardly press the buttons on the alarm panel - did I mention I was wearing satin gloves too ?? that made it so much harder.

Aaayyaaayaaayaayaayyyayy!!!! why do I have to have such a difficult hobby ?? I looked something like this at the time:
    Attached Images Attached Images

Trying to find balance wishing2bali's Avatar
    Gasp! I thought I had it bad when I hear the faintest noise outside, and freak out thinking someone is home. That would be scary. Sounds like a "whew" moment to me.

Silver Member
    You could have said you were a damsel in distress if the police showed up. Can't imagine if they took you down to the station and put you in the police line up. At least you would get some free photos. I think you look very pretty so you shouldn't worry.

sounds very exciting and i really love your dress...where did u get it

Banned Read only
    Does the place have security cameras that record the common areas?

Shelly,
    You would have looked quite a picture helping the Queensland police with their inquiries.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Well, one thing for sure, you look awesome! That is such a lovely outfit!

Quote Originally Posted by FrillyShelly View Post
    I have to RUN down the other hallway, down the stairs (in heels dammit) to disable the alarm AGAIN !! and then run back upstairs and then UP the hallway to my office and close the door........
    All the while I'm having a heart attack because when the alarm goes off, security automatically come along to check the disturbance, if it takes too long to disable the alarm, the police can come as well....... and I'd rather not explain to EITHER why I'm in the building wearing a pretty pink dress without security pass & building keys (no pockets in a satin dress !!).
    Now that you are relaxed and recomposed, think about how it could have been worse -- as you ran down the hall you could have heard the slight "snick" of your office door as it closed and locked behind you with your keys inside your office...

Suggestion: Make a spare office key into a cute bangle bracelet so you can wear it next time.

Hugs,
    Persephone.
    "If you are living the life you want to live you've successfully transitioned to being the person you want to be." - Eryn.

"If you truly care about me you should damn well want for me what I want for myself" - Michael Westen (Burn Notice)

-.-. --.-/-.-. --.-/-.-. -../ Persephone™ and Persephone™ are trademarks of Persephone herself, accept no substitutes. The terms "en femme" and "en drab" originated with Marcia Sampson/Staylace (OBM).

well that is a really cute dress i honesty really love it first of all and secondly that is a great story and something i can see happening to and has in very similar way lol congrats on surviving it though

I LOVE the outfit as well.. Truthfully, I have several that are very similar, tho' my tastes have changed more to 'legs and short skirts', than the 'little girl' look, tho the SO often suggests I 'pretty up' in a frilly dress 'just for fun'.. After our third date (when the cat was out of the bag), we both dressed up in one.. She certainly looked better than I, BUT...
    "If it feels good.. - Wear it"!

I have a recurring dream like that--stepping out when I think it's safe then suddenly something happens--locked out of the house, or the magazine sweepstakes guy shows up with a big check and TV crew.

Shelly loved your story as well as the dress.

Be careful next time
    By the way I like how you dressed

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie47 View Post
    Does the place have security cameras that record the common areas?
    OMG !!! now you've given me something new to think about............. I don't know !??!??!?!?!

Platinum Member
    Hi Shelly, You like living on the edge don't you.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Quote Originally Posted by Ericaxd View Post
    I have a recurring dream like that--stepping out when I think it's safe then suddenly something happens--locked out of the house, or the magazine sweepstakes guy shows up with a big check and TV crew.
    Magazine sweepstakes guy - Now THAT'S funny !! How about Oprah or Ellen knocking on your door ?

Quote Originally Posted by FrillyShelly View Post
    OMG !!! now you've given me something new to think about............. I don't know !??!??!?!?!
    Security cameras on on the outside only..... Pheweewwww !!! LOL