Thread: Gotta be I'm

Gotta be I'm

This will probably be moved, but as many of you know I just started dating Paul. A very nice and good looking gentleman. Anyway, I'm here at work (I work in the hotel industry) and a VERY good looking man came in. I'm in my male mode (except for my nails), but I THOUGHT he might have been hitting on me. I think I'm beginning to present without really knowing my female side more and more. Okay, now don't get mad ladies... But, I was very attracted to this man that walked in. So, my question is... are the hormones opening up my eyes to attractive men? Little confused because just a few months ago, I don't know that I would have even noticed this handsome man.

Confused.

Sorry bout the title... silly lap-top.
    Last edited by Jenny CD; 08-06-2013 at 12:41 AM.
    Change is inevitable...

Jenny,
    Be what you want to be.
    Orientation can change under some circumstances.
    Maybe this is how you were made up originally and did not know it.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Some guys are attractive I must admit.

i think your insides are further along then your outside...and it's showing
    paula

Quote Originally Posted by paulaprimo View Post
    i think your insides are further along then your outside...and it's showing
    You think so Paula? I guess I should be happy right? Well, I am! Just gotta figure out how to come to work as my real self and not freak everybody out.
    Change is inevitable...

a word of caution i think might be in order, but it depends on you really, if u feel like u have to change then thats up to you, but there are alot of misunderstanding people out there so make sure you give it plenty of thought.

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenny CD View Post
    I think I'm beginning to present without really knowing my female side more and more.
    The nails could have had something to do with that!

Could be a case of you feeling attracted to him that made you interpreted his actions towards you in a certain way - i.e. that of him being attracted TO you. Or it could be a good ol' case of the gaydar! That he was hitting on you because he is picking up unconscious (or is it subconscious) signals from you that you are approachable.

I couldn't answer whether this is as a result of your hormones - I don't know enough about how they work for a start. But either way, it does sound as though a new world is opening up for you, and from the sounds of it, you are grabbing it with both hands. Good for you. When I came out as gay quite a few years ago now, it was exciting, liberating, and scary all at the same time.

By the way, absolutely nothing wrong with finding people attractive while in a relationship with someone. No matter how serious or how soon into a relationship you are. Acting on those attractions however is a different thing entirely. Reading your posts about Paul, it does seem like you like him a lot, so my advice would be not to do anything to ruin that. Finding others attractive, or even a bit of harmless flirting, won't ruin that. Take it any further though...

Best wishes and please keep us informed in regard to your journey.
    Fulfilling a Lifetime Dream of Living as a Woman in My Adult Years. Ten Years Living 24/7 as a Mature Lady

My Love of Cat's Eye Frames, Bangles, Red Lipstick, Nails, & Cheeks, Comes From My Mother - An Irish Beauty

I'm Always Rainbow Proud

Silver Member
    Some folks who go on HRT claim their sexual orientation changes. Not all by any means, but some do, it is not unheard of.

Quote Originally Posted by Jenny CD View Post
    Just gotta figure out how to come to work as my real self and not freak everybody out.
    Probably I should refrain from typing as we are getting into areas I don't really know anything about. But of course I never could keep my mouth shut! It seems to me the first step if this is your goal would be with Human Resources no? I wish you all the best! Peace and Love!

Hug
    Rita
    A person should wear what he likes to. And not just what other folks say. A person should be who she likes to. A person's a person that way!
    ~Marlo Thomas~

I think it has less to do with hormones, and more with you opening up to your true self. It's great not to have to repress one's soul any longer. Good for you!!!

Yep, hormones are probably raging. You've been thinking so much about being a girl with a man that it's crossed over. Even in male mode you feel like a female right? You're beginning to yearn for the attention of men. Heck, I might not know what I'm talking about, but this is what I'm seeing from the posts you made in the other thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Dee3 View Post
    Yep, hormones are probably raging. You've been thinking so much about being a girl with a man that it's crossed over. Even in male mode you feel like a female right? You're beginning to yearn for the attention of men. Heck, I might not know what I'm talking about, but this is what I'm seeing from the posts you made in the other thread.
    You are right... I do feel like a woman in male mode. My co-worker, who knows about my change said I am starting to walk like a girl! She's silly, but I guess I've noticed that I shake my rump when I walk! And yea, I yearn for attention from men. So new to me.
    Change is inevitable...