Thread: I've finally told my mom ^^

I've finally told my mom ^^

Sorry if the wrong forum again o.e I'm not transitioning, so I think this forum would be the best place to share this at

So last night I ended up telling my mom that I crosssdress, wear makeup and everything. That i'm trying to appear female etc.
    Of course I get a few laughs out of her as I don't want to force it all on her at once and be like this is me. surprisingly though she sort of already knew.

I told her about feeling transgendered as well, she doesn't fully understand I think yet but she told me that she doesn't care as she loves me. She even told me to relax and just be happy since i've been a nervous wreck the past few days. I don't live with her anymore and she was still able to tell that I've been a nervous wreck :P I'm going to talk to her more later today and see her again tomorrow ^^ For once I'm feeling happy, my biggest fear out of this would be that I would lose my girlfriend and/or my mom over something like this and, it seems it's fine

It's rather funny seeing as she told me she knew sort of u.u I apparently give myself away in the way that I dress when presenting as male for the crossdressing part. and She sort of knew my gender identity was off with the way that I carry myself? haha I guess it's noticeable that I don't truly enjoy being a boy, which makes me happy since other people are noticing it as well

Anywho i'm excited to talk to her again and I wanted to share with everyone here Seeing other people be so open with themselves is sort of inspiring So thank you everyone ^^ Just wanted to share :3
    and I wish anyone else telling family members luck with acceptance from them ^^

Banned Read only
    Hi Cyan

That is so cool. Are not Mom's the best. I feel for the one's that have trouble w/ their mothers. A mother should always be the one that you can talk too about everything. It's suppose to transfer to the wife but, in my case, she needs a lubejob , tires , a muffler or something. Regarding the girlfriend, you'll actually be saving money, which is always good. I'm glad the burden is off your shoulders kiddo. Good Luck

Congrats, that's a big step!

My parents are/were very accepting of me too, it's a great feeling.

Quote Originally Posted by MysticLady View Post
    Hi Cyan

That is so cool. Are not Mom's the best. I feel for the one's that have trouble w/ their mothers. A mother should always be the one that you can talk too about everything. It's suppose to transfer to the wife but, in my case, she needs a lubejob , tires , a muffler or something. Regarding the girlfriend, you'll actually be saving money, which is always good. I'm glad the burden is off your shoulders kiddo. Good Luck
    Yes, like I was scared to tell her just because I always feel like I can hug her and tell her my worries at times even though we had a tough spot when I was in my mid teens like everyone I always did and still do love her ^^ I didn't want to lose her :P
    My girlfriend is the same way so yes I suppose I will be saving money
    and awh :c I'm sorry about your wife uhm needing repairs :P I wish you luck as well with all of that

and yes! the burden is gone ^^ and it feels great thank you!

@boink yes yes it is a wondrous feeling <3

It is a HUGE burden off of your shoulders once they know and accept it. I finally told my family in April, which being 51 is probably about 30 or 40 years late, but they took it well, though my mom can't seem to separate gender identity from sexual orientation and keeps asking me the same question, "have you ever been with a guy?"

A huge congratulations!!!!
    If I had any idea that therapy, hair removal, hair transplants, doctors and medications were so expensive I would have planned to be rich first.

Quote Originally Posted by TNRobin View Post
    It is a HUGE burden off of your shoulders once they know and accept it. I finally told my family in April, which being 51 is probably about 30 or 40 years late, but they took it well, though my mom can't seem to separate gender identity from sexual orientation and keeps asking me the same question, "have you ever been with a guy?"

A huge congratulations!!!!
    It really is!
    I find it funny that the whole gender identity and sexual orientation thing are so strongly linked in the minds of our parents!
    My mom asked me 3 times like as if to clarify xD
    "you're not, you know doing it with men?", "well you're not looking at guys?", "well that doesn't mean you prefer men!"
    She had me laughing by the last time just out of sheer repetition xD

And to you too It's never too late ^^

Great story thanks for sharing Cyan , right now im in the exact same shoes err i mean heels that you are in , just last week i finally came out to my mom and told her everything ,. isnt it one of the greatest feelings in the world ? looking back my only regrets about this is i havent came out much sooner ,. but we got the rest of our lives and it sounds like you have a wonderful mother that just wants the best in life for you

just be yourself and be happy about who you are ,. a mothers love is one of the most valuable things in the world ,. hugs

Quote Originally Posted by CyanAlli View Post
    It really is!
    I find it funny that the whole gender identity and sexual orientation thing are so strongly linked in the minds of our parents!
    My mom asked me 3 times like as if to clarify xD
    "you're not, you know doing it with men?", "well you're not looking at guys?", "well that doesn't mean you prefer men!"
    She had me laughing by the last time just out of sheer repetition xD

And to you too It's never too late ^^
    I was thinking of a conversation like this the other day, a "what if" kinda thing.

I decided my response to this sort of question would be, "I'm a bit camp, dear, not gay"
    "Normal is what you get when you average out the weirdness that everybody has." Quote from my SO

Normal is a setting on a washing machine, or another word for average.

The fact that I wear a skirt as a male should not be taken as a comment on what you do, or do not wear, or how you wear it.

"I'm a bit camp, dear, not gay"
    LOL I love it

You look like a girl when dressed and you don't like the company of men.
    You have a girlfriend and you dress like a girl.
    Sounds like you are mesing with your mother's head.
    A few more therapy sessions for her and you will have it straightened out.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Quote Originally Posted by Beverley Sims View Post
    You look like a girl when dressed and you don't like the company of men.
    You have a girlfriend and you dress like a girl.
    Sounds like you are mesing with your mother's head.
    A few more therapy sessions for her and you will have it straightened out.
    Thank you ^^
    that was one of the other questions my mom asked me actually was how my girlfriend thought about it My girlfriend was with me and chimed in and said I love her >w< I'm sure her head is in a madness at the moment :P
    I know she sees someone so I'm sure she will bring it up with them :P

Quote Originally Posted by Courtney . J View Post
    Great story thanks for sharing Cyan , right now im in the exact same shoes err i mean heels that you are in , just last week i finally came out to my mom and told her everything ,. isnt it one of the greatest feelings in the world ? looking back my only regrets about this is i havent came out much sooner ,. but we got the rest of our lives and it sounds like you have a wonderful mother that just wants the best in life for you

just be yourself and be happy about who you are ,. a mothers love is one of the most valuable things in the world ,. hugs
    I prefer flats ! They are comfyyy <3
    Also congrats to you too! It is quite a great feeling! I feel that way as well, I wondered where I would be if I had told my mom when I was very little and whatnot! LIke woah. But let's not dwell on that! like you said we have th rest of our lives to be us and be happy without trying to hide ourselves. It really is u.u

@UNDERDRESSER The what if conversations are somewhat fun to be honest it's fun to think hypothetically :P

Quote Originally Posted by CyanAlli View Post

@UNDERDRESSER The what if conversations are somewhat fun to be honest it's fun to think hypothetically :P
    Yup, though in the past, I've spent rather too much time having them in my head, but these days, I tend to have them with actual people more. When I get that stunned look though, I say, "Ooops, was that my outside voice?"
    "Normal is what you get when you average out the weirdness that everybody has." Quote from my SO

Normal is a setting on a washing machine, or another word for average.

The fact that I wear a skirt as a male should not be taken as a comment on what you do, or do not wear, or how you wear it.