Thread: *sob*

*sob*

They say that bad things come in threes. I SO hope that is true. I have already had to deal with losing all my mail http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...ad.php?t=19590, a scary, expensive car breakdown late at night on the freeway in the pouring rain, and now this. I’m still in tears over it. :crying:

The one chance I have all year to dress to the nines is at my TG social club’s Christmas party. I spent days and way too much money making sure that I would look like a million dollars.

I started with my long black faux organza dress (long sleeves, high neck). Under that, a red chemise with cream lace at the bustline and the vent at the right knee. I dressed up a plain pair of black kitten heels at the vamp with little silver hearts taken from a necklace. I already have a classic black clutch. I chose a 3-strand pearl choker with a big green stone in front (red and green for Christmas). The rest of my jewelry was silver and fairly understated (little wristwatch, bracelet, hoop earrings, and a pretty friendship ring that a tgf had given me). I styled the bangs and flip on my best shag-cut (dark brown with auburn highlights) wig. And, of course, shiny silver-gray stockings. For warmth, a little black shoulder wrap with an understated brooch. Armed with a camera and a full makeup case including faux lashes and press-on scarlet nails, I was READY!

On the day in question (Wednesday), I got a notice that the Postal Inspector would show up to give us access to our mail between 1:00 and 1:05 pm (how considerate!). He was two hours late, keeping us all standing in the pouring rain (we all got multiple parking tickets, too). By the time I got to the party I was a drowned rat and there wasn’t time to do makeup or hair worthy of the outfit. :mad:

So, I reverted to my backup clothes: a frumpy jumper with a frayed cotton turtleneck, knee socks, klunky loafers, no jewelry, hair in a short ratty ponytail, tiny studs in my ears and no makeup except for a little lipstick and concealer. I tiptoed to a corner seat and spent the evening hoping that nobody would give me too close a look.

Oh well, there’s always next Christmas.

Love

Rachel Ann xxx

p.s., a little later after posting this - Upon reflection, I suppose that it’s pretty childish of me to carry on so when so many others have so many real problems. It’s a good time to recall Audrey Hepburn’s beauty tips:

For attractive lips, Speak words of kindness.

For lovely eyes, Seek out the good in people.

For a slim figure, Share your food with the hungry.

For beautiful hair, Let a child run his or her fingers through it once a day.

For poise, Walk with the knowledge you'll never walk alone.

People, even more than things, have to be restored, renewed, revived, reclaimed and redeemed; Never throw out anybody.

Remember, if you ever need a helping hand, you'll find one at the end of your arm.

As you grow older you will discover that you have two hands; one for helping yourself, the other for helping others.

The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman must be seen from in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides.

The beauty of a woman is not in a facial mole, but true beauty in a Woman is reflected in her soul. It is the caring that she lovingly gives, the passion that she knows.

And the beauty of a woman, with passing years only grows!
    Last edited by Rachel Ann; 12-23-2005 at 04:33 AM.
    In another time's forgotten space
    Your eyes looked through your mother's face
    Wildflower seed and sand and stone
    May the four winds blow you safely home
    - Robert Hunter

Rachel,
    Im so sorry to hear your big night wasn't how you had hoped it would be.
    It sounds like your due for some better luck now !
    Some of the best things happen when you least expect it
    Take care
    Cindy

And in retrospect, Audrey is right, of course. But I wish that you could have had the night you envisioned. At least you'll always have the memory of how it was foiled, and you'll laugh about that the rest of your life.

Merry Christmas to you!

Any money found in the laundry is MINE!

"This is no social crisis....this is me having fun!"

www.flickr.com/photos/tgmarla/

Silver Member
    Too bad your evening was spoiled---your outfit sounded lovely---but I noticed you live in the San Francisco area---I'm sure there are lots of Transgendered Events there through out the year where you will have an opportunity to get dressed.---xoxoxo--Ms Janessa

GypsyKaren
    Hi Rachel

I'm sorry you had such a rough go of it, just keep on smiling. Whenever I get the blues I tell myself "it could be worse, and it's a nice day".

GypsyKaren

Rachel,
    I'm so sorry that you big evening end that way. You do have a right ot feel bad. Maybe you shpould send a lot of letters with an address that can't be found.
    Stephenie

girl next door
    I'm so sorry sweetie for your misfortune.
    Fortunately you do have the gift of perpective.
    I hadn't seen Ms. Hepburn's tips before,
    thanks for sharing, sweetie.
    Love,
    Tammi
    [SIZE="3"]
    my wish for you is peace
    [/SIZE]

lo·gom·a·chy /loʊˈgɒməki/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[loh-gom-uh-kee] –noun, plural -chies.
    1. a dispute about or concerning words.
    2. an argument or debate marked by the reckless or incorrect use of words; meaningless battle of words

So sorry that your outing was spoiled, Rachel, I bet you looked spectacular in the organza dress.
    “I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.”
    Marilyn Monroe

That really sucks Rachel Ann, I am so sorry. I know what it is like to have something all planned and have it fall to pieces at the end. Big hugs for you girl!
    DanaJ

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]